“Excellent choice for our trip to Busch Gardens.” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   13941 Clubhouse Drive, Tampa, FL 33618   |
Ranked #1 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Naples, FL
“Excellent choice for our trip to Busch Gardens.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

The service at Emerald Greens is superb. Every staff member we encountered went out of their way to be of service and were very helpful. (Notable/very helpful staff member - Drew)

We stayed here 3 nights/4days. Family trip to Busch Gardens. The area around Busch Gardens is not too great. We wanted a "safer" area to stay in with our family. It only took us 10 minutes to get to Busch Gardens. Couldn't ask for more.

We reserved a 2 bedroom/2 bath condo/villa, each bedroom with a king size bed. Unit is tile and carpet throughout. Full size kitchen - stocked with cooking tools/pans, etc. Dishwasher, garbage disposal, thru the door water/ice, granite counter tops. Baths were good size, granite counter tops. Beds were the Nova Foam (I think that's the name), plenty of pillows, extra blanket/sheets. LCD television is each bedroom and living room. Dining area, couch (opens to a bed), chair, screened in lanai with table & chairs. Air conditioning system has ultraviolet light (helps kill impurities in air - helps a lot with allergy /asthma) - place was wonderful. Home away from home and very clean. Some units have a stackable washer and dryer. Ours said it did, but due to larger hot water heaters installed in some units, space didn't allow. They were kind enough to give us a key to use the washer and dryer in another unit.

Emerald Greens is tucked away off Dale Mabry. You are only a couple of minutes away from shopping and restaurants. Busch Gardens - 10 mins.

We loved everything. We felt very comfortable here, relaxed. The next time we are in Tampa, we will be staying here. I have nothing negative to say. I do have one suggestion: pay per view movies. We came back from the park each night about 7pm - it would have been nice if we could have ordered a good move that the whole family could watch. (There never seems to be anything good on tv!)

Great place!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

The room was very spacious, nice and modern. I would defintely stay here again. The pool was huge and very refreshing. The only complaint would be that the pool closed too early. The two teenager girls liked this place the best because they each had their own comfortable bed in the same room. It was a very good value. The beds were memory foam and very comfortable. The kitchen and bathrooms were very nice and I wish I had them at my house.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
brentpo, General Manager at Emerald Greens Condo Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
Thank you for your kind words about our property! We are very happy that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you here again in the future.

In regards to our swimming pool, I wanted to make sure you were aware that it is open from 6:00 AM until 9:00 PM daily. The pool is heated to 83 degrees year-round, so there is a cover placed over it while it is closed during the cooler months. If no one is using the pool in the morning, the cover will usually stay on until someone wishes to use it or once it warms up.

Again, I thank you for commenting about our property and helping to provide first-hand information about Emerald Greens!

Warm Regards,
Brent Pope
Resort Director
brent@stayandplaytampa.com
813-961-9400
East Aurora, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

I have two young daughters and a finicky wife. The room and common areas were spotless, very friendly and helpful staff was always around, my kids LOVED the splash pad and play area, we did a one-day trip to Disney (only about an hour drive) but most of the time just ended up lounging around the pool while the kids played and swam...clubhouse had great inexpensive meals and they delivered to the room, golf course was beautiful and it was in great shape when I was there, very green. And for a 2BR2B on a golf course 10 minutes from the airport and Busch Gardens it was pretty inexpensive.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

This is, by far, the best place we've stayed in Florida. I am a very particular traveler who has high standards for cleanliness and customer service and I don't have anything negative to say about Emerald Greens!! We are a family of four (two adults, a 5-year old and a 3-year old). We have been to Tampa before, but this was our first stay at Emerald Greens and we will definitely be back. We stayed for 8 days and didn't want to leave! The condo was spacious and immaculate. The pool, splash pad and playground were conveniently located, clean, safe and kept our whole family entertained and happy all week. The golf course is amazing. My golf lesson was the best I've ever had. The food from the clubhouse was delicious (and delivered to our condo hot and fresh). The guest services staff were friendly, prompt and more than accomodating.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
North America
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

Paid an arm and a leg for this brand new resort property that could not provide stable water temp. One second you are freezing cold then the water shoots out incredibly hot water almost scalding you then returns back to freezing cold. It does this throughout the entire shower. The staff is no help, only saying that it was a problem with the construction of the property.

• Liked — everything was new
  • Disliked — lack of maintanance
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Emerald_Greens, Manager at Emerald Greens Condo Resort, responded to this review, September 22, 2008
Emerald Greens Golf Resort values the feedback of our guests and the experiences shared on Trip Advisor. The water temperature was at one time a concern, but the source of the problem has been determined, and has since been resolved.
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

As a family of five we found the Emerald Greens to be a fantastic venue for all our needs. Not only were the rooms plush, but the facilities were top notch - clean and accomodating. We knew the service was good when our children took a personal liking to the staff. - My 9 year old daughter has a new "favorite waitress" and my 6 year old felt compelled to write the junior golf pro a "good bye" letter. Emerald Greens was located only minutes from Bush Gardens and was centrally located for our day trips to Universal Studios and the Gulf Coast. We felt at home in the rooms with full kitchen accomodations enabling us to prepare for our long day trips and always looked forward to dinner at the club house. The food at the Emerald Greens was fresh and plentiful. My favorite part is that I rarely lifted a finger and at the end of the day I got to sink into one of the best beds ever! Thanks Emearld Greens. We'll certainly come stay again.

Stayed April 2008
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2008

I have found it...my little oasis while going to Tampa for business.

I recently received a big promotion with the company that I am working for, so while I am not a big fan of traveling, I stumbled upon this brand new resort while surfing the web.

I went down...not expecting much, and to be honest with you, had a "back up" reservation at a nearby chain hotel.

I was pleasantly surprised. There won't be anymore "back up" reservations in my future.

They have amazing villas that are HUGE! I felt like I was right at home. They left no detail unnoticed, like the fluffy terry robe in my bathroom, to the prompt attention I received from the moment I got there.

Worth trying out, and I think they even have some "one bedroom" villas that they are enticing people to come and stay with them to get aquainted.

Superb Golf, amazing people, I can't wait to go back!

• Liked — Something different! If I stay in a chain hotel one more time, I am going to go crazy!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Emerald Greens Condo Resort? Share your experiences!