“Amenities Not As Stated” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Tarpon Springs
Ocala
“Amenities Not As Stated”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Wife and I stayed here this past weekend and were very happy with the stay except the amenities list does not apply to all rooms. When we checked in we found our king bed room did not contain a microwave or refrigerator. The amenities list specifically states all rooms have microwaves. Other that this inconvenience we were happy with the room except for the old style tube type tv that had to be turned off and on again after a couple hours of play time in order to get a good picture.
Special coo dos to the young lady at the front desk Saturday evening. She went out of her way to ensure we had a good stay.
Bottom line: Good Hotel, good price, good breakfast bar but ask about amenities when booking your room.

Room Tip: Be sure to check amenities of your room before booking.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Greensburg, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Excellent value. Bouganviias, birds cheerfully chirping, friendly staff. If you have disability, check room assignment in advance. Traffic noise could be an issue, but no problem, even though we had suite in front closest to hwy 19, would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2013
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The Tarpon Springs Quality Inn was such a pleasant surprise. It is much more upscale than you expect from a Quality Inn and the Joy and Stephanie at the reception desk were very pleasant, accomodating and helpful . The manager Mike Espanoza was very professional. They have a variety of room types including standard rooms, courtyard views and suites. We were delighted with our room with it's extremely comfortable bed. We had a small table and chairs outside our room in the courtyard looking at the pool and the beautiful tropical landscape including fabulous blooming bougainvillia. Breakfast buffet was in a nice setting with eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, yogurts, rolls, bread, juice and coffee. I highly recommend this hotel..

Room Tip: Poolside, courtyard rooms have lovely views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed in room 119, which had a little patio overlooking the pool, a very comfortable king-size bed, and a huge bathroom. The pool area was abloom with bougainvillea and other huge tropical plants and had a hot tub; the pool was clean and inviting, though it was a little chilly out for a swim. Unfortunately, we didn't have time to enjoy their full breakfast. A requested luggage cart made it to our room before we did -- we were grateful for the staff's quick response -- and the desk staff were welcoming and helpful. We loved Tarpon Springs for its fabulous Greek community and restaurants, and would stay at the Quality Inn & Suites again in a heartbeat. It helped that the tab came to only $69 before taxes.

Room Tip: Our room on the pool side, first floor, was terrific.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

While getting off 19 is a lil bit of a pain that is the only one. The rooms are clean an the beds comfortable. They have a good continental breakfast spread. For the price and nearness to the sponge docks I don't think it can be beat. This is an idea of how top knotch the service is. We thought we left our binder with tickets and other info in the room. Joy didn't mind going back to the room twice and made a thorough search of the room for us as we where at the airport. Turns out it was left in the rental car but you can imagine the panic. But she washer than helpful to a guy stressed and a wife losing it. Thanks again joy an next year we come back to tarpon springs we will be back.

• Stayed November 2012
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Let me start by saying that my stay was not a one night stay. I was there for 3 months on business. This place looks nice from the outside, and some rooms are nice. The hotel is old and in need of upgrading. The carpet in the rooms and hallways smell musty and you can see the dust left behind where the vacuum can't reach. One room I stayed in, the bathroom faucet handle came off in my hand when I turned on the water. Another room, the toilet ran non-stop. The internet hardly ever works, and when it does work, it's as slow as dial up. The managers response is that "it's just your computer". Of course, the manager is hardly ever there, so no complaints ever get resolved. When he is there, he's standing out front smoking. As for the staff, there is good and bad. There are two ladies that work the front desk, Donna and Joy, that are extremely nice and polite and seem to care about their customers/guests. Stephanie is another front desk worker that, in my opinion, should be fired. She is rude, demeaning, condescending, etc. If the manager was ever there, he would see this. Every time someone needs something from the front desk, she has to come in from smoking out front. This person is one of the main reasons I changed to a different hotel. I am actually considering contacting the owner this week to let him know what is going on here. I could go on and on about this but there is no point in that. I would highly suggest checking out the Hampton Inn just 2 blocks north of the Q.I.. Trust me, you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The hotel itself seems pretty clean, and breakfast is not bad.

What really made my night terrible was the bed bugs. When I woke up in the morning it was hitching everywhere! I don't know if this is an isolated issue or if it is generalized. The concierge seemed surprised when I told her... Anyhow, let me tell you that room 106 has bed bugs.

Just if that wasn't enough, I still paid 40$ for that night! And they wouldn't have insecticide for me to spray on my luggage either...

I was relying on the ranking of this hotel when I booked (#1 out of 5), but I hope some people will read this review before booking.

Other than that, location is ok, but keep in mind it is not walking distance from the attractions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!