“Don't let the name fool you!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #616 of 2,066 Restaurants in Tampa
Tennessee
“Don't let the name fool you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I walked into Bamboozle Cafe (http://bamboozlecafe.com/index.php/home/menu) to have lunch after realizing that our original destination, L'Eden (http://dine-at-leden.com/) was closed. We waited patiently and after looking over the menu and deciding we didn't feel like waiting any longer for hoity toity slow service, we left. This was the right choice as we found ourselves standing in front of the Jerk Hut and quickly walked inside. We were greeted with a smiling, friendly face (as opposed to being told to sit anywhere and then being told we couldn't sit where we wanted to sit in Bamboozle Cafe) who offered us samples of the delicious food...giving us the welcomed freedom to choose.

My husband had the curried goat and I had a sampling of curried chicken and baked chicken with red sauce. Lemme first explain that my husband is a fan of curry and I'm finding myself feeling quite tired of curry...so I was surprised by how delicious the curry at this restaurant is! I, however, still haven't developed a taste for curried goat and don't expect to.

We were also offered samples of Jamaican punch, which was delicious!!! The food is amazingly delicious, the plantains were just right, and the service was full of awesome! I highly recommend this spot for a bite! My husband recommends the curried goat...I recommend the herbed chicken and red sauce.

Afterward, we got into a conversation with the folks running the restaurant. They were so very friendly and welcoming. In summation, I think perhaps "Jerk Hut" is a more fitting name for the folks working in Bamboozle.

If you find yourself in downtown Tampa and want a friendly, easy-going, and delightfully flavorful lunch or dinner...I very much recommend this restaurant. We will definitely be going back to that very spot again before we leave this town!

Oh, and for the dark beer connoisseur, I highly recommend that you try the Jamaican Dragon Stout. It is deeeeee-licious!!!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Solid west Indian fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Good oxtail although a bit pricey. Rices and peas are solid but the jerk should be spicier

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, NC
“Awesome food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

With the exception of the homeless people, some of them angry and talking to themselves, this was my favorite eatery. The jerk chicken special was awesome, as were the red beans & rice and the plantains.

Visited January 2012
Tampa, Florida
“A Little Caribbean Music For Downtown Tampa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

It seems that downtown Tampa is filled with pizza and sandwich shops - and more pizza and sandwich shops. Since Jerk Hut decided to open a spot away from its North Tampa locations, downtown Tampa now has a different place to eat. The outside of the building is more colorful than the inside, but the real star is the full dinner platters of jerk chicken. Portions are good and prices are geared for the lunchtime crowds that need to eat fast.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“If you like Jerk seasoning, this is the place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2008

If you like Jerk seasoning, this is the place.