“Best steak I've ever had” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
jacksonville fl
“Best steak I've ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Décor was over the top. The steaks and mushroom risotto was over the moon. So good.

Dessert room was worth the visit, cool concept and the macadamia nut ice cream was unique and superb.

Visited September 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great as usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Been many years since I have eaten there but the quality is still tops. Ordered too much food and could not finish. Steak tartare was excellent. Like how they are now including veggies, potatos, onion rings, soup and salad with the entrees. Used to be all ala carte.

Visited September 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Amazing!! It's a whole experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Took the husband there for his birthday because he has always bragged about bern's being one of his fav restaurants growing up. The ambiance is strange, like a mix between an older steakhouse and gothic building. For some crazy reason(because looks nothing like it) reminded me of al capone's hideaway in Illinois? The staff at this restaurant are career professionals, not just someone working to get through a slump or while in college. They have been trained, trained and trained some more(heard they even work the farm where they grow a lot of the ingredients used at restaurant before allowed to become servers! Cool!)My husband actually remembered our server as his server for prom almost 20 years ago!! Now to the food...Bern's to us was not very expensive. Entrees were not a la carte as many of the restaurants we eat at are. Soups were delicious, not an afterthought. The veggie sides were creative and was explained to us that while they cannot possibly grow everything they use at the restaurant at their farm they do use what they grow and so sides are always changing. Again, very cool to me! We learned foie gras was not for us, but had always wanted to try. Just felt like i was eating a stick of butter,yuck!! I chose lobster, don't really remember which cut of steak my husband had, possibly delmonico, but our son chose the chateaubriand, bigger of the cuts they had to offer. The server even explained that was a lot of food but we told him to order what he wanted so a steak the size of his head it was! The look on his face when his plate came out was priceless!! Everything was delicious, besides foie gras but again that's just a matter of opinion. We did tour the winery/kitchen but because I was preggers I had roughly half of one glass of wine(doc said was okay) even though they have the largest private stock of wine in the country! Next time we will get a bottle of something special. The dessert room upstairs is so cool! Private booths with a phone to call your server. The bananas foster, with cart presentation was the perfect way to top off the night! We drove home half comatosed and very satisfied!! We did notice people sharing entrees and with all the extras you get I believe this could be a rather inexpensive way to have a great meal, we were just going all out for a special occasion. If we lived closer I could see coming often to share entrees, but we will be back soon regardless because we were all in agreement this was one of our best nights out! Oh, and our son being treated well/like a little man and us not being treated differently because we had children with us was also icing on cake. People often prejudge and assume they don't want a table with children because of lower check averages or rowdy children. That is not the case with us, like our son's dinner choice above shows, but we have often had lesser service then I believe we should because we choose to take our children with us.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boca Raton, Florida
“Expensive. Past it's prime...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Berns has been my husbands favorite restaurant for many years although his opinion was formed 30 years ago when he lived in Tampa. This was my third visit and I'm sorry to report that the bloom is off the rose where Berns is concerned. The decor is, well... creepy and dirty. At least it sure seems dirty. Escargot was ok, but only middle of the road based on our experience. Service was ok but not befitting what we would expect from a $200 meal (without wine). Lighting was substandard and the room appeared dark and depressing. But perhaps that was a blessing in disguise since the food was not up to par. The Cameo room where we ate was so loud we couldn't hear ourselves think and were grateful when the meal was over and we could escape to the dessert room. I still like the dessert room and it felt like an oasis of peace after the loud dining room. Does not come close to comparing with steakhouses like Chops.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Palatka,fl
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We split a 14 oz chatubriand and it was more than enough. Soup was great, salad and twice baked potatoe was perfect. The tour and the dessert room were. Even better. Defiantly will go back

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bern's Steak House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bern's Steak House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.