“Very Nice!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Creekside Inn Islamorada

You added Creekside Inn Islamorada to your Saves list
Creekside Inn Islamorada
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   90611 Old Highway, Tavernier, Key Largo, FL 33036 (Formerly Keys Resort & Marina)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
Vail, Colorado
“Very Nice!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We chose the Creekside Inn because of its incredibly convenient location on the way to Key West. The rooms are spacious, though not incredibly modern, and the property is right on the creek. We enjoyed sitting outside by the water in the evening, and we LOVED the location. Daniel at the front desk was very nice and helpful!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
German F, Manager at Creekside Inn Islamorada, responded to this review, September 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write to us and advise us of your experience at our hotel.
We are constantly striving to improve our hotel and appreciate your positive comments.
We will be sure to share your comments with our team at Creekside Inn.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have stayed twice at Creekside. The mid week rates are reasonable and the rooms are comfortable and clean. Staff is friendly and accommodating. The key system is old school locks with actual keys you sign for. Be sure you do not loose a key as the charge is. $250.00 as the locks have to be changed. Both times I have checked in that was not explained but I am sure it is in the fine print when you sign for a key. I was lucky to find my key back at the restaurant where I had dinner. Thanks to Kim at the Shrimp Shack I did not have to buy locks. Great place for local seafood also.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Key Largo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had a wonderful time staying at the Creekside Inn. The place is beautiful and very cleaning. We arrived by boat and we were able to dock it right outside our room, which was a lovely room, with a king size bed. Fresh linens arrived the next morning and bed was made while we were out for breakfast. If you want a good meal, you will have to try the Old Tavernier Restaurant, which is in walking distance to the hotel. A little pricey but delicious. Cute shops right next door and you can rent kayaks or paddle boards for the day which was a lot of fun. Overall I would recommend this sweet oasis in Tavernier, Florida. Thanks for the great stay, De Van

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have the same room reserved due to my frequent stays at Creekside. There will be some bathroom remodeling done soon and that will round out the extensive improvements. Looking forward to that! The staff is courteous and very responsive to requests. I am very pleased with the housekeeping staff.

Room Tip: Keep the drapes open to let in the light and still maintain privacy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Very fairly priced. Rooms were spotless and beds were clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and Daniel was great. Im glad I found this place so i can come back on my next trip down to Islamorada!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Just stayed at Creekside this weekend for one night and I was impressed. Recently renovated rooms create a cozy and inviting place to rest your head. We arrived around noon and were able to check right into our room for the night. I was a little disappointed with the front desk, as I asked if they had any upgrades available for a water view room or first floor room, and I was told they were completely booked for the night, no upgrades, no chance to switch rooms - no no no. But the "VACANCY" sign was illuminated all night, which tells me they most likely had rooms available, but since I booked this through Expedia the girl at the desk didn't want to look for something different than what had already been assigned to us. The room was small, but fine for 2 people. Double bed, small bathroom with a stand up shower. My only complaint with the room is the bed we had was TERRIBLE. The mattress is clearly very old and sagging in the middle, which made it very difficult and uncomfortable to sleep. (Room #16) I had read a bunch of reviews on this hotel prior to staying this weekend and most were upset with the road noise. This was apparent when we were outside at the pool (sits right on the road) and out in the bar-b-que, outdoor tiki area (also right on the road). But when we got into our room, the A/C unit drowned out all road noise. There was a large group staying at this hotel the same night, and they took it upon themselves to take over the entire Tiki area - every table, every chair, every lounge chair - and play their own music very loud, making it impossible for any one else to enjoy the quiet area set up for guests. We ended up going to the backside of the hotel and moving 2 Adirondack chairs to the far corner of the hotel, in order to get some peace & quiet to relax and enjoy a glass of wine together. This isn't Creekside's fault, just inconsiderate guests.
We did use the pool, which is LOADED with chlorine! Be careful if allowing your kids to swim or if you decide to go underwater...your eyes will burn for several minutes after surfacing. The pool area is small, but very nice. Plenty of lounge chairs available and a table with an Umbrella as well.
Make sure you have Breakfast at the restaurant next door - Made 2 Order. Beautiful location on the creek, great food, good portions, and excellent staff. This is not to be missed! We would stay at Creekside again, but also found a few other small inns & resorts tucked back off of the road a little bit more that I think we might try next time. For the price, I think this place was great for one night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

My first stay at the Creekside Inn. There will be many more. The rooms are clean, pleasant, and very adequate for travelers. I especially enjoyed the back door of my room which opens up to the salt water channel where guests could sit on a deck chair or bench and actually catch fish. Yes, real fish like snapper, snook, etc. To sit out there and fish while enjoying a beverage and watching the boats passing by ........well it was very enjoyable. And to top it all off the entire staff was accommodating and delightful. Thanks for the great stay.

Billygoatdoug

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Creekside Inn Islamorada? Share your experiences!