Stayed at the LaQuinta Inn & Suites July 10 - July 12, 2009 for a family reunion. The hotel was clean yet not prepared for the 3 large groups that were booked. We arrived at 1:00, which is their posted check in time and had to wait 20 minutes because rooms were not ready and they had OVERBOOKED the hotel. There were 3 large groups at the hotel at the same time which I'm sure made things very difficult for the travelers in the hotel who were not with either group. Things I didn't like about the hotel: 1. Sleeping rooms are on the same level and right across from the meeting rooms. We had an event scheduled to 11:00 p.m. The hotel security SHUT US DOWN at 10:00 p.m. because other hotel guest were complaining -- as they should have because again -- THERE WERE 3 LARGE GROUPS AT THE HOTEL.
2. The "dining area" where the food was being served was not large enough just for our family group. This was not good for the other hotel guests because it is directly off of the lobby of the hotel and if you were going out and coming in, you were in the same traffic pattern.
3. The pool rules changed than what was posted. Because there were SEVERAL TEENAGERS in the hotel because of the 3 large groups -- it became noisy. Again, not comfortable for the other travelers. The pool is small but the sitting area was larger than the pool. With the weather being hot in July -- the 3 groups of teenagers that were there at the same time was a disaster. This made the hotel "change" the pool policy to TRY and accommodate the other guests. THIS DIDN'T WORK! I actually saw people checking out of the hotel because of the noise level coming directly from the pool area because their rooms were on the 1st level. Not sure what they expected with that many kids and teenagers in the hotel at the same time.
Things I liked about this hotel: 1. Nice surroundings.2. Staff was very friendly and helpful. 3. Rooms were clean.
4. Morning breakfast was a good alternative.
Overall, I think they made the mistake of booking a family reunion, a football team, and another team of teenagers together. The hotel was booked SOLID with lots of teenagers -- I'm sure they outnumbered the adults.
If I was to visit the area again, I would consider staying but definitely not with a larger group.
Overall the stay was good but I would have said excellent if they had considered NOT TRYING TO MAKE ALL THE MONEY ON ROOMS and instead thought about the activities that were to take place in the hotel with the other guests that were confirmed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand new Holiday Inn Express Tampa North provides easy access to Interstate 75 and local points of interest such as the University of South Florida, Telecom Business Park, Hidden River Business Park, Moffitt Cancer Center, VA Hospital, Busch Gardens, and much more.The Tampa hotel location offers a premium guest experience including, refreshing outdoor pool and huge Jacuzzi, fitness center, and meeting facilities. A Free upgraded Bright Side Breakfast awaits you every morning in our beautiful and spacious breakfast area with extended outdoor patio seating. Our Welcome Reception is held for our Guests Monday - Thursday from 4:30pm-6:30pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park Hotel Temple Terrace
- La Quinta Tampa North
- La Quinta Temple Terrace