“Great Family Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Atlanta
“Great Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Great resort. We felt welcome from the time we arrived. The accommodations were very spacious. A two bedroom, two bath with plenty of room for the kids. The covered screened porch was nice. The kids love the pool and the resort even brought in a large inflatable water slide for added fun for the kids. To top it off I left my phone charger and they found it and mailed it back to me. Top Notch resort and the landscape was amazing.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
jacksonville, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and used it as a home base for Busch Gardens, Lego land, and a Tampa Yankee game. Very clean, spacious, with a cordial and attentive staff. We needed the room for my wife, son, and grandson and this two king bedroom layout was perfect. Played a round of golf on the user friendly course. If you go, call Slice Master and have some great NY pizza delivered.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had a 3 night stay here in a 2 bedroom apartment. It was very, very comfortable - well equipped and clean. We loved the 2 bathrooms and the space. The kitchen had everything in you would ever need and we even had a little balcony to sit out on. We liked the free guest laundry, swimming pool was good and staff friendly and helpful. The only 2 mini gripes were the restaurant/bar were closed by 7pm and there was no swimming after 8pm. Having said that, on one of the nights we had forgotten to pick up milk and the staff arranged for the restaurant to bring us some over (even though it had just shut)...super nice!
Well located for Busch Gardens (it was about a 15 minute drive).

Room Tip: We had a room facing the car park..whilst this may sound like a bad thing it was really quiet. Quiet...
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

My 10-night stay at Emerald Greens was by far one of the most relaxing I have experienced in Tampa. While this hotel lacks the overall pomp and decorum one would expect in a Country Club Resort, it is compensated by a completely relaxed and luxurious environment nestled in the sleepy suburbs of Carrollwood Village. With finely appointed furnishings and spacious accommodations, this hotel is abundant in comfort. Service was excellent with a clearly attentive cleaning staff and dependable front-desk attendants. The pool and fitness center were impressive and executed beautifully. This hotel's only folly is probably the lack of an on-site day spa which I was anticipating upon my arrival and would have enjoyed if "still" available (it was removed). Emerald Greens benefits greatly from a convenient location, a gorgeous landscape, and an unforgettable level of accommodation and hospitality not yet seen in Tampa. Emerald is truly a hidden Shangri-La of Tampa Bay which had yet to gain the recognition and attention is so fervently deserves.

• Stayed June 2013
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was my first visit to the Emerald Greens Resort as a Hotel guest and I stayed on the recommendation of my well travelled son. This Hotel really suits me personally because as a Hotel General Manager have to admit that I am beyond fussy most especially regarding cleanliness and bed comfort and this hotel was outstanding with both. My experience was a great one and I was very impressed with many features of this Hotel and resort facilities in general. I arrived very early in the morning, and I was immediately upgraded to a Condo unit, lloved the floor to ceiling windows and balcony. There were international adaptors available for plugs in the walls, (a great plus for me) , ipad worked great with super fast internet, two spacious bathrooms, great bathroom amenities, beautiful sheets and pillows, and the room (and every area of the Hotel i visited) was spotless and kept that way at all times by what appeared to be a very hard working housekeeping crew whom i complemented personally. Pool bar snack choice was huge and delicious and I really enjoyed a couple of meals I had. Great pool, beautiful golf course area and I liked the location of the Hotel. Above all service second to none, right from my first greeting to when I regretfully had to leave. I will be back ! Big thanks to Sales director Drew Dosek for being so helpful when I became Very ill and had to be admitted to hospital.

Room Tip: Contact Drew Dosek
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Booked a seven day trip to Tampa for my family and I based on the great reviews of this property. We were hesitant due to the low rates. When we travel as a family with our three teenagers we look for 2 bedroom suites or we book two adjoining rooms. Emerald Greens turned out to be just perfect. Two large bedrooms separated by a full kitchen and living area with a, comfortable, pull out sofa. Very clean, tastefully decorated, wireless Internet included, daily housekeeping, friendly staff all made for a lovely stay. It is situated within a country club so there is a bit of a residential feel around but is so close to shopping, restaurants, theme parks, etc. It was a 40 minute drive to beaches. There was a modern fully equiped fitness facility and large pool, golf and maintained tennis facilities. The area was perfect for jogging and walking throughout the area. I have absolutely nothing negative to comment on here. Would highly recommend.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have visited this property many times and have returned because I have enjoyed it every time...Except this last visit. The arrival was OK, I was greeted well...though not as well as I have seen the same person greet others, but OK overall. The room was as usual, until I went to bed. I turned on the TV and there were several channels out. I understand that happens, so I didn't give it a second thought. I then tried to get comfortable on the bed which is the main reason that I go there. The beds are comfortable, but not this time. The mattress was sagging almost all the way down to the box spring. Both my wife and I woke up with back pain. The next day I informed the same person that checked me in. When I told her about it, she smirked which told me that she knew about it, but claimed ignorance. She told me that she was surprised because people always are asking about the bed. I informed her that though the bed is good , it is terrible and was sagging. I was able to compress the mattress with my hand all the way down! I also informed her that many channels were out. I was offered no solution, no compensation, nothing. Just a "sorry, we are booked and I don't have another room" I was not able to rest comfortably for 4 nights. For the price, my stay was poor if not terrible. But what made it worse was the lack of customer service and the poor manner in which I was treated. I assure you that they lost this long time customer. I informed them of my situation at checkout again, but no one seemed to care, offered nothing in return for sleepless and painful nights. The place is aging and going downhill. They need to maintain it or else they will surely lose more customers. There were also people driving erratically on golf carts in the parking lot which surprised me... especially since it was the staff doing it. They seem to be enjoying Emerald Greens more than the guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
brentpo, General Manager at Emerald Greens Condo Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Greetings Jim788,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your feedback. I am terribly sorry for the poor experience you and your wife encountered during your stay. There is no excuse for the lack of customer service you received and I will be sure to address this immediately with our team.

Regarding your commentary on our beds, I am very surprised that you felt a difference from your other stays. All of our beds are exactly the same make, model and age. They are memory foam mattresses which usually gives our guests a much more plesant sleeping experience. I inspected your mattress along with our Engineering Director and did not seem to find anything wrong with it. We have had some challenges with a few of our television channels and are currently working wtih Direct TV to solve them. (We are waiting on them to send us new equipment and unfortunately nothing can be done to solve the issue until the equipment comes in.)

If you would like to discuss this matter with me further, please feel free to contact me anytime at brent@stayandplaytampa.com or 813-961-9400 ext.403.

Kindest Regards,
Brent Pope
Resort Director
Emerald Greens Golf Resort

Been to Emerald Greens Condo Resort? Share your experiences!