“Just what we wanted” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 115 Restaurants in Tarpon Springs
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Apopka, Florida
“Just what we wanted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stopped in for a quick lunch just before our cruise on Sun Lines and enjoyed yummy meals (especially the avgolemono soup), served quickly with friendly service.

Visited February 2013

Greene, Iowa
“Great Sandwich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We ordered sandwhiches here to take on a boat ride. we decided on the fresh grouper sandwhich and it was delicious. It was a very large pice of fish and it was wonderful It was so good that I opted to not eat the bun and the vegies with it, I just ate the fish.

Visited February 2013
Bozeman, Montana
“Best Gyro!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Platka has the best Gyro in the WORLD....enjoy with a cold beer and greek salad with potato salad. Can't be beat.

Visited January 2013
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Excellent Greek Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My mother and I took an out of town family member down to the Sponge Docks, and both of them chose Plaka after comparing its menu to various menus from nearby restaurants. Each of us had something different, and none of us left hungry or dissatisfied. The Greek salad - even without the potato salad - was huge and very tasty. The Gyro was overflowing with meat, and had just the right amount of onions, tomatoes and sauce. The Spanakopita appetizer was big enough for a small appetite at lunch, and was light and cheesy. This was our first visit, but won't be our last. Not only was the food special, but the wait staff was also solicitous and attentive. We enjoyed the casual ambiance, but it was the food that won us over.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
islamorada Fl
“GREEK Answer to McDonalds (what their sign proclaims)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Whenever I'm in Pinellas county, I love to go to Tarpon Springs! Plaka is by far my favorite! Their souvlaki-gyro combo is my favorite! GIANT sized & loaded. A meat lovers dream! The pita is absolutely loaded & the chunks of grilled pork (souvlaki) are so tender & delicious. The tzaziki is plentiful & delicious. Their Greek salad is by far my favorite beets & garbanzos included. So much more to their salad then a sprinkle of feta & placing a pepproncini on it & calling it "Greek".I salad can be shared by at least 4 people! It is accompanied w/ an amazing bread w/ anise seeds - made fresh right around the corner at the National Bakery. Other favorites include the Saganaki (flaming cheese) spread it on that wonderful bread & the grilled octopus! Octopus is to die for! Crispy on the edges & tender in the middle, delicious. Service is fast, friendly & efficient.If a delicious gyro & fabulous fresh Greek salad is what you're craving...this is the place. I have been enjoying Plaka since the early 80's. My visit last week was as delicious as my first!

• Visited January 2013