“Best Little Getaway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Bay Resort

You added Atlantic Bay Resort to your Saves list
Atlantic Bay Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 Sterling Road, Tavernier, Key Largo, FL 33070 (Formerly Bay Breeze Motel Resort)   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tavernier
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kaukauna, Wisconsin
“Best Little Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We upgraded and stayed in the hut and it was well worth the extra money. Perfect bay view and awesome sunset. Quiet place to stay and the pool was nice. There is a male peacock that comes on the porch and looks in through the glass doors. It was so neat to see him and you could walk by him if you just take your time. The hosts of the resort are kind and will take care of you. They were remodeling the other huts while we were their so they are working on make the place great. This isn't a five star place but I personally don't a 5 star otherwise I would have stayed at one. If we ever go back to the keys we will be booking our stay with Atlantic Bay Resort.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We chose the resort from the photos, and it far exceeded our expectations! The staff is amazing!! Kelly went above and beyond to make our stay awesome! She was incredibly helpful and assisted me with surprising my girlfriend for her birthday! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Granbury, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My parents and I stayed here one night while looking throughout the keys for a place for me to get married and let me tell you, this was the perfect place.

We had already been to quite a few places before this, but nothing was what I was looking for. I wanted something small (no more than 20 rooms, since I wanted to rent out the whole resort for a weekend), quiet, a pool, and a beach area. This had everything!!!

When we first arrived we were greeted by the manager, Kelly, who was extremely helpful. She showed us a cottage, efficiency, and beach suites. They all had a kitchen, pull out couch, and king bed. All were very well kept and the grounds were incredibly clean. On top of that, we were told that all the rooms were being redone to look more modern (something you don't find easily in the keys).

After a beautiful and relaxing stay, without a doubt we decided this would be the place. We met with Kelly in the morning, who went through some pictures she had from previous weddings so I could get an idea of how to do things, and started working right away with us by giving us some wedding vendor contacts! She was able to give us an incredible rate for my wedding weekend next year and we signed the contract that day. We ended up renting the entire resort for the weekend, so I can not wait to have this place all to our friends and family! She also was able to extend our discount for groups who choose to prolong or extend their trip!

In all, this place is just absolutely beautiful, provides excellent customer service, and is just so cozy! I can't wait to get married here!

Room Tip: Cottage 1 has a great view for an excellent value!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hollywood, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed at this resort for 2 nights and had a very nice stay. We had a 2 bedroom cottage right on the water.. with an awesome deck to sit out on and watch the sunsets or have meals on. The property was clean and well maintained. The new owners are updating and renovating so it was kind of noisy on Saturday with the saws and hammering going on but that is temporary and will be well worth it in time. Anytime we ask the staff for anything at all they were very accommodating and responded right away.

We will Definitely stay here again if they don't overprice their rooms with the new renovations.

Room Tip: Rooms right on the beach front. the one bedroom and the two bedrooms are the best..
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

What a wonderful place to stay! The staff was amazing and very friendly! Most importantly everything was so neat and clean! Can't wait to visit again! Thank you Kelly for taking great care of our family!!!

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed in an efficiencie for a wedding over the weekend and I have to stay this is a hidden gem. I dont even want to tell my friends and family about this beautiful resort. The pool, dock, and little cabins that are tucked away by the pool or overlooking the bay are what make this place so special. Kelly was the most friendliest host I have came across in a very long time. She really went out of her way to ensure we had everything we needed while we were there. The owner is lucky to have such an amazing front desk person. I own a hotel in Miami and I would steal her away in a heartbeat if she moved to Miami and needed a job. The sunsets are the most spectacular and a great way to end a long day after boating. We had a bottle of wine and enjoyed the nice breeze as the sun set under the tiki. The only thing I would suggest is putting hammocks up and putting tissues in the rooms. I would also like to add they are in the process of renovating this hotel and from what I can see Atlantic Bay is going to be the place to stay if you are planning a trip to Tavernier or Key Largo. Keep up the great work and I am sure your resort will go far.

Room Tip: Stay in Cottage 1 or 2. They are the first 2 tha t are being renovated.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kelly S, Manager at Atlantic Bay Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Next time you visit Tavernier you should stay in one of the cottages. They are going to be updated to the fullest and we know how suprised all of our repeat guests are going to react when they see what we have done to the cottages. In my 10 years of customer service I have learned to treat each and every guest with a proffesional attitude because we want your business and I am the first person you come in contact with when staying at a resort. A smile is worth a thousand words. I have tissues and hammocks on the list of things that need to be added to the rooms and beach area. A bottle of wine and a sunset at Atlantic Bay will take your breath away and allow you to have a wonderful rest to power up for the next day of adventures you have planned during your stay with us. We hope you come back and see us again. It was a pleasure having you stay with us.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Great hide away, quiet, peaceful with great sunsets! The staff is terrific and beyond accommodating. We are repeat customers and Atlantic Bay has quickly become our favorite spot in the keys :)

AH
Miami, FL

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Atlantic Bay Resort? Share your experiences!