“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent Location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #45 of 159 hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Beautiful Hotel, Excellent Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is great for business or overnight fun just to get away. The rooms are very nice, extremely clean and the staff is very accomodating. We will certainly be using this hotel for future visits.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a King size bed, make your reservations ahead of time. They only have a few.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JMalu, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear HSTT,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to write a review of your stay with us! We realize you have plenty of options when choosing hotels, and we want to THANK YOU for choosing ours.

Thank you again!

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mascoutah, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I always stay at the Brandon Courtyard when I travel to the Tampa area for business. The rooms are always clean and the staff is always so friendly. The price is right as well. Easy access to the interstates for travel around the area. I marked this excellent because my stay is always very comfortable here. However, for some reason Courtyard has stopped the free coffee in the lobby area. As gold elite member of Marriott I find that discouraging. Its not the local properties issue but a corporate issue I was made of aware of today. Minor issue but nice to grab a cup of coffee when your leaving for the day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tmka2463,

We appreciate your feedback; guest feed back like this is what prompt us to bring back the complimentary coffee service in the morning. We realize as a business traveler you have plenty of options when choosing hotels, and we want to thank you for choosing ours. I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Tampa-Brandon.

Kind Regards,
Odessa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My recent stay at this location proved far beyond my expectations. The reception staff, especially,Yusuff Belal who checked my 92 year old mother and me in, proved himself to be an exceptional asset to the Marriott Corp. He and another rare service gem of an employee named Ivan both were expediently attentive to our various needs as guests. Neither hesitated to recognize and immediately offer their assistance for my disabled Mother's special needs. I found it to be a delight to meet these two wonderful employees who treated us like caring family from the moment we entered up to the time of our departure. They both make service an "ART" to be appreciated. The indoor pool and hot tub alone made our stay worthwhile;
especially considering the stormy weather during our visit. The room was spotless and thoroughly comfortable. I would highly recommend this Marriott Courtyard Tampa/Brandon to anyone traveling the area.
THANK YOU AGAIN, Yusuff and Ivan.
Emma Rose Weaver

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review your stay with us. It is always a pleasure when our staff is able to wow a guest and get recongnized for their efforts. I have already shared this information with the entire team.

Thank you so much!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Clean comfortable Marriott offering recently remodeled. Shuttle service available to airport as well as downtown. Convenient to Tampa University convention center etc. Breakfast and restaurant offers limited breakfast items as well as lunch and dinner.Paper in the morning at the door.

Green Features: As with all Marriott locations smoke free and recycling is encouraged
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I want to say that we appreciate hearing feedback from your stay and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to serving you again.

Thanks again,
General Manager and Staff
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here with my son, daughter-in-law and 2 grandchildren ages 6 and 9 on 3-14 and 3-15. The staff was very friendly and helpful. An early check in was allowed for my son who was in Tampa on business and finished early. The rooms were okay, no fridge or safe, etc. we were put in adjoining rooms on the 3rd floor. The Bistro is not a full serve restaurant. The menu is ample, but breakfast tasted and looked like it had been microwaved, not cooked. Not what I expected. We ate there 2 mornings and I ordered 2 different things but had the same impressions. We got a call on the second night, around 10 pm from the front desk stating that the room below was complaining that we were "jumping around on the floor." HUH? The kids had been asleep for an hour after spending a long day at Legoland. We had simply been packing as we had to leave early the next morning. There was a party going on several rooms down, and people in the hall. No one was jumping on the floor and we were NOT being loud in any way. The floors must have zero soundproofing because we were doing nothing more than walking around and gathering and packing. We chose this hotel for its location, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Casey W, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Julietll,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied. We try our hardest to ensure all of our guests have the best stay possible. Unfortunately some guests are more sensitive to their surrounding than others and we take every report of noise seriously. We did not mean to cause you an problems by honoring another guests request to contact your room about noise. We are constantly trying to improve our food offerings and I can assure you nothing in our kitchen is microwaved. We have recently added some great new items and taken some items with bad reviews away. We hope you made it home safely and that you enjoyed the time with your family here in Tampa. If you are ever in the Tampa area again, we would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Casey and the Courtyard Team
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I recently stayed at this branch on 3/25-26. I was initially turned off by the fact that I requested a king size bed and they over booked, subjecting me to a standard queen double. The rooms are typical, no fridge or microwave, no "luxuries". Therefore I'm not surprised that the hotel has claimed my 100+ dollar CHI flat iron for its own. Probably as an "upgrade" in room 334! You may wonder why I’m perturbed about a flat iron. I could say that as a natural hair, African American woman, I've grown to be quite sensitive and selective on the products I purchase in a multi-billion dollar industry. Or I could say how I’ve only owned the styling utensil for 2 weeks and have yet to make good use of my investment. I'm more disturbed by the simple fact that it was taken and there is no sense of justice for my now shattered sense of security when staying here. There is no way to record a complaint against the individual that cleaned my room. I cannot "manage" to get in contact with the general manager, nor AGM at any random hour of the day. I will be contacting corporate because I'd hate to have left something worth over.... oh wait, I did.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JMalu, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
D P,

