We just returned from a 16 day trip from Maryland down to Atlanta, then to Savannah, down to Orlando, to Tampa, and then up to St. Simon Island, and back to Maryland. We will be doing reviews for many of our stops. Just a bit about us. We are a couple in our 40s and have two kids aged 4 and 9 who are seasoned travelers and who have easy going personalities. We use hotels as a place to sleep. It needs to be clean and have comfortable beds. It does not need to be luxurious since we are rarely awake and in the hotel.
We may have found the perfect hotel for us, darned shame it is 17 hours from our house. We interacted with four staff members, two front desk, the breakfast lady, and one of the ladies that cleaned the room. All of them were exceptional; friendly, polite, accommodating. The front desk women that checked us in was very helpful with a restaurant recommendation and gave us an upgrade to a king suite (we are priority club platinum and stay regularly at Holiday Inn express). The lady at breakfast asked repeatedly if there was anything else we needed and how we were enjoying the food. We have been to expensive sit down restaurants where we did not get this level of service. The rooms were very clean and the lady who cleaned was very nice and did a fabulous job. If you have stayed at a Holiday Inn express it doesn't need to be stated that the needs were comfortable and the shower head is awesome.
We stayed for three nights while we visited Busch Gardens and its water park. It was about 10-15 minutes to the parks from the hotel. The hotel has a on demand (you call and it comes) shuttle to Busch Gardens up until 4 pm. Very nice pool and fitness center. The pool was a little small but when we were there it was mostly business travelers so we were the only ones in the pool so there was plenty of room. The pool has a small waterfall area that the boys thought was very fancy. I am a runner and the treadmill seemed to be true from a speed standpoint. The hotel is in an industrial complex with sidewalks that go a couple of miles into the complex so you also have a safe quite area of about four miles round trip to run outside. i do not know how we could have had a better stay? everything and everyone was wonderful.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park Hotel Temple Terrace
- La Quinta Tampa North
- La Quinta Temple Terrace
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The brand new Holiday Inn Express Tampa North provides easy access to Interstate 75 and local points of interest such as the University of South Florida, Telecom Business Park, Hidden River Business Park, Moffitt Cancer Center, VA Hospital, Busch Gardens, and much more.The Tampa hotel location offers a premium guest experience including, refreshing outdoor pool and huge Jacuzzi, fitness center, and meeting facilities. A Free upgraded Bright Side Breakfast awaits you every morning in our beautiful and spacious breakfast area with extended outdoor patio seating. Our Welcome Reception is held for our Guests Monday - Thursday from 4:30pm-6:30pm. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.