“A Fine Respite” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Gainesville
“A Fine Respite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The check-in was courteous, qwick, and professional. I was pleasantly surprised that our room was upgraded. The room was well appointed, clean, and very comfortable.
Unfortunately, we got up to let to partake of the breakfast.
Check-out was effortless.
We already booked our next stay!

Room Tip: Our room was not facing the parking lot and it was quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
FFIBrandon, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our freindly staff and overall cleanliness of the hotel. Unfortunatly you did not get the chance to enjoy our new hot breakfast plan but when you return we hope you will get to enjoy it. We are proud to say that in Novemeber will be having our lobby and breakfast area renovated and look forward to the fresh new look we think everyone will enjoy. Thank you for taking the time to comment on our propery and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back as a repeat guest.

Autumn Westbrook
Operations Supervisor

Ra'anana, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We are in a family reunion visiting florida. most of the time we are out sightseing and having fun in the parks. This hotel offers all we need for the limited short time we are in. Breakfast is simple but nice, fresh and enough for getting started. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am excited to let you know that the hotel will begin a full renovation this November. The new Fairfield design is amazing and will totally transform this hotel. I hope you will return and experience the same great service and new modern up to date hotel the next time you are in Tampa.

Apollo Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was given my platinum upgrade and was allowed to check in early without any issues. The room was spacious and clean. Definitely a good bargain for the night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Budapest, Hungary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have to give a poor rating to this hotel and the only reason is because it is VERY dated!
As others pointed out before me the hotel is quite dated, definetly not up with Fairfield standards. In my last couple trips to the US I've stayed always with Fairfield and was always pleased with the hotel and staff.
This was the only hotel where I was not so pleased. Again not with the staff but with the dated building/room itself!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you found the staff friendly and the scored the hotel well on cleanliness. I am excited to let you know that the hotel will begin a full renovation this November. The new Fairfield design is amazing and will totally transform this hotel. I hope you will return and experience the same great service and new modern up to date hotel the next time you are in Tampa.

Union City, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was a very affordable hotel. It is within walking distance of various restaurants and shops. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The outdoor pool was nice and a great place to recover from along night of partying. Another awesome recovery tool was the complementary breakfast. Overall fun experience and I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Baltimore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed here only one night on a quick stopover for business. First item that was slightly annoying was the large potted plant that blocked the walkway from the side parking lot to the entrance, had to step back onto the asphalt and back up on the curb to get around, minro but annoying. The young lady at the front desk was very pleasant and quick. There was a young man their sitting up on a side counter talking with her, I think maybe her boyfriend, not the most professional move. The hotel itself looks like it has some age, but was clean and neat. The room was nice, pillows were a bit too soft nothing firm. Left before breakfast so I can not comment on that. When I was leaving I noticed the the trashcan outside was completely full and overflowing onto the ground, not the best final impression. All in all this would be ok for 1 night, but there are many other hotels right in this area so there may be some better options.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry the planter was in your way, we have moved it back in front of the pillar where it belongs. I am glad you found the staff friendly. I am excited to let you know that the hotel will begin a full renovation this November. The new Fairfield design is amazing and will totally transform this hotel. I hope you will return and experience the same great service and new modern up to date hotel the next time you are in Tampa.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is an affordable hotel but not the best. The first thing we noticed upon check in was a busy, sort of aloof and cranky front desk girl. This was the night of July 3. I asked about a rollaway bed and she seemed to be preoccupied with the TV in the lobby. But, we were tired and were just happy to have a night's sleep on our long drive. The rooms are small and they are double beds. The bathrooms are basic. The breakfast was nice though, it's great when there are options like fresh yogurt and hard boiled eggs and the waffle maker is always a hit with kids. But again, service at breakfast was not great - my son dropped the tongs for the bacon and the older lady working that morning seemed annoyed to have to get us a new one from the kitchen. Free internet is great too. For the area, I've stayed at better Marriott locations even in this price range, but for an average night this isn't bad.Just work on the service of your staff and this could be better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
FFIBrandon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to hear about the service you encountered during your stay, we pride ourselves on our friendly service and while your experience is not the norm, your detailed account of your experience has allowed me to take steps to improve our service and ensure that everyone in the future receives the best possible service. We will begin our full lobby renovation in early November. I hope you will return to give us another try in the future.

Bret Jones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Hampton Inn Tampa / Brandon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!