“What a burger!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Brick,NJ
“What a burger!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I had the pleasure of stopping by for lunch. I had the Roberto Clemente and my Wife had The Babe Ruth. All I can say is those burgers were one of the best we have ever had. The flavor was unbelieveable. The selection of sodas was large and quite varied. They even had my favorite, RC Cola. Dont let the building fool you, there is alot of great cooking going on there. The only thing we found lacking were the french fries. They are using a frozen, coated french fry. If they made fresh cut fries, they would blow the roof off the place.
But, we will be back there when our travels bring us to the Tampa Bay area. Heck, let me be honest. I'll take a trip there even if we are in the Orlando area. Still worth the trip.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Miami
“Diners & Dives”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

1st saw this on tv. First visit last month was Great! This visit was fair, It was still good but they need to improve cleanliness outside. We will try it again next month.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Travel back in time with a DDD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This diner is amazing-- if its even called a diner. You walk up to this little shack of a building and order your meal, huge portions of everything. They have a old school ice box with vintage soda flavors and glass bottles. Seating is only outside so prepared to sit on a bench with other people if need be. Needless to say i know why this was featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. AWESOME!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Visited on way to Busch Gardens after seeing on TV”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Visited Danny's after seeing on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives in the UK - was on route to Busch Gardens from Orlando to Tampa.

We went for breakfast and the food was very good and decent value for money. We were there early so wasn't bustling but the service was good. I did go and buy a T Shirt for my partner and Cap for myself but the girl who served me said the caps were in a locked cupboard she had no access to and she only seemed to get the t-shirt because it was under the counter so didn't require much effort to fetch - she lacked enthusiasm to say the least but didn't spoil the good food.

We would visit again if passing but wouldn't go really out of my way as was expecting it to be excellent having been on tv and it was merely very good (which is still over and above most places).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“A "must try" when in Tampa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We are big fans of the show "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" and just before our trip to Florida saw the episode with Danny's All American Diner. We put it on our list and took the drive to Tampa and it was well worth it.
We unfortunately don't have many places like Danny's where we live, so it was a great experience for us. The staff was so friendly and helpful with suggestions. I couldn't resist the "Guy Fieri's Triple D Triple Play", definitely not the usual thing I would order, but fortunately, it was cut into 4 so we all could try it. It was delicious! Everyone else had a great meal as well. The ice cream and milk shakes were amazing, good old fashioned food, good value.

• Visited August 2012