“Nice for a pet friendly 2 star hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12242 Morris Bridge Road, Temple Terrace, FL 33637   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Temple Terrace
Florida
“Nice for a pet friendly 2 star hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here recently on 2 separate nights. We wanted a hotel off I-75 and within minutes of USF, and this was perfect. This hotel is not luxurious by any means, but nicer than most other 2 star hotels that allow dogs (think Super 8, Days Inn, etc) and we got it for a good price using the express deal on Priceline. I would probably be disappointed if I paid the full list price, but it's still nicer than hotels at similar price points.

Pros:
- full sized fridge and kitchenette
- adequate free parking
- most customers seemed to be truck drivers, working long term assignments, etc so it was quiet at night
- check in staff was friendly
- affordable pet policy & allow larger dogs ($25 per night non refundable)
- free breakfast but it's very light (granola bars, muffins, fruit and coffee in the lobby).

Cons:
- beds and linens are cheap and uncomfortable
- walls are thin
- bathroom is very small & they don't provide any toiletries besides bar soap, no hair dryer either so bring your own
- our 2nd room was non-smoking but reeked of smoke. Someone had obviously smoked in the bathroom and I'm surprised housekeeping didn't fix this (management, if you're reading it was room 112).

There are a few fast food options & Starbucks across the street, or lots more restaurants the next exit down on Fowler Ave.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your room smelled of smoke . I am retraining the housekeeping staff to ensure that every room smells fresh, so that this does not happen again in the future. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ttt@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed with this chain in the past and had opted to only do so again as a last resort since their properties appeared to suffer from lack of maintenance. This last stay was a last resort, but I was very pleasantly surprised. The building had been Renovated, the staff was courteous and accommodating, and the rate was very fair. The bed was a bit firm, but bearable. The grab and go breakfast was convenient, and the coffee was actually good! Hope all the properties are doing the same.

• Stayed February 2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our grab and go breakfast and courteous staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Watkins, IA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very nice place to stay, and inexpensive too. Very clean, staff is great. You can't find a better place to stay in Tampa, especially for this price! Will stay here whenever in Tampa. I don't have to worry about anything here, it is all provided. They even have a "Grab and Go" in the morning. You can get oatmeal, muffins, coffee and even hot chocolate!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Tampa - Temple Terrace. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. We are glad hear that you enjoyed and took advantage of our new "Grab and Go Breakfast". It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Not sure how old this place is, but it feels new. It is well taken care of and has friendly, helpful staff. the access to the interstate (at Fletcher Ave and I-75) is quick, and a coffee shop just a quarter mile away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Tampa - Temple Terrace. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. We stive to maintain our properties and thank you for noticing the excellent condition of the property. We have recently also under went a renovation as well. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had to stay at this location for a few months on business travel. The staff is friendly and very helpful. They went out of their way to make me feel at home and were very accommodating to my needs. The entire hotel is newly renovated which makes for an even better long term stay experience. I like the location because it is very close to I-75 which makes for ease of travel. In addition, the rooms are very clean and have all of the accommodations needed for a long term traveler. I highly recommend this location and appreciate all of the efforts of the staff to make my stay as enjoyable as possible.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are good because the hotel is newly renovated.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our renovated, clean rooms and friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed in both the Tampa and Clearwater locations for several weeks after relocating to Florida and I must say that this hotel chain has exceeded our expectations. I'm very particular when it comes to hotels and will usually let the reviews determine whether or not I will make a reservation. The staff has been extremely helpful, the rooms are very clean, decorated nicely, and the price is great - especially when you're "not" being reimbursed. I would certainly stay here again and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Tampa - Temple Terrace. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I spent 10 weeks there as a travel nurse, and my company made the arrangements and paid for it. Nice front desk staff, but it was dingy, my window opened up to a business next door who grew rooms in compost--imagine the smell in the humid air.--the walls were like paper, and the "kitchen" was virtually nonexistent. Hard beds, who knows when the bed spreads were last washed--turned me off from the whole chain.

Room Tip: What restaurant and pool?
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America - Tampa North - USF - Attractions. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable bed is our guest's most valued amenity, which is why we have completely renovated our hotel since your stay last spring. The have added lots of upgrades to the hotel and we replaced all the mattress and bedding with new Euro Top Mattresses by Serta. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. We did recognize that the hotel was due for a refresh and we did react and completely reonvated and gave the hotel an entire new look and added tons of upgrades. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Tampa - North - USF - Attractions? Share your experiences!