“Authentic Turkish Cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Izmir, Turkey
“Authentic Turkish Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

We were very interested in trying this restaurant after having had lived in Turkey, and we didn't leave Gengiz Khan disappointed as the food, decor and friendly service brought back fond memories of wonderful times spent in the amazing country. The succulent kofte (Turkish meatball) with Turkish rice was as good as anything I remembered and the tender chicken kabob was perfectly prepared and delicious with the bulgar. Definitely a new favorite dining destination of ours, and if you love fresh ingredients and not-overly-processed food you will want to try it for yourself too.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Tampa
“Dishonorable and cheap for a pricey restaurant”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

I bought 2 certificates for $25 each for Gengiz Khan from 50's off tampabay. My sister got sick and we just tried to use 1 coupon tonite. I presented the coupon to the waitress, she said ok. We had appetizers and the when they brought the main course out we were told they cannot accept the coupon. She continued to tell us CBS was never authorized to sell coupons in their name and to ctc cbs, and that we didn't show her the coupon, just the waitress. She called the waitress over and proceeded to bawl her out. I said they cbs would be sued.for selling coupons falsely. She continuued to argue with me and I finally said, ok we will pay for our appetizers but not the meal. We didn't eat it., and our meal is already ruined. She said let me call the owner. The owner basically said the same thing and I told him the same - we will pay for our appetizers but we don't want the dinner. We will just leave. So he said no, no I will give you $10 off, and finally I said ok. But then when we went to pay the bill they took $10 off and insisted I give them the coupon ( the one the don't accept) I gave thm the coupon and I still have the other. The food was so, so - overpriced -my mom and pop Lebanese restaurant on Busch Blvd is much better. Aside from the food the restaurant is pretty and I would have gone back before I found out how dishonorable they are. The blond also did not have to be as nasty as she was to a customer. After that she would not even look at us. I felt sorry for the poor waitress. I have written a complaint to cbs radio also. I will never go back and I will tell everyone I can.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“Best Organic Restaurant in Tampa, FL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

Love the service. Been going there for awhile now and envite all our friends who came to love the restaurant just as well. Service is great. Food is outstanding. Just love it. This restaurant has the best servers in town. Truly service with a smile. Very clean.
Thanks Gengiz Khan for providing such a wonderful place where my family and friends can enjoy a night out. You guys are great!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Just make sure you take...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

Just make sure you take plenty of people to share with. Each dish is big enough for two and they use all organic ingredients :-)

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“a little pricey, but their doner is tender and tasty.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2008

a little pricey, but their doner is tender and tasty.