“MMMM MMM Good” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“MMMM MMM Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Price...Great
Portions....Great
Service....Great
Vibes....Great
When you go to a restaurant that's been there for years AND has the same waitstaff you know your in a good place. You also will never leave hungry! ...........need I say more?

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Awesome Greek Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Located at 802 N Pinellas Avenue in Tarpon Springs, Mr. Souvlaki is one of my Husband's favorites when it comes to enjoying authentic Greek food. He especially loves the Greek sausage wrap and the Greek sausage dinner. Another favorite meal is the Pastitsio served with crisp salad and sprinkles of Feta cheese. Mmmmmm, so wonderfully tasty.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Not Like It Used To Be...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Having lived on the west coast of Florida for over 15 years, we have visited Mr Souvlaki's a number of times. Our first time ever eating Greek food was at this restaurant back in 2000 when it was located on the main strip (Dodecanese Blvd) in a small building. That wonderful experience got my family and I hooked on Greek food! When family or friends have come to visit and we would take them to the "sponge docks" for a dolphin boat ride and tourist-gift-shopping, Mr. Souvlaki's was always a must! So, when our family came to town this past week for my son's graduation, everyone wanted to do the Tarpon Springs trip! It has been a year or more that we last visited Tarpon...but the plan was the same - dolphin boat ride and Mr Souvlaki's!
After a great boat ride experience (see my review aboutthe Spongeorama Cruise) we drove around the corner to Mr Souvlaki's. Upon entering we found our arrival to be early enough for dinner that it wasn't too busy and they accommodated our group of 10 rather quickly. (Good so far! :) ) We were given our menus and a our waiter took our drink order. (Yay! We were thirsty!) Ice waters, a sweet tea, half-n-half tea, and a couple cokes - easy peasy. Well, not for our waiter. He brought out too many cokes, and not enough waters. Then he corrected the coke order but still shorted us a water....somehow. It took about 15 minutes to correct our drink order alone. Crazy. Then we all ordered our meals -- half of them being kids meals (chicken strips) because there were 5 kids. My mom, son and I ordered the Greek salads with potato salad...my hubby ordered a Gyro.....and my dad ordered the Greek Chow Mein. To make a very long story short, our meals were delivered in waves.....45 minutes from the first meal being delivered to the last meal. My husband had to wait 45 minutes after the first meal was delivered for a GYRO -- the restaurants main dish probably! He even had to ask the waiter to check on it for him twice. My dad received his Greek Chow Mein 30 minutes after our salads and kids meals were delivered. Now, I LOOOOOVE Greek salads and have ordered them at many Greek restaurants. The one I received from here was one of the worst-flavored salads I've eaten! The Hungry Greek in Wesley Chapel exceeds Mr Souvlaki's by far!
Needless to say, the food and service left much to be desired. To top it all off, we never did receive our bill but had to walk up to the counter and request it so we could check out.
Unfortunately, Mr. Souvlaki's, I am not impressed. You're just not what you used to be...

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Take out Gyro=Yes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

All I can say is I get take out from here pretty often. Solid Gyro and fries for sure. The rest of the food is good but I would not say the best in Tarpon. So much competition for greek food, the fact that I go back for the Gyro a lot is saying something, even if it is just the convenience.

Visited January 2014
Palm Harbor, FL
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Want the best Gyro you've ever eaten? How about Greek Chow Mein? The best Greek salad in town? Top-rate souvlaki? Excellent shrimp?

Mr. Souvlaki feels like a fast-food joint, and the service seldom takes more than a few minutes. But the food is fantastic.

Normally, if we are after fast food, we run up to the village, a mile and a half from home. But if we want fast Greek food, we are happy to drive 11 miles to Mr. Sue's. It is simply fabulous.

Located just off the main tourist drag of Tarpon Springs (Dodecanese Ave.) on Alt. 19, Mr. Souvlaki has its own parking, and you'll always be welcomed by one of the servers with a smile. Pick anything on the menu, including the stuffed grape leaves, and it will be as good as any in town.

This is one of our all-time favorites.

Visited April 2014