This is my first contribution to Trip Advisor. I am compelled to refute the scurrilous and untruthful reviews posted by other vacationers after the Labor Day holiday. The property is lovely though the accommodations need upgrading which the new owner is doing without cutting corners. The new management team has a superb attitude and understanding of the value of customer service. They are polite, considerate and responsive guest requests and inquiries.
The vacationer who was asked to vacate upon checking out had been intoxicated, confrontational, played loud music past 12:00AM and disregarded other guests requests for quiet. He was abusive and out of control most likely due to the volume of alcohol consumed by him and his friends,as the empties filled a 30 gallon trash barrel.
He met requests to be quieter with profanity and increasing the volume of the rock music and screaming at the top of his lungs. In the morning he continued his screaming by yelling continuously at his children. All of this occurred in the "common area of the beach" which the rest of us had to abandon to have peace and quiet. Staying in one's hotel room in the Keys is not the option that most visitors would choose. Had I not been assured that unruly and profane guests would be dealt with appropriately I would have cancelled my future reservations. The guest and his friends would have been arrested if they had been at a corporate hotel or one with on site management or security. A corporate hotel and most others deactivate your "key card" and deny access to your room and hotel facilities after check out. A late check out involves a fee. Why would an experienced traveler not understand that?
I am a third generation Miami native and have been coming to the Keys for 60 years. We left our last "favorite place" after three years when no one on site had the authority to deal with the same type of guests. I am hoping that new ownership and management will provide the vacation sanctuary that we seek. We have been staying at small properties in the Keys and move on only when the quality of the property or management declines. We stay approximately 40 nights over the course of a year and look forward to our future visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantic Bay Resort is nestled in Tavernier, the loveliest part of Key Largo and the diving capital of the world. We are conveniently located 1-1/2 hours south of Miami, and 2 hours north of Key West, the southernmost tip of the continental USA. The little jewel we call Atlantic Bay is a small resort that faces the Gulf of Mexico's Florida Bay. It is located on three tropical landscaped acres with 500 feet of waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Atlantic Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Bay Hotel Tavernier
- Hotel Atlantic Bay
- Atlantic Bay Resort Key Largo/Tavernier