“Good, but not great.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Inverness, Florida
“Good, but not great.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

We went to Terra Sur with another couple. We weren't disappointed by any means, but we weren't Wowed either. The meat was good, the shrimp ceviche was good, but it wasn't great. Would we go back? Yes. Would we crave it, probably not.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Gainesville
“Delicious and Different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

My husband graduated with his Masters degree and our family went out to celebrate. He found this restaurant on Yelp and we are fans of Peruvian food, so we decided to check it out. Our daughter & my parents had never had Peruvian cuisine before, so it was a new experience for them. We got the ceviche sampler and it was delicious. My mother, who previously didn't like ceviche, was enchanted and went back for more after trying it. Our daughter got the fried seafood platter, which is huge and delicious. My parents shared the paella, which was amazing, and my husband and I got small plates and a salad. The pulpo (octopus) was one of the best we'd ever had, and the others were also delicious. The atmosphere is cozy and welcoming, and our server was excellent. We will definitely return when we are back in the area. Thanks so much for an excellent and memorable celebratory meal!

Palm Harbor, Florida
“Prima donna servers”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

The food is better than average, but the staff is pretty stuck up. It's not a favor to bring me my food, I'm paying for it and tipping you.
Seriously, the servers need a major attitude adjustment before I would ever go back.

Visited July 2014
Tampa
“They don't honor the Carolwood locations gift cards”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Went to Terra Sur because we received a gift card. Dinner and service were very good. However when we went to paid the server came back and informed us that they were not set up to take gift cards yet. Keep in mind that the Kennedy location that we went to has been open since November of 2013! When I asked to speak to the manager she informed us of the same thing and that others have been upset for the same reason. So you have a problem, you know you have a problem because others have complained but continue to do nothing about it. I informed the manager that this problem could have easily been avoided if we had been informed prior to us ordering that if we had gift cards from the other sister restaurant they could not process them yet. I had to be forceful and state that they needed to honor the card also showing them the gift receipt amount before they issued a credit. Made for an extremely ugly end to an otherwise nice meal. It should never have come to that. Will not be back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Never disappoints...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

When the ceviche hankering sets in this place is a real treat. We have visited here many times and each time bringing some leftovers home. Ceviche isn't the only thing on the menu, This small Peruvian gem has a wide range of tasty dishes that could satisfy most palates.

• Visited July 2014