“If your staying in Ybor, stay at the Hilton ..” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Centro Ybor Offer
Ranked #22 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Melbourne
“If your staying in Ybor, stay at the Hilton ..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

Staying in the historical and nightlife capital of Tampa, the Hilton is really a no brainer. Perfectly located just a couple of short blocks from Broadway & 7th Ave, and just a block from the Centro Ybor with the main trolley stop into downtown.

The hotel itself also delivers - modern, comfortable, all the amenities you would expect. The staff I should also mention were excellent - two very friendly and helpful girls at reception on arrival. And although the breakfast was not included in my rate - I would recommend getting it anyway as it was as good as typical American chain hotel breakfasts get.

Parking was not free but not a problem, nor can I think of any other issues that would stand out - other than me picking a mid-week to stay in what is really a weekend part of town, and not helped by some very unseasonal Florida rain. Still I would probably rather stay in Ybor than downtown Tampa any night of the week - it just has more of a buzz than even with only a few people. It has been noted here that Ybor can be a bit rowdy or seedy at times - but there is a strong police presence right near the hotel which was a welcome comfort - something I wish I had in other places on my holiday.

I must also make mention of La Crepe Cafe on Broadway - one of the best wraps & salads I have had anywhere on the planet - and I didn't even try their famous crepes ! There is also a plentiful array of restaurants of all cuisines in the area - not to mention the ubiquitous cigar bars, and the multitude of bars - some of which even open on a rainy Wednesday night !

So again - an easy choice for staying in Ybor - the Hilton provides the comfort and convenience of a country style motel in the heart of old Tampa.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

This was the best experience I've ever had at a hotel. The rooms were very clean and the beds were the most comfortable I've slept in! Everyone working at this hotel from the front desk clerks to the cooks in the kitchen are the perfect example of customer care. They are very friendly and helpful and made our stay the best experience ever. It's in a great location and easy to get to. Within walking distance of many activities. All in all it was the highlight of our trip.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Northern Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

We stayed here during the SEC men's basketball tournament. The staff was extremely friendly and courteous. The location was great. The courtesy van ran to the arena every hour or you walk a block to the trolley which runs every 15 minutes. You are a short walk from a lot of great restaurants, shops, and galleries. The pool and hot tub area was great and there is a beutifull garden area with tables we used with friends every evening while we enoyed drinks and conversation.

There was a bar in the lobby most evenings. Terry, the bartender, even checked on us while we were hot tubbing and brought out drinks.

The only negatives were there was a charge for breakfast which was the type I've received for free at many hotels chains. There were a few problems with our sink and refrigerator that were quickly and courteously handled. Free parking would have been nice.

Truly, I never passed a staff person who didn't smile and greet me with a "good morning' or "have a great day". This was true from the manager down to the housekeepers.

I can see my wife and I returning for a short getaway in the near future.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

We went to the Linkin Park Concert at the Ford Amphitheatre, then stopped to rest at the hotel and then off to nightlife in Ybor City. The next day, we drove to St. Pete to see the Dali Museum.

This hotel is in an awesome location if you plan on going to a concert at Ford Amphitheatre (it's not too far from I-4) or simply go clubbing in Ybor and .

Make sure to book in advance if you are planning on staying. (My brother went to Tampa a few weeks later, but he didn't book in advance and all the rooms were already taken.)

Hotel was pretty clean and the staff was very helpful and gave excellent service.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
Tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

This hotel has one major selling point... location, location, location. Situated only steps from Centro Yobr and the rest of Ybor's Historic District this hotel is very easy for people staying in that town. We rode the trolley to Channelside to see the Lightning play and it was just $5.

It's an okay hotel with a decent hotel room - the room is very small and made really for business travel. It came with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker and had a great bathroom. It does have a pool and a awesome breakfast selection - $10 all you order...

Staff was friendly and very helpful. All around it was a good stay but not the best Hilton I have been to.

$9 a day for parking too.

• Liked — Comfy pillows
  • Disliked — Size of the room
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2008

Overall the hotel is great. It is located near 7th avenue where all of the happenin' places are. Cleanliness of hotel was good too.

However, I had things stolen from my room by my maid. It seemed like little effort was made to try to solve this problem. A bottle of cologne is not big enough to create a fuss about, but I was still pretty upset at the principle of it and the way it was handled. I am still without an explanation or apology from management.

Lock up everything, even if you think it won't get stolen. Who steals a bottle of cologne from your room?

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

In Tampa for business for a week, and wanted to stay at a place close to restaurants, bars, etc. Ybor City was the ticket. The only knock is that on Friday's and Saturday's the place gets overrun with the young crowd. There's plenty of police around. From a previous review, I didn't feel unsafe at all. The hotel was very good. I usually stay in Holiday Inn/Crowne Plaza's for the points, but one wasn't close that I wanted. One day my air went out and they fixed it promptly, took care of my dry cleaning, held a mailed package for me. Good service and fairly clean. I would definitely stay here again if I was coming to the area.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of a real bar in the hotel
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District? Share your experiences!