This property is a bigger wreck than Lindsay Lohan. We chose to stay here because the property was newly refurbished and in a semi close location to Busch Gardens as we were headed for Howl-O-Scream, which was amazing!
I have stayed at several Marriott locations, and this was by far was the worst. The most important aspect when staying at a hotel I believe is "Customer Service". I don't think that this property understands the definition of that.
In particular, there was a request made to the Front Desk where we had requested for the bed to be turned over. The male agent appeared very confused, and upon clarification from his coworker to the meaning of "turning down the bed" he replied with "WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE BED?", in a very powerful and startling tone! At this point, we had just let it go and moved on with our day.
Another instance, was in the early evening where we had asked an agent a question in regards to hotel amenities. She replied with a one word answer, walked away, and moved on to her next task.
Come to think of it... not once when we walked into the entrance doors of the lobby were we greeted.
After going through our day, we finally returned to the hotel around 2AM. Night Auditior, Melissa was surprisingly very friendly, accommodating, and made a very good impression with us after a long day. Maybe some of their associates should take Guest Service 101 with her.
Overall, this stay was truly disappointing. They received two "dots" simply because it was newly renovated, and Melissa gave a lasting impression with us....
This property really has potential... They just have a lot to learn when it comes to Customer Service.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Tampa Brandon Hotel Tampa
- Courtyard Tampa Brandon Hotel
- Tampa Courtyard
- Tampa Marriott
- Courtyard Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Convenient to I-75 and the Crosstown Expressway, the Courtyard Tampa Brandon is convenient to Busch Gardens, Hard Rock Casino, University of South Florida, Florida State Fairgrounds, the Ice Sports Forum, and the 1-800 Ask Gary Amphitheater. Guests will enjoy spacious guest rooms with complimentary high-speed Internet Access, an indoor pool, whirlpool, and fitness room. The Courtyard Café offers a breakfast buffet. This hotel is a member of the Florida Green Lodging Program and allows pets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard Tampa Brandon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.