“Great place as always” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantic Bay Resort

Save Saved
You added Atlantic Bay Resort to your Saves list
Atlantic Bay Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   160 Sterling Road, Tavernier, Key Largo, FL 33070 (Formerly Bay Breeze Motel Resort)   |
Ranked #2 of 4 hotels in Tavernier
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great place as always”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just returned from another visit to the Atlantic Bay Resort.
I have stayed 2 times previous and this one was the best.
The manager Kelly, JR and all staff went above and beyond
to make my stay as comfortable as possible. They were very
flexible and accommodating to all my needs. I am a diver and
my trips are not set in stone. Kelly worked with me and it was
perfect. I travel in off peak times so I can have the ability to
stay or move on if the weather isn't cooperating. This is a very
important factor in deciding where to stay.

I give the rating of very good only because the property is
older now and in need of some updating. From what I learned
the new owner has plans for renovation. I hope so as this is a
very beautiful and peaceful location. The sunsets are fantastic
and the water very tranquil.

I did get a little mud splashed up on my car from the road
work on A1 and a few small holes in the driveway and JR
took the time to clean it off. That man will go the extra mile
for a customer. You don't find that much these days.

All in, the room was clean and bed was comfortable. I would
recommend the Atlantic Bay Resort. I will return and hope to
find the same wonderful staff and top notch service.

Thanks for one of my best stays in the Keys!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This is my first contribution to Trip Advisor. I am compelled to refute the scurrilous and untruthful reviews posted by other vacationers after the Labor Day holiday. The property is lovely though the accommodations need upgrading which the new owner is doing without cutting corners. The new management team has a superb attitude and understanding of the value of customer service. They are polite, considerate and responsive guest requests and inquiries.

The vacationer who was asked to vacate upon checking out had been intoxicated, confrontational, played loud music past 12:00AM and disregarded other guests requests for quiet. He was abusive and out of control most likely due to the volume of alcohol consumed by him and his friends,as the empties filled a 30 gallon trash barrel.

He met requests to be quieter with profanity and increasing the volume of the rock music and screaming at the top of his lungs. In the morning he continued his screaming by yelling continuously at his children. All of this occurred in the "common area of the beach" which the rest of us had to abandon to have peace and quiet. Staying in one's hotel room in the Keys is not the option that most visitors would choose. Had I not been assured that unruly and profane guests would be dealt with appropriately I would have cancelled my future reservations. The guest and his friends would have been arrested if they had been at a corporate hotel or one with on site management or security. A corporate hotel and most others deactivate your "key card" and deny access to your room and hotel facilities after check out. A late check out involves a fee. Why would an experienced traveler not understand that?

I am a third generation Miami native and have been coming to the Keys for 60 years. We left our last "favorite place" after three years when no one on site had the authority to deal with the same type of guests. I am hoping that new ownership and management will provide the vacation sanctuary that we seek. We have been staying at small properties in the Keys and move on only when the quality of the property or management declines. We stay approximately 40 nights over the course of a year and look forward to our future visits.

Room Tip: Every room will be renovated.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have being vacationing at this resort for years, new management has taken over with a new office staff and it's just not the same anymore, I was impressed with a few upgrades to the rooms but I do have to say that the new office staff had me concerned as how they were treating the paying guests, when you check out of your room you are also to check off the property as well, this in the past years has NEVER been a problem with the retired managment the guests always used the outdoor facilities to still enjoy the Atlantic Bay Resort attractions. We will miss this resort but we will be moving on to fine new accommodations and Management that will give us better treatment, it is a shame they will be losing alot of good paying clients. Good luck!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kelly S, Manager at Atlantic Bay Resort, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for noticing some of the upgrades that were added to the Tropical Efficiencies. The staff worked very hard to make sure that the guests had everything they needed to enjoy Labor Day weekend. Upon checking in you mentioned that you were a property manager and was very understanding about the new simple rules that Atlantic Bay has set in place for the guests. When a resort has been in bankruptcy for the last 2 years rules and regulations fall off track and being a property manager I am sure that you understand that. I did not ask that you vacate the property at check out. I understand that you were here for a guests birthday party for the weekend but bad behavior cannot be tolerated under any circumstance. We do value your business and hope that you will come back and see us again on your next venture to the Keys.
Port Charlotte, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

So in the keys on labor day weekend. No vacancy signs everywhere. Drive by the sign and made a u-turn. The manager at the front desk Kelly was wonderful. She saved the day. Gave me a room they had saved up. The price was half of anything that was available. To my surprise the rooms were like a little studio apartment. Full size fridge ,stove, dishes. The pool view of the ocean was awesome. Little tiki huts to sit in the shade and even outdoor grills . Highly recommend this resort , so stop in and see Kelly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Liberty, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We checked in late but Kelly [--] took care of everything. She really went out of her way to make our short vacation special. The beach was beautiful, the location was exceptional. We hope to return soon - it is a hidden gem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly S, Manager at Atlantic Bay Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for visiting us at Atlantic Bay Resort.. We value your business and hope you return for years to come...
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was thinking of what to get my girlfriend for her birthday. It was Thursday, her birthday on Saturday.
I remembered a friends recommendation of a place in the Keys (Atlantic Bay Resort). I called and spoke to Kelly. I told her I was looking to come down for the weekend to celebrate the birthday. She took care of the rest.
We showed up early Friday evening. Our cottage was fantastic - overlooking the bay. Kelly had the place looking great with a bottle of wine, some roses, then some flowers and the towels in a fancy heart shape.
We dropped the boat down the ramp - a few yards from our cottage . Parked the trailer - 50 yards away. And the rest is history. Sunsets, relaxation, etc...
Fantastic place, fantastic service, fantastic weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Homewood, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I came down with my 13 year old son for a few days to snorkle and relax. We could not have been happier with the accommodations. The room was clean, there was a beautiful patio to eat our meals on, there was a kitchenette area so we didn't have to eat every meal in a restaurant. The private beach was gorgeous and we could snorkle right there -- there was tons to see! The staff could not have been more awesome -- attentive, responsive and fun to talk to. I would recommend this to anyone. And we will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Atlantic Bay Resort? Share your experiences!