“Great food, great service, Poor location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tasters Taco Emporium

Tasters Taco Emporium
91252 Overseas Hwy, Tavernier, Key Largo, FL 33070 (Formerly Tasters Grille & Market)
+1 305-853-1177
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 16 restaurants in Tavernier
Cuisines: Mexican, Fast Food
Rye, New Hampshire
“Great food, great service, Poor location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

After reading previous reviews, this was a top choice for our visit to the Keys. We were not disappointed with the food and service. However, I agree that the location has issues. The patio in back is nice, with a view of a lagoon and tarpon swimming just under the deck. However there is no direct access, into the restaurant, for the bathroom. It wasn't a big deal, just awkward. With such great creative food, they deserve a better location!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Amherst
“Very good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We ate there on March 25th. Very good food. Forced inside by inclement weather. Patio was pleasant. Enjoyed the food very much even though it was pricey. Very pleasant server. It's in a plaza next to the post office and a pizza shop. A bit difficult to find. Bayside of US1.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlantic Beach, Florida, United States
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Everything was wonderful from the salad to the house favorite to the nightly special. Our waitress and the rest of the staff were very attentive. It was a wonderful dinner!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Annapolis, Maryland
“I was disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The food was hardly okay. The atmosphere was lacking - tables packed close together, harsh lighting made it hard to read the specials listed on a chalk board, access to outdoor dining was by walking around the building - I thought of a cheap, barebones bar. The service was excellent, very attentive, and we never had to try to find the waitress to ask for something because she was always nearby.

The food all started with a dish of what the waitress called southern caviar, a mix of cheeses and some binder (mayo?) that reminded me of something bad from my childhood - not Cheese Whiz, but something of equal desirability. The scallops my friend had we're good, but unexceptional. The burger I had was okay, though I was surprised that I couldn't even taste the manchego cheese, but the fries were thoroughly disgusting - over cooked waffle fries with almost no potato flavor left. The bread pudding seemed to be made from wonder bread or some other fluffy, puffy stuff (actually, I thought "angel food cake?" before I tasted it), and there was little flavor other than sugar and the crumpled candy bar that was sprinkled over it.

I expected more from a restaurant that had a $250 bottle on the wine list.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Charlottesville, Virginia
“A great closure to our vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place to stop on our last day and found Taster's grille on Tripadvisor. Though its location on the shopping plaza did not seem promising, the restaurant was a pleasant surprise. Romantic waterfront backyard with live music and burning torches added to the festive atmosphere. The gigantic fish swimming underneath the dock were a great finishing touch.
We ordered scallops, conch chowder, Mexican ceviche and a burger. We hardly expected the burger to be surprising, but even here the chefs performed exceptionally. The scallops were my favorite, however: large, juicy, perfectly cooked.

Would definitely recommend.