“Very pleasantly surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Temple Terrace
Salida, Colorado
“Very pleasantly surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stay in the Temple Terrace area often because of children and grandchildren living here and have stayed in many different hotels. This one was very very nice for the price. The ladies at check-in couldn't have been nicer and more helpful, they gave us free bottles of water every evening, the rooms were very clean, the bathrooms larger than most for hotels in this category, towels were much nicer than others, bed was comfortable, air conditioning worked well. There was a refrigerator and microwave, used the fridge, not the microwave. Coffee and tea in room. TV worked great. The pool area/hot tub was nice and the kids got to swim as late as 10pm (don't know if pool had a closing time but it was nice not to have to worry about having to get out before they were ready) adults had very pleasant sitting area by pool, the breakfast was very good, we stayed 3 nights and each day had different things, could have provided more fresh fruit though as it ran out quickly but everything else was quickly replenished and coffee was some of the best I've ever had. ALL the staff were SO extraordinarily kind, gracious, helpful and always had a smile and great attitude and a happy greeting for you! Our grandson was celebrating his 10th birthday and the staff were so sweet to allow the family to use the breakfast area to have his cake and presents for our little party, they even offered us the use of plates and forks and napkins and even shared a piece of birthday cake with us!! Overall a terrific experience at this hotel and would recommend it, we've stayed in other hotels in the area and paid much more and were not nearly as nice!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
MANAGERHIX, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It was a pleasure having you stay with us during your visit. We are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service and facilities. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Than you for staying with us and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Gautier, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Check in was great and at first glance the room was clean. When we went to make the sleeper-sofa, popcorn was in the spread and there were no pillowcases. No big deal. The big deal was when Venda at the front desk stated the housekeepers were gone but she would look. During this three hour period we were tortured with the familiar smell of the Holiday Inn cookies cooking. We never saw the cookies; Venda insisted it was her "McDonald's". Please don't tell a Platinum member that. F-. Never got a spread but did get two pillows. I'm not much on poor reviews so the good points are as follows. 1. It's only 10,000 points per night. 2. The lobby and business center are good-to-go and 3. there is a Chinese restaurant right next door.

Room Tip: Check your room early.
MANAGERHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
First let me thank you for your review while staying at our hotel. Please be assured we take all of our guests comments seriously. We will addressyour issues with our team members so that we can improve on our quality of service.
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

an outstanding experience. at check in I was asked if our stay was due to a medical appointment. when I said it was, she offered a hospital rate much lower than our reservation. what a nice surprise. our room was clean and everything was in order. a nice touch was a wine, beer, and nibble session from 4 to 6. it included cheesecake servings. food was nearby and within walking distance. its location 3 miles from moffitt cancer center, our doctor appointment makes this our choice in the future. I think I bring knowledge and judgement to my review. when I worked, I traveled full time and spent an average of 3 to 4nights a week in hotels across 20 states for 25 years. I don't normally respond to requests for reviews, but since this property was exceptional, I made an exception.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review!! We appreciate all the positive comments and will be sure to share this with our employees to increase their hard work and to improve on our guest satisfaction.
maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I read the reviews of this hotel and there were better reviews on Hotels.com and I chose it....This place was not cheap.....145 was the rate for a king bed room. I never write reviews but this room was gross. I did not want to walk on the carpet. There were black stains everywhere.....a big red spot....hope that wasn't blood. My kids 8 and 10 could not even sleep on the sofabed as it was a 1970's full wire mattress that they said was hurting them. The sofabed fabric needed a good cleaning to....looked like something out of a 1970s basement. The staff pointed out the next morning that I could have rented cots from them....uh yeah....if I would have paid 70/80 bux for this room then okay.....Breakfast was good....only plus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MANAGERHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hello. Please let me start by offering a heartfelt apology for the issues you experienced during your stay. As you can see from all the reviews you have read, and mentioned, this is very unusual for our hotel to have such obvious service and quality issues. Please rest assured we take all of our guests comments very seriously, and will immediately inspect all rooms for the carpet cleanliness you pointed out to us. We will also check all the sofa sleepers for their condition and take immediate steps to make improvements.

Thank you for your constructive feedback.
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Seven miles from Busch Gardens, Tampa + fantastic price. This hotel is hidden a bit in the industrial district + stays booked during the week, but you can get great deals on the weekend. Very clean, nice and quiet. Not to be overlooked!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Hello! Thank you for your review! We are tucked away by the river. It is so nice and quiet where we are. A true place to relax and unwind. Thank you again for posting a review for us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at this particular hotel. Everything about this hotel was awesome. It wasn’t too far from dinning or the casino. It was very close to I-75 and the staff are friendly. I really love my huge king size bed and the bathroom. It was very clean and decorated nicely. I have nothing bad to stay about this hotel. I would definitely stay again if I was in Tampa for business or leisure trip

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
MANAGERHIX, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hello! Thank you for your review! We are very happy you had a great stay!
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We chose this hotel based on so many positive reviews and it's newness. When we entered the front lobby, it was as anticipated. Very nice and clean. The little girl at the front desk was so friendly and made us feel welcomed. Checked out the pool, breakfast area, etc. Once again, very nice and clean. Got up to the room and was immediately impressed with the color scheme and layout. So far, so good. Well, as I walked over by the desk, I noticed really bad carpet stains where someone spilled a drink, red stains on the bed skirt, toilet lid and by the light switch, (looked like blood). Yuck! A total turn off. The service would have been excellent if the housekeeping stepped up to the plate and did their part.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hello, and thank you for your review. I have to say that your experience with the discrepancies in your room are very uncharacteristic of our hotel. My whole team works so hard to make sure each guests stay is wonderful. I am so sorry we missed this mark this time. Please rest assured I will be reviewing your comments with my team so we can make sure this doesn't happen again. Hopefully you will be able to come back soon and see where we have improved!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Temple Terrace
4.0 of 5 stars 488 reviews
Wingate by Wyndham Tampa / USF
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
Hyatt Place Busch Gardens

Been to Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park? Share your experiences!