“Staying in Tampa” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Staying in Tampa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Clean comfortable Marriott offering recently remodeled. Shuttle service available to airport as well as downtown. Convenient to Tampa University convention center etc. Breakfast and restaurant offers limited breakfast items as well as lunch and dinner.Paper in the morning at the door.

Green Features: As with all Marriott locations smoke free and recycling is encouraged
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JMalu, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I want to say that we appreciate hearing feedback from your stay and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to serving you again.

Thanks again,
Jasmine Malu
General Manager and Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here with my son, daughter-in-law and 2 grandchildren ages 6 and 9 on 3-14 and 3-15. The staff was very friendly and helpful. An early check in was allowed for my son who was in Tampa on business and finished early. The rooms were okay, no fridge or safe, etc. we were put in adjoining rooms on the 3rd floor. The Bistro is not a full serve restaurant. The menu is ample, but breakfast tasted and looked like it had been microwaved, not cooked. Not what I expected. We ate there 2 mornings and I ordered 2 different things but had the same impressions. We got a call on the second night, around 10 pm from the front desk stating that the room below was complaining that we were "jumping around on the floor." HUH? The kids had been asleep for an hour after spending a long day at Legoland. We had simply been packing as we had to leave early the next morning. There was a party going on several rooms down, and people in the hall. No one was jumping on the floor and we were NOT being loud in any way. The floors must have zero soundproofing because we were doing nothing more than walking around and gathering and packing. We chose this hotel for its location, but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Casey W, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Julietll,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied. We try our hardest to ensure all of our guests have the best stay possible. Unfortunately some guests are more sensitive to their surrounding than others and we take every report of noise seriously. We did not mean to cause you an problems by honoring another guests request to contact your room about noise. We are constantly trying to improve our food offerings and I can assure you nothing in our kitchen is microwaved. We have recently added some great new items and taken some items with bad reviews away. We hope you made it home safely and that you enjoyed the time with your family here in Tampa. If you are ever in the Tampa area again, we would love the opportunity to serve you again.

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I recently stayed at this branch on 3/25-26. I was initially turned off by the fact that I requested a king size bed and they over booked, subjecting me to a standard queen double. The rooms are typical, no fridge or microwave, no "luxuries". Therefore I'm not surprised that the hotel has claimed my 100+ dollar CHI flat iron for its own. Probably as an "upgrade" in room 334! You may wonder why I’m perturbed about a flat iron. I could say that as a natural hair, African American woman, I've grown to be quite sensitive and selective on the products I purchase in a multi-billion dollar industry. Or I could say how I’ve only owned the styling utensil for 2 weeks and have yet to make good use of my investment. I'm more disturbed by the simple fact that it was taken and there is no sense of justice for my now shattered sense of security when staying here. There is no way to record a complaint against the individual that cleaned my room. I cannot "manage" to get in contact with the general manager, nor AGM at any random hour of the day. I will be contacting corporate because I'd hate to have left something worth over.... oh wait, I did.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JMalu, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
D P,

I wanted to thank you for your review of your stay with the Courtyard back in March. I have recently taken over this property and this is excellent feedback for me to take back to my team so we can address any future issues before they even arise. I cannot empathize enough with the frustration you felt after leaving your flat iron behind and not being able to recover it.

I can assure you that there will be steps put in place so we can minimize the chances of this happening in the future to anyone. It is from valuable feedback such as this, that we are able to improve for our guests. I thank you!

We hope, if your travels bring you back to the Tampa/Brandon area, you will afford us the opportunity to show you our changes and give you the experience you not only expect, but deserve.

Jasmine Malu
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

First off, I do agree that the renovation here was well done. The rooms have a contemporary look and are very clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Staffers at the Bistro went out of their way to get ice for me. Housekeeping left some friendly and funny notes and were gracious in responding to our request for extra towels. Many have written favorable reviews about this hotel, and my expectations were reasonably high. I have to confess I was disappointed.

What I don't get, most of all, is the location. Yes it's reasonably convenient to several restaurants and Brandon. But the hotel itself sits in a grove of trees with access via a dead end street, and a turn off, with every sense that you are pulling into a campground rather than a three star hotel. Returning late at night, as I did several times, had a very funky feel. It is (almost) spring, so they deserve the benefit of the doubt, but the grounds could be much nicer and more inviting. Perhaps some will feel the hotel sits in a private location - I could not help but feel the hotel had the poorest location of the several places nearby. As a Fairfield Inn sits very close - almost too close - the shared parking lot felt very small.

The laundry room had a single washer and dryer. I had planned to rely on it, but could not get anywhere close to it on a Saturday afternoon. The room heat and air conditioning did not work well (tricky to tell if it was on or off, on heat or A/C) and the thermostat was off by a good 6 or 7 degrees. Some have commented favorably about the Bistro. I found it much too basic and much too bland - the scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes looked and tasted as if they could have come from McDonalds. Nothing wrong with that per se, but I expected more.

I spend quite a bit of time in Tampa and have not yet found a hotel that meets all of my expectations in terms of location, room quality, facilities, and meals. Sadly, this hotel isn't it. I'll have to continue to look. If all you want is a clean room for a night or two, this hotel will meet your needs. But there is nothing special about this hotel that will draw you back repeatedly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Casey W, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
SLCTraveler84111,
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. It is not often that we have guests not enjoy their stay with us and we apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations. We will do our best to fix the issues you listed and we will become a better hotel and team. Without honest feedback like yours it is hard for us to know what we are doing right or wrong. I appreciate you giving us the opportunity to improve! We wish you luck in your search for the perfect hotel in Tampa and we would love the chance to host you again.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at The Courtyard by Marriott in Brandon. We will certainly stay there again. The rooms are decorated in a contemporary theme and very clean and comfortable. We love the Bistro for breakfast and dinner. Our only regret this time was that due to the weather our flight was delayed and by the time we got to Brandon it was after 10:00 pm and the Bistro was closed. However, there was a little food alcove in the lobby where we were able to.purchase a sandwich and bottle of wine.

• Stayed March 2013
Casey W, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Kathryn L,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at our hotel. We are so thrilled that you chose to stay with us again and that you had a great stay. The Bistro is a great addition to our hotel and we hear from many guests who enjoy having the convenient option for food and drinks in the lobby. We are about to roll out some menu changes for Spring and the new recipes are delicious! Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was clean updated and staff was friendly. Great location. Would stay here again if I have to get hotel in this area. Pool looked clean. Food smelled good yet I didn't eat there. Overall satisfied with this hotel

• Stayed March 2013
Casey W, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dcfdoll,
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We LOVE that you enjoyed your stay! Maybe next time you will have the time to sample our Bistro menu or ejoy a delicious Starbucks coffee. We hope to become your home away from home here in Tampa.

Casey and the Couryard Team
Sebring, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We've stayed at many Marriott properties but this one was outstanding. The decor was very nice and our room was almost spotless. We appreciated the efficient, free WIFi. We requested a quiet room and were nicely accommodated. Even though the motel appeared to be full, we never heard any noise all night. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Every staff member we came in contact with was extremely friendly and welcoming. It is obvious that management runs a tight ship. The location of this property is convenient for shopping and dining out. The front desk clerk provided us with a listing of area restaurants and a map. We highly recommend this Courtyard and will stay there again when in the area.

Room Tip: We always request a room on an upper level floor away from elevators and ice machines.