“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Tarpon Springs
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here Memorial Day weekend. It was a last minute stay. Easy to get to. Not far from beaches. When we arrived, they upgraded our room, however an oversight I am sure we went from a king bed to 2 double. It was a nice room, just would have preferred the king bed. The hotel had a nice breakfast. The only thing I would say is the pool and spa could use a little updating. However it was clean and spacious. Overall, I believe my husband and I will return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed 2 nights on a mini-vacation. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable. Our room was large with a king size bed, a chair with ottoman, a microwave and refrigerator. We also had a large balcony. The hotel offers a free hot breakfast and a heated pool. The hotel is a short drive to the sponge docks and other attractions. We definitely will stay here when we visit Tarpon Springs again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I found a truly fantastic rate from a third party site so that partially makes up for any gripes I may have had while staying there. If the rate wasn't so great, I would have probably checked in elsewhere after a couple of nights.

Starting out with the the negative, the place is old and continues to age. I have stayed here a couple of times within the past 2 years and it is dropping off. The walls are paper thin, the rooms are dated and the plumbing is questionable. I could hear the person in the next room taking a shower, flushing the toilet (which will clog very easily) any talking (even whispers) in the hallway. Add to that the slamming doors and you definitely need earplugs. You think they are slamming your door and it could be five doors down! I'm certain they could be adjusted to close more quietly but instead they all slam shut very loudly. One morning I could even hear them vacuuming the room upstairs. Granted, the noise was muffled but.......The AC unit let out a loud squeal every time it started, further necessitating the earplugs. I found a dead roach in my room near the door and saw some ants in the bathroom.

On the plus side, the staff was very helpful. Having stayed there for about a week, I got a chance to speak with at least 3 different people at the front desk and all were very polite and professional. There's not much they can do about the noisy plumbing or the paper thin walls so I didn't mention it.The bed was pretty good as were the pillows.The internet worked very well and the breakfast is definitely one of the nicer ones I've seen in hotels of this price range. The shower worked flawlessly with ample pressure and was very responsive to water temperature settings. Maintenance was called to unclog the toilet and he showed up within 10 minutes and was very helpful and polite. The flat screen TV worked just fine and there were quite a few channels available.They also have a water cooler with filtered water by the front desk. I filled up a one gallon bottle and had great-tasting water whenever I needed it without having to go out and buy/carry it. The location is very convenient to Tarpon Springs, Palm Harbor etc. Being right on Hwy 19 it provides easy access to all attractions in the area. A few rooms might experience a bit of noise being right on the highway but the vast majority will not as they are farther back. It was not a problem at all for me.

Overall, I will seek alternate accommodations in the future and will stay here only if absolutely necessary. Perhaps it is just me, but I think that I should not be disturbed by loud plumbing and slamming doors in 2014 no matter how many stars a hotel has. One would think we would no longer consider such things luxuries. I don't want fancy, just clean and quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Michael E, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Michael Espinosa
727-934-5781
Danville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My sister and I stayed 5d/4n. Front desk staff very friendly. Hot breakfast was unbelievable! Very nice pool and hot tub area with tropical flora surrounding. Beds and pillows were great! Carpet in hall leading to rooms a little worn but overall we would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We had pool view, second floor! Great location! Great views!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Michael Espinosa
727-934-5781
Merlischachen, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

clean rooms, a little bit outdated, some refurbishment would do good, nice pool, breakfast O.K.
Its worth the price you pay. A Lot of Parkingmeter space, Perfectly situated if you are travelling further North or South. Good to stay overnight, when your travel goes on the next day...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Panama City Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Wife and I traveling down west coast of Florida. Stopped in going and coming back so two different rooms. Hotel staff very good, rooms clean and updated, breakfast adequate, and great rates. This is as good as you find in motels.

Room Tip: Both rooms we had were great.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Murphysboro, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights and loved everything but the noisey window unit air conditioner. The pool area was beautiful and the lobby/breakfast area was also very nice. Breakfast was a full hot meal . Our room was clean and comfortable and extemely large. We especially enjoyed sitting on our deck after a day at the beach or the sponge docks. Would stay here again anytime!

Room Tip: The suites are more like apartments with separate living rooms and large bedrooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!