“Excellent Dive Operation !” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Scuba diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba diving and snorkel charters, scuba courses and equipment rental, air and nitrox fills
Troy, Ohio, United States
“Excellent Dive Operation !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I dove with Florida Keys Dive Center for three days in August 2013. I had a fantastic experience with them. They are a Passionate and Safe Dive Operation that can easily work with all levels of dive experience. Plus they really know the reef system for maximum fun! Thank You to Micheal , Rob . Yvonne , Zach , Captain Tom , Captain Brett , and Captain Carsten for a Fantastic experience. I will see you again in the future for sure!

Scubapenny

Troy, Ohio

Visited August 2013

7 attraction reviews
“Snorkel trip to Davis Reef and Conch Reef”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went out for a two stop snorkel trip at the end of June. Each stop was about an hour in the water. The trip was just ok overall. I have never snorkeled in the keys before this trip and was looking forward to it. I had high expectations from others giving Largo rave reviews. There were only 13 or 14 people on the boat which was nice. The boat size was perfect for this many people. The majority of people were scuba divers. The water was a little rough with some 2 foot swells. The captain stopped at one place (not sure where) and determined the conditions were not good and he moved to Davis reef as an alternative. The captain informed the divers of the location of the ledge at this spot. They all were allowed to get in first and then the snorkelers. The visibility was rather limited at maybe 15 feet.We were able to see schools of blue tang, and other fish. A few rays swam near as well. The waves were a little annoying and just not great. This is probably a better dive spot than it is for snorkeling. Storms the day before probably did not help the clarity. After 50 minutes or so the divers came up and we departed for the next stop. We then went to conch reef which was right nearby the first spot. Visibility was the same. Divers coming up said they saw nurse sharks and eels. Again, this might be better for divers. They seemed to enjoy this trip more than the few snorkeling. The captain and his crew were friendly. The boat was clean. No snacks or beverages other than a big cooler full of water. Price was reasonable. I have had way better snorkel trips in Aruba, Curacao, Cozumel, Hawaii and the Cayman's. This disappointed me due to poor conditions.

Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I came for the wrecks....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

FLAKEYS is a premier dive shop, providing quality service to my dive club (Atlantic Rangers from PA) on our third Wreck Trek last week. Fantastic dives on some of Florida's world class wrecks including the eagle, the thunderbolt, the bush and the vandenburg. The weather did not cooperate entirely but Cap'n Carson and mate Zach took care of us in and out of the water as we dove wrecks from Key Largo to Key West. Thanks to Yvonne in the shop who handled our reservations everything went without a hitch. We had so much fun we decided to add a day and did a double dip on the spiegel grove. Would definitely recommend this operator...they consistently provide a great dive experience.

Visited July 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Diving with the Key's Dive Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Staff & boating experience was better than ever. We as a dive club (Sarasota Scuba Club) have dove other places but always come here for the excellent diving experience we can always count on

Visited May 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Excellent time! Great experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I did a refresher course and booked an additional dive trip through the Florida Keys Dive Center. They were very professional, knowledgeable, and we had an awesome time. We will definitely go back to them next time we are in Tavernier!

Visited June 2013