I wanted to thank you for your review of your stay with the Courtyard back in March. I have recently taken over this property and this is excellent feedback for me to take back to my team so we can address any future issues before they even arise. I cannot empathize enough with the frustration you felt after leaving your flat iron behind and not being able to recover it.

I can assure you that there will be steps put in place so we can minimize the chances of this happening in the future to anyone. It is from valuable feedback such as this, that we are able to improve for our guests. I thank you!

We hope, if your travels bring you back to the Tampa/Brandon area, you will afford us the opportunity to show you our changes and give you the experience you not only expect, but deserve.

Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

First off, I do agree that the renovation here was well done. The rooms have a contemporary look and are very clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Staffers at the Bistro went out of their way to get ice for me. Housekeeping left some friendly and funny notes and were gracious in responding to our request for extra towels. Many have written favorable reviews about this hotel, and my expectations were reasonably high. I have to confess I was disappointed.

What I don't get, most of all, is the location. Yes it's reasonably convenient to several restaurants and Brandon. But the hotel itself sits in a grove of trees with access via a dead end street, and a turn off, with every sense that you are pulling into a campground rather than a three star hotel. Returning late at night, as I did several times, had a very funky feel. It is (almost) spring, so they deserve the benefit of the doubt, but the grounds could be much nicer and more inviting. Perhaps some will feel the hotel sits in a private location - I could not help but feel the hotel had the poorest location of the several places nearby. As a Fairfield Inn sits very close - almost too close - the shared parking lot felt very small.

The laundry room had a single washer and dryer. I had planned to rely on it, but could not get anywhere close to it on a Saturday afternoon. The room heat and air conditioning did not work well (tricky to tell if it was on or off, on heat or A/C) and the thermostat was off by a good 6 or 7 degrees. Some have commented favorably about the Bistro. I found it much too basic and much too bland - the scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes looked and tasted as if they could have come from McDonalds. Nothing wrong with that per se, but I expected more.

I spend quite a bit of time in Tampa and have not yet found a hotel that meets all of my expectations in terms of location, room quality, facilities, and meals. Sadly, this hotel isn't it. I'll have to continue to look. If all you want is a clean room for a night or two, this hotel will meet your needs. But there is nothing special about this hotel that will draw you back repeatedly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Casey W, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
SLCTraveler84111,
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. It is not often that we have guests not enjoy their stay with us and we apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. We will do our best to fix the issues you listed and we will become a better hotel and team. Without honest feedback like yours it is hard for us to know what we are doing right or wrong. I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to improve! We wish you luck in your search for the perfect hotel in Tampa and we would love the chance to host you again.

Casey and the Courtyard Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Budget, Pool, F...
Pool, Free inte...
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Free Parking, P...
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon West

Been to Courtyard Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!