“Supercilious Waiter Equals Bad Experience” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Sun City Center, Florida
“Supercilious Waiter Equals Bad Experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

After reading all the great reviews regarding Vino E Pasta we went to the restaurant with our friends (2 couples). First the pros: We thought the menu offered enough variety to meet everyone’s taste; service was prompt; and the meal was delicious and abundant. The cons: the waiter was supercilious after he was told the wine was warm and need to be chilled. The waiter argued that the wine was the correct temperature and did not remedy the wine situation. I thought the waiter’s job was to serve the customer. Second, the salad that came with the meal was iceberg lettuce with a tomato slice. It was very plane and unattractive. I would like to give Vino E Pasta another chance because the food was good but the waiter’s attitude was totally unacceptable.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tampa, Florida
“Little Italy, genuine, best food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We are so full from such a wonderful dinner and experience tonight! We both ordered April 6th dinner specials. My husband tried the Seafood, it was lobster, shrimp, calamari, mussels in a Shrimp sauce, it tasted SO fresh and delicious. I wanted to order Lasagne, but succumbed to their Lamb Chop special. Sooo glad I did. Tender, with mushrooms in a 3 wine demiglaze. The vegetables were fresh, tender, perfectly seasoned. Garlic Bread? Yes, you can order Garlic Bread, the Owner himself said yes and he would make it special. I cannot eat Marinara sauce without Garlic Bread!<grin>. It went well with our dinners. They topped our dinners off with a small cream puff which really was perfect, we were too full to order dessert! Great service, clean restaurant, fresh floral bouquets on the tables, ambience was mellow, great place for a romantic dinner, dressed up or just casual.

• Visited April 2013
Tampa, Florida
“I guess I expected more?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is by no way an intention to bash Vino E Pasta. There are some really great positives. You get there and it *seems* like a hole in the wall. Once you walk in, it is quite impressive. The decor is nice and I personally loved the tin roof above. Decor is nice, tables are set up well. Staff is polite. Again, nice place with nice staff. Definitely a nice place to take a date or that special someone.

The food, for me, was the downfall. A lot of it just seemed to be out of a can. Pasta tasted a little over cooked. Salad is par. Bread was just bread. What they did with some of their ingredients is quite impressive. The sauce was amazing. I had veal that I could not complain about. Dessert, I had a chocolate cake that average. My girlfriend had the tiramisu and that was much better than expected considering my chocolate cake.

Again, this seems to be a hit and miss kind of thing. Some of it was great and some of it did nothing for me. They focus quite a bit on the wine list and will make some great suggestions if needed or requested. Prices are a little higher than they have to be; but, the decor and overall experience make up for it to me.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, FL
“Small, friendly place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We found this small, friendly restaurant through Trip Advisor, and it did not disappoint! My husband and I shared the calamari in marinara sauce, the sauce was light and tasty. After we had the specials: a snapper in parchment, with scallops, olives, artichoke hearts, and the seafood pasta, with a whole lobster tail!
All perfectly prepared and delicious. The owner, host came to the table to check on everything, and even brought over a one year old, whose parents have been coming there for years, just like a proud grandpa! It is a small restaurant, so it would be best to call ahead.

Milwaukee,Wi
“a nice small Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

A staff that was very friendly and helpful. The food is good and the service better. Would really recommend this restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere