“Professional and resourceful” 5 of 5 stars

+1 305-451-3020
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Operating since 1978, CAPTAIN SLATE'S SCUBA ADVENTURES is the premier dive, snorkel, and glass bottom boat operator. Located in Tavernier, we take groups to dive or snorkel at the best sites off of the Florida Keys. With three boats , your voyage experience is kept personable, relaxed, and exclusive. Don't forget - a visit to the Keys is not complete without the world famous Creature Feature! Our highly qualified staff offers PADI, NAUI, SDI, TDI, SEI, IANTD, DAN certifications and more, so start or continue your dive education here! What are you waiting for? Book your diving adventure!
Miami, Florida
14 attraction reviews
“Professional and resourceful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I went on diving the Spiegel Grove with Captain Slate's boat crew - Captain Bob and Dive Master Z last Sunday. They were very professional, responsible and dedicated to safely provide us with the best diving experience. Up to that moment it was what we expected.
When we started preparing for the first dive, I discovered that my Nitrox tank was seriously leaking. Dive Master Z helped me to deal with the problem, however ultimately we decided that tank was not going to work. I decided to use my second tank for the first dive. That one was also BROKEN! What an unhappy coincidence! I was very unhappy, but calm, about this situation. I was practically suddenly reduced from a hero vacationer about to be diving on one of the biggest artificial reefs in the world and was suddenly reduced to the role of a bobber.
But then Captain Bob and Z stepped into the plate. They said 'don't worry' we have a spare air tank. SO I DOVE! And it was great and marvelous.
After the first dive I was simply done, as I didn't have another tank. I undressed from my wetsuit and put on my dry clothes. That's when Captain Bob and Z surprised me again, telling me I was going diving again. They had another spare air tank for me. It resulted they talked to the surrounding boats and negotiated borrowing their spare tank for me. I couldn't be happier. They were so kind and resourceful. If you plan to go diving, go with Captain Slate's Atlantis crew. They are pros!

Thank you Z and Captain Bob. You were awesome.

Visited October 2013

miami
5 attraction reviews
“Capt Slate & Crew are excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I think whoever writes unfavorable reviews about Capt Slate and his crew are internet trolls.
I dove with them today on their Creature Feature and it was awesome, as usual. I've been diving with Capt Slate for 20 years and it gets better every time. No complaints except to the morons who caught the nurse sharks that used to come to the Creature Feature. Capt. Slate has joice words for them. All you 'professionals' out there who complain about every dive every where you go.....get a life. I'd give Atlantis a 5 if the nurse sharks were there but that's not their fault.

Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My fiancé and I took a trip down to the Keys about a week or so ago. We were a little bummed about the Keys not having "beaches" so we decided to enjoy the ocean in my favorite way. My fiancé had previously done two DSDs while on other vacations and wanted to get certified for open water diving as I have been for years. We walked into the dive shop one morning asking about how to get him certified in a very short amount of time (as we live in Colorado) and the team at the dive center rearranged schedules and were able to completely accommodate his certification. They were professional, courteous, and genuinely nice people. We had a blast getting to know many of them and highly recommend them to new and seasoned divers alike. This shop hosts a group of great people and we really appreciated everything they did for us.

Visited August 2013
“University of Tennessee scuba loves this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

4 amazing days of diving: 1 deep dive on the Spiegel Grove, 1 night dive on the City of Washington, and 3 days of reef diving. Capt Wes was amazing and very personable. The crew Brad, Bre, and Wayne were super helpful around the boat. Capt Slate drove our night dive and was a load of fun, as always. Thanks again for a great trip see you guys in March.

Orlando, Florida
“This is a good group of people.. worth the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We did the snorkeling trip yesterday.. and we had a great time.. the captain did a great job, and the 1st mate was nice and helpful.. when we were on the reef snorkeling they were both on the lookout and kept a close eye on everyone, ready to jump in to help kids if needed.. this was the best part of our trip