“What the keys are all about” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Bay Resort

Save Saved
You added Atlantic Bay Resort to your Saves list
Atlantic Bay Resort
160 Sterling Road, Tavernier, Key Largo, FL 33070 (Formerly Bay Breeze Motel Resort)   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Tavernier
Wellington, Florida
“What the keys are all about”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our first time at the resort and we hope to return for many more! For us its all about a relaxing laid back atmosphere and this certainly fits the bill. Sand, palm trees and comfy chairs overlooking the water made for relaxation at all times. The room was very clean, the a/c ice cold, the bed comfy and all who worked there very friendly. There was a ramp for our wave runner and a dock to tie up to. Beautiful sunsets topped it all off. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The regular hotel rooms have a separate sitting area and kitchen and are more like a suite
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is my second time this summer staying here! Loved it just as much the second time! Great dockage for boaters. Enjoyed the paddle boarding and kayaking. All with no extra fees! Ended each day with a beautiful sunset! This is a Keys resort so your not getting luxury! Just natural beauty!

• Stayed August 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This little slice of heaven was the perfect stay in the keys. Free kayak rentals and very cute beach and picnic area. Nice pool with a view of the water.
Our room was clean and the staff was so friendly. Perfect distance between Key Largo and Islamorada. Plenty to see and do within a short driving distance.
We will definitely be back.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had just flown in from Cuba so this was a really, really nice treat to be at Atlantic Bay Resort. But to be honest we could have flown in from anywhere it would still have been a treat. It really is a fantastic place...! We stayed in one of the little villas right down the front, by the water, its very peaceful, beautiful views and relaxing. The villas have all been recently updated so are in tip top condition. Goes without saying you are near to fantastic SCUBA as well. Would go on my top 5 list of places in the world to back to your sure.....! Oh, the sunsets are the best in the world!!!!

No restaurants on site, but great cooking facilities in all villas i assume (ours did), supermarket just down the road and some good restaurants near by (especially Cafe Mocca just over the road).

Room Tip: They have a couple of suits that we tried to book, but with a hiccup we ended in in Villa No.1 one...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent two nights at the resort. This was my first time staying in a smaller resort, I usually stay at the Marriott so I was a bit nervous. The property is immaculate and did not disappoint me in the least. It was perfect!! Our room was spacious, newly furnished and had all the conveniences you could ask for when traveling with children. (A full size kitchen aide fridge!!!) The seating area in front of the room was a perfect place to unwind. My boys enjoyed the pool, the beach and the kayaks. On our second day, we met Ted. He was so friendly and approachable. He was cordial with all of the guest and made sure we had everything we needed. Very hands on. This hotel is a hidden Gem. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently stayed at Atlantic Bay for a quick weekend getaway. The property is maintained very nicely, and our room appeared to be recently renovated. It is very comfortable and clean. Free use of kayaks is a nice feature. There's a small sandy beach to access the water for swimming and snorkeling. We did not snorkel, so I cannot attest to the quality of what lies beneath. The view of the Gulf was sufficient....absolutely beautiful and calming. We will return!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jensen Beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spent 3 nights here in May for our anniversary. I very carefully looked at all of the different rooms that they have to determine what room would suit us best. I decided that The Tropical Suite was the perfect little room. I booked it 3 months prior to the trip to ensure that I would get that room. We arrived at the resort at 11am. The woman working at the front desk was not the friendliest person. She said that check in is at 3pm. I asked if she would call us if our room was ready before then and she just repeated to me "check in is at 3pm." It was quite rude and I thought it was strange that she wouldn't even say that she would try to call if it was ready. When she did call me at 3pm to let us know our room was ready, she walked us over to a different room than we reserved. It was an inferior room and I had already paid so i was not excited about this. I refused to stay in the inferior rom and she kind of grunted at me as we walked bad t the office. THANK GOODNESS that the owner was there!! He was a super nice guy and intervened immediately as he could tell that I was not happy. He upgraded us to a much nicer room and apologized that the room I had reserved had been double booked. The room we ended up staying in was The Caribbean Beach Suite. It was GORGEOUS! We had the most amazing view and the room was clean and had all of the amenities that we needed for a great long weekend. The kitchen was updated, the bedding was comfortable, the furniture was new and lovely. The resort is small so we spent long lazy afternoons by the pool and there was almost none there except for us. It is a great resort to spend a romantic getaway. There were no children to be seen so it was nice and quiet. The sunsets from the sandy pier were breathtaking. There were kayaks and a paddle board that we could use for free. The location is not ideal but you are only 10 minutes to the center of Islamorada. There were taxis that drove us to dinner if we wanted to have a few cocktails. Chad's deli is walking distance form the resort and they were great! They have breakfast, lunch and dinner. We ordered sandwiches to eat by the pool and had pizza on the porch one night when we couldn't pull our lazy bums away from this beautiful resort. With that view and a perfectly appointed patio, there was really nowhere else we wanted to be. I would recommend this resort to anyone. Other than the hiccup upon check-in (which they made up for tenfold), I would say that this place is ideal.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Atlantic Bay Resort? Share your experiences!