“Disappointing use of time and money” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 20 Activities in Tarpon Springs
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
Buffalo, New York
“Disappointing use of time and money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The tour was very unprofessional. It was listed as a wine and chocolate pairing. The chocolate used for the pairing was boxed chocolate filled with different flavors (coconut and nugget) which defeated the wine tasting.

The grounds for the castle winery - although "historic" needed a facelift. Not a castle or a winery- The woman providing the pairing sat us at a table with plastic lawn chairs. Her talk gave a lot of incorrect information about wine making. I have worked in the brewing and wine industries for 25 years and know the processes extremely well. We were not provided separate wine glasses between wines- even during the change over from red to white. No palate cleanser was provided- unless you count the cheap coconut chocolate smh.

What was most distracting was the amount in personal information that was divulged during our session by the host. Very disruptive and irrelevant to the tour.

I definitely would not recommend this tour to anyone and would suggest Groupon withdraw their support.

FloridaSnowBird

Visited February 2014

Tampa, Florida
“Crappy Wine Crappy Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

They import their grapes, its a house not a real winery, cheap chocolates, I can get better quality wine at the grocery store, and she was quite mad when we didn't buy wine.

Visited September 2013
Trinity, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Didn't let us in - forgot the "password"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

A member of our party made a reservation for 4, for 5pm. We arrived at 5:02 and saw a note that said, "Ring the bell". An elderly lady came to the door and we had reservations for 5. So she asked what the password was, we all looked to the member who made the reservation and she said she didn't remember. Her husband said, "is it please?". The lady said, "no". We stood there waiting for her to say, "just kidding, come on in". But it never came.

So again we asked if we could come in and she said, "not if you don't remember the password. You are the first people to forget the password in 5 years" (really? I doubt that). Anyway, so we went on to explain that we are 2 couples on a very rare date night because we EACH have 3 children and we decided to come to the winery. (Which, by the way, could be the reason the member of our party for the password... 3 children underfoot and multitasking). She told us to come back the next day. We reiterated that we have 3 children EACH and that we were currently paying for a babysitter. She then suggested Sunday (superbowl). Clearly, she wasn't understanding us.

She then went inside and got the elderly gentleman to come out (shutting the door behind them each time). He said that they give everyone a password and write the phone number next to it. So we asked if we could tell him our phone number. THEN he said that everyone on his list was marked off already, so we couldn't possibly have a reservation. THEN he said they were 4 over all ready and would get in trouble with the fire marshall if they let us in.

He literally walked us to the curb and said, "sorry". We were left stunned.

We had a groupon that expired 2 days later so he told us he would still accept it for the next round of groupons and we had him sign it (in case he forgot, ya know). But I will not be going back there.

So in all, there were 3 different excuses:
1. Forgot password
2. All the reservations were "crossed off"
3. They were over fire code limit already

I don't understand why she went through the stupid password hoopla if all the reservations were "crossed off".
I think they overbooked and were mad that we were 3 min late.

They have officially lost our business... and we are telling EVERYONE we know about it.

Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Refuse paid voucher”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I bought a Groupon coupon which clearly states the paid value -which never expires- and the promotional value. After finding out I could not make it on any of their open business days, I asked for my paid value to go towards two bottles of wine. The owner refused stating, "it would be against the law since we signed a contract with Groupon." They refused to read the Groupon document stating that the paid value is good towards any purchase. I stood their crying as they offered me a single bottle of wine for $40 while telling me that was a good deal. WORST SERVICE EVER! I WILL NEVER GO BACK! Plus the place is disgusting.

Venice, Florida
22 attraction reviews
“Interesting Afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Joe & Diana are very nice hosts & are very knowledgeable about wine & wine making. Joe appears to love making wine & his stories were fascinating. To say this was your everyday winery would be incorrect. This place was different, but in a very nice way. To explain how it's different would be an injustice. You must see it for yourself. The wines we tasted were all very good or better & made without sulfites, sugar or water. Too bad all wines are not made this way. My favorite was the their red blend which they referred to as a party in a bottle. Not only do you have an opportunity to taste some wonderful wines, but you also learn about Joe's age old process for making wine. This was a very interesting afternoon.