“Still On Point” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Atlanta, Georgia
“Still On Point”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Once again, I treated myself to a birthday dinner at Bern's. I was promptly seated with my 7:30 reservation. I knew I wanted a Zin with my meal, but the selections for just this variety were extensive. My waiter, Spencer, asked me several questions about what I wanted in my wine and gave me about four suggestions. I choose a '73 SouveRain. Excellent!! All week long, I was wondering what I would order for dinner. Bern's menu is incredible. Under appetizers, the diver scallops had me considering. The grilled red snapper, surf and turf, and beef short ribs all caught my eye. Don't forget, at Bern's the French onion soup, salad, and baked potato are included. That was my deciding factor in skipping the scallops. Even though the other mentioned entrees sounded good, I CAME FOR STEAK. Just like my initial visit, I ordered the 14oz bone-in strip medium-rare high. PERFECT! I'll be back when I return to Tampa.

Tampa
“Worth the money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We went last night for a late dinner. I had the delmonico and my husband had the chateaubriand. I also had the 3 soups and a chocolate martini. The food did not disappoint. The mashed potatoes were yum and the steak was perfectly made! The martini was the best I have had since taking a martini class. We then went up to the dessert room. I love the privacy of the booths and the ability to choose your own music. Dining at Berns is an experience you won't want to miss.

“An Experience wothwhile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our reservation was met timely, the ambiance from the moment you pulled up was fun; Harry the valet MAN!!; Diane the hostess was personalble, wanted to know all about us! Vance the waiter made sure we were informed at dinner and took very good care of us; we did the tour which was cool, the steak's were like butter cooked perfect, the onion rings were perfect the onion soup the best we ever had, just realized no bread..which thinking now was a good thing as it would have just filled us up! We would all go back to Bern's to try every thing on the menu!!!! Be sure to go and drive thru the Hyde Park area!

Spring Hill
“Deserving of its reputation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We visited on a Saturday, and Bern's was absolutely packed. Yet, we had no trouble getting a quick cocktail in the lounge, and our wait was not unbearably long to get a table. Once there, our waiter, Trebor, was attentive and fun - casual, but not over the top.

The food was great, as usual. One member in our party had a steak which was a bit overdone, but still flavorful. The side dishes and appetizers were very tasty and done to perfection. If there was a complaint at all, it is that there was too much food! We pushed our bloated selves away from the table and somehow managed to eat dessert upstairs, too. That's an experience...make sure you leave room!

Visited April 2013
Winter Park, FL
“I wish for the old days!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I have been going to Bern's for the last 30 years. It was always a special place to dress up and have a great meal. The ambiance of the restaurant has not changed, just the patronage. The website states emphatically no t-shirts, flip-flops or jeans. What do I see during dinner? Lots of jeans, t-shirts, flip-flops. Is it really too difficult to put on some decent clothes to go to a restaurant that charges $200.00 per couple for dinner. Also, please leave the kids at home if they cannot sit at a table and behave. Walking a child around the table near other diners is quite intrusive since the tables are very close together.

I would say that most of my dinner was delicious. My only problem was the steaks they served in past years was much better than what I was served the other night. My chateaubriand came out in two pieces. The main piece was cooked exactly as ordered medium rare, however, the second little piece was well done and inedible. My husband's steak also came out in two pieces. In all my years, I never had a steak served here that came in pieces.

The dessert room is always heaven and did not disappoint.

The staff was quite attentive. They paid special attention to my 14 year who came dressed much better than 90% of the other patrons.

I also agree with some of the other reviewer's comments about the parking charge. This is not a cheap restaurant. To drive in and see a sign stating that valet parking is $5.00, not including tip, makes the place seem cheap. It puts a slight damper on an evening which you feel should be special, especially with the prices they are charging.

We will certainly come back, however, if my next experience is anything like this one, I can stay home in Orlando and spend the same kind a money to get the same experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Been to Bern's Steak House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Bern's Steak House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.