My family and I were looking for a last minute trip to the Keys to spend a couple of days just relaxing and fishing. We did not want to stay at one of the larger hotels and wanted something small and quite and the Atlantic Bay Resort was perfect. It is located in upper keys so it is very easy to get to. The hotel is very small with a few cottages that are right on the water(bayside). We stayed in the Royal Caribbean which is a 2 bedroom 1 bath cottage with a living area and is on the beach/water. The rooms were very clean and the living area spacious. The man made beach was very clean and was raked everyday so it was clean with no seaweed that sometimes collects down in the Keys. The beach has a nice dock and small boat ramp that was perfect for our needs. My sister in law came down for a night and stayed in one of regular rooms and that room was also very nice. Again, if you are looking for a large hotel with all the fancy amenities this is not the place. If want a quite getaway, away from the crowds then the Atlantic Bay Resort is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantic Bay Resort is nestled in Tavernier, the loveliest part of Key Largo and the diving capital of the world. We are conveniently located 1-1/2 hours south of Miami, and 2 hours north of Key West, the southernmost tip of the continental USA. The little jewel we call Atlantic Bay is a small resort that faces the Gulf of Mexico's Florida Bay. It is located on three tropical landscaped acres with 500 feet of waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Atlantic Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Bay Hotel Tavernier
- Hotel Atlantic Bay
- Atlantic Bay Resort Key Largo/Tavernier