“Best Thai restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Mount Dora, Florida
“Best Thai restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Thai Jasmine has the best sushi and Thai food I ever had, we eat here at least twice a week. Pad Thai is delicious! Staff is very friendly and accommodating.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mount Dora, Florida
“Best Food Around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Thai Jasmine may not look like much from the outside, but the food and staff are amazing! My family and I come at least once a week and always have a great experience. The flavors, variety, and presentation of the food and sushi are exceptional and the food is delicious. Also, the prices are great it is such a value. The sushi chef, waitresses, owners, and every member of the staff is so nice and helpful, and the food is literally the best Thai around not to mention just the best food in town. Thai Jasmine is the best around and is definitely not to be missed!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Central Florida, Florida
“Snake Bite”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I remember when I was 17, a Biology teacher challenged me to pick up a rat snake out of the cage in front of the Class. I slowly reached in and the snake bit me yet, trying a different approach, I tried again and, of course, it bit me again. Same o-same o- here. The "Thai Jasmine & Sushi House" just doesn't seem to get any better. In lieu of Odum Thai in Mount Dora not being opened on a Monday night, we thought, what the hay, 'give it another try'. My wife ordered the Pad Thai while I ordered the 14 pc. Sashimi Dinner. The Miso Soup was extra cost (normally included at other venues). It took almost 55 minutes to prepare/serve our dinners and the restaurant only had 4 tables occupied (10 people total in attendance). My wife, the Kindest Person in the World, rated the Pad Thai "just okay" and I have to say, the Sashimi Dinner was the poorest presentation EVER experienced, having eaten Sushi for exactly 30 years. The seafood was served in chunks thrown on 2 Romaine Lettuce leaf's... in a Bowl. That's it. Normally, it would be a beautiful presentation, a Chef's proud 'work of art' with delicately sliced pieces placed in an attractive array, all at the same exact price served here! Total tab with 2 brewskies $35.20.
I might have been stupid enough to enter the cage a 2nd time 50 years ago- but, never again here.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Altoona, Florida, United States
“It was OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have been into sushi lately. We heard good things about this place so we went by to try it. The food was good compared with other local sushi shops. But I can go to other places and get a better value and a much better atmosphere. The employees were dressed like they just walked off the street. Maybe worse.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Central Florida, Florida
“Same-o, Same-o”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was going to write, what I thought was, a new review on this restaurant when the TripAdvisor site automatically notified me I had Already Done So...... several years ago! Nothing's changed. When you drive up to this restaurant you quickly see, it's in an old run-down strip center and there's very little fresh or NEW to make you want to rush in the door. It looks dirty and old, because.......
Due to the lack of great restaurants in Lake Co., we have continued to 'throw the dice' and eat here about 3-4 times a year but, apparently upon research - nothings any different- it's still High Risk! I got worried after the last time (Feb.) and checked with Lake Co.FL. Health Dept. Rest.Inspection Records and saw 22 total violations, during the last inspection of March 2013. So, there's no possible chance of inaccurate reporting: their business lic. # is 4502067 in Tavares. 5 violations of the 22 were 'High Priority', while 8 were 'Intermediate Violations'. These are mostly over cleanliness: 'washed hands' and 'food contact points'. However, you'd think after all these years in business- they'd have it down-pat by now- that has me worried enough to write again and, most likely, not return.
Despite what 'glowing' reviews are written here, I still think Thai Jasmine is overpriced, and need to clean up their act. In closing would say; the service has always been exemplary! I hope my review, in some small way, is instrumental in making them just simply: Try Harder !

• Visited February 2013