“Most highly recommended!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 18 Activities in Tavernier
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello and welcome to Florida Keys Shallow Water Flats Fishing. Are you ready to fish the gin clear flats of Islamorada, Key Largo and the Everglades in the Florida Keys? Come on down! I'm an amicable and patient guide who will work hard to make your day on the water a success. I have lived and fished in the Keys for over 30 years and have been guiding fisherman just like you on the flats of the Florida Keys for over 20 of those years. Whether you choose to fish for tailing bonefish and redfish or giant tarpon, I assure you an enjoyable, interesting and exciting day in the Florida Keys. Though I primarily sight fish for these gamefish, we can fish for easier targets as well if your skills are not as high as your expectations. For the novice fisherman, I'll provide friendly fly fishing or light spinning tackle instruction. For the accomplished angler I can help to fine tune your casting skills. Expert? Our game fish should provide quite the thrill and challenge you're looking for.
Arlington, Virginia
“Most highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I spent a couple of days fly-fishing for redfish with Barry. He is the hardest working guide I have ever known and a pleasure to spend time with. He put me on dozens of fish, worked with me on my casting, and exposed me to the beautiful backcountry of Florida Bay. His calm, affable nature guarantees an enjoyable day of fishing. He is simply superb. I look forward to fishing with him again.

Visited July 2014

Boise, Idaho
“Best Florida Guide Iv'e Fished With !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I have been coming to the Keys to Fly-fish for 10 years and have had several good Guides.
Barry is at the top of my list! Barry works hard to get you into Fish, and will TEACH NOT CRITICIZE if needed. His calm nature and years of experience make it a day of great fishing !
First time out with Barry my Friend caught his first Red Fish in the back country and next day I caught a nice Tarpon on the Oceanside! Great Trip!

Visited June 2014
flatsguide, Owner at Florida Keys Flats Fishing, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Enjoyed the days with you Lyle and Ed! A pleasure to fish with folks who care about the environment and enjoy the outdoors as much as myself! Looking forward to fishing with you again!
Annapolis, Maryland
“A great choice for fishing the flats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My son and I fished with Barry earlier this week in the most challenging conditions the weather could deliver, and Barry put us on tarpon on the ocean side and a variety of fish in the back country. We had a great time. Barry is an excellent teacher - he made quick adjustments to our fly and spin casting techniques to suit the conditions and we immediately saw results. For avid anglers, he is very knowledgeable and has many years of experience in all aspects of fly and light tackle fishing in the area, and he will put you in position to do your best. His boat and equipment are meticulously kept, and you will be impressed with his skills. For novice anglers, he would be a great choice to introduce you to the sport and the amazing eco-system of the keys. We have fished with many guides in Florida and on the East Coast, and consider Barry a first class professional. Highly recommended if you are interested in fishing the keys.

Visited June 2014
Hancocks Bridge, New Jersey
“Can't wait to do it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about Capt. Barry Hoffman. Although conditions were not ideal, Barry put my wife and me in position for several good shots at cruising tarpon. Even though my excitement overwhelmed my casting ability, Barry stayed patient and very up beat. He gently coached us on what we could do better on the next one, each time. Finally, I made a good cast to a hungry tarpon and it was on! Unfortunately, it was not to be, as my fish came unbuttoned after a short battle.

Mr. Tarpon and I have unfinished business. I will charter Barry again. Barry was a lot of fun to fish with. He has a top notch boat and tackle. It was the highlight of our keys trip. I regret not booking multiple days. I highly recommend Capt. Barry Hoffman for your flats fishing experience.

Visited May 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“One for the bucket list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

If you are looking to try your hand at fishing the flats there is no one better than baz hoffman at florida flats fishing
My recent day out as a complete novice identified that baz has the patience of a saint
It really does not matter what your skill level is as baz will take you through the basics and his knowledge of the florida bay area made sure he put me on the fish throughout the day
(if only I could catch them)
A great day out in beautiful surroundings and baz will be my first choice on my next visit to the keys

Visited April 2014