“Creature Feature and Dive Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 18 Activities in Tavernier
Type: Specialty Shops, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Operating since 1978, CAPTAIN SLATE'S SCUBA ADVENTURES is the premier dive, snorkel, and glass bottom boat operator. Located in Tavernier, we take groups to dive or snorkel at the best sites off of the Florida Keys. With three boats , your voyage experience is kept personable, relaxed, and exclusive. Don't forget - a visit to the Keys is not complete without the world famous Creature Feature! Our highly qualified staff offers PADI, NAUI, SDI, TDI, SEI, IANTD, DAN certifications and more, so start or continue your dive education here! What are you waiting for? Book your diving adventure!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Delray Beach, Florida
“Creature Feature and Dive Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I traveled down to key largo looking for a new and different dive experience and did I find it ! I started off my morning at Captain Slate's were I was greeted by Jenn and Will. Immediately I felt comfortable with their friendly, personable attitudes and they set me up with everything I needed. Then with the help of the great Captain Wes I was off on my adventure. The next thing I know I am surrounded by Nurse Sharks, Eels and Giant Goliath Groupers !!! Expert Annette, was doing the feeding and she handled it like a pro. I was amazed at how she would interact with them and play with them as though they were her friends. A truly memorable experience thanks to all of you Will, Capt. Wes, Adam, Jenn and Annette you all are the BEST. See you soon.

Pensacola Beach, Florida
“very cool dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

We went on the creature feature dive. It was a great experience. My wife and I are new to diving and everyone was very helpful. William was our dive master and Elmo was our captain. They did a great job. As few dives as I have in my dive log, I know there is no way I could have been that close to sharks and Morays if I didn't have confidence in the crew. I'll dive with them the next time I'm in the keys.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Captain Slate's provided a great diving experience in Key Largo. The crew was knowledgeable and friendly, and brought my group and myself out to dive over some incredible sites!

Visited March 2011
“The best dive trip so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

Adam and the guys were awesome. This was my first dive and the crew was great! They had great confidence in me and helped me all the way through. I was also certified at this dive shop and the one on one interaction was fantastic. They did a lot of hands on learning which I really like. Also by the end of the week I was telling my dad, diver of over 25 years, what to do and not to do while diving. Lastly there are many different dives you can go on and you won't be disappointed.

Tallahassee, Florida
“Provided an awesome and enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

The staff at Captain Slate's dive shop were awesome. Very personable, upbeat, and helpful. They made my dive experience much more enjoyable. The crew also had a great knowledge on the different reefs and ship wrecks of the island. Based on the weather and ocean conditions they always set us up to have the most positive experience possible.