“Guys Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, Florida
“Guys Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Just got back from a guy's weekend that included a Tampa Bay Rays game and lots of Cigars. This hotel was perfectly located. The rooms were clean and front desk staff were friendly.

The made to order eggs was a nice treat for breakfast.

The restaurant w a perfectly located to enjoy all the fun of Ybor City. Looking forward to returning next yeat.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I am glad that your guys weekend was a success! Thank you for mentioning the great restaurants in the area including our restaurant for breakfast! I am glad that you said that the "made to order" breakfast was a nice touch, I happen to agree with you and look forward to next years visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

They have a free shuttle that accommodated our particular schedule and droped us and picked us up door to door. Front desk very friendly. We had a suit which was very large and clean. Fridge and microwave in room and Kurrig is a nice touch. Bed could have been a little harder but I like really hard beds and I have a tempapedic at home so hard to compare. The rest of the furniture was comfortable especially the desk chair which had a few adjustable parts. Nice size bathroom with plenty of counter space. Hotel is just a couple of blocks from the restaurants a clubs. When I go back to Ybor I will stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for being a top contributor and for reviewing our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. It is encouraging to hear good things from a frequent contributor to trip advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed the area and I was most happy you read that you would stay again, we look forward to your return.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Place was clean and staff was very helpful. I am a light sleeper and they were very nice to make sure I wasn't by the elevators or ice machines. Rooms were roomy and didn't have any issues sleeping - the bed was pretty hard but that wouldn't keep me from staying here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for reviewing our property and mentioning some specifics. I first want to thank you for stating that you would come back again, that is very encouraging and second that our rooms are roomy and that the staff handled your requests. We do have adjustable comfort beds in our rooms with king beds and I am sorry if you missed that about us, we hope to see you again to give them another try.
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The staff was very helpful with setting up accommodations for a group of friends getting together from around the southeast. They gave us special rates and codes to make it easy to reserve rooms on line or by phone.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for your review and taking the time to mention our helpful staff. We hope to see you for your next renunion!
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

After visiting the local restaurant & clubs of Ybor City for my 61st birthday...a good night's sleep was in order.
Not so: the mattress was horrendous!
Me & my husband both tossed & turned until 2AM.
Uncomfortable as hell.
We finally decided to leave and drive home to Kissimmee...it was that bad.
We told that front desk guy...and all he said was sorry.
Well...so much for being a Hilton Honors member.
I'm 'sorry' too; Hilton has seen the last of me.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that you had an uncomfortable night stay and I truly wish you would have contacted me first before taking your issue to trip advisor. Our king mattresses are select comfort and have a dial on each side allowing two people to choose their own comfort level. We have signage in each rooms and at the front desk about this feature. It is also part of our check in protocol to inform guests checking in about the adjustable comfort so if we did miss telling you for that also I do apologize. Our night clerk said that you were pretty final about leaving and said there was not a discussion opportunity to change rooms as I would have offered. My engineer checked the functionality of the bed n the room you left and it was fully operational. I mentioned to you in a direct email that we would like to have you back to give us another try and I hope that you do.
Tampa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I'm used to other Hilton Honors hotels coming with complimentary breakfast but this one cost $10. Okay cool, I'll pay $10 for breakfast, but this breakfast was below quality. The food was warm. I felt like I could have spent the $10 elsewhere. Also, I had a lizard in my room

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
I am sorry to learn about your bad breakfast experience. Many people who come from our other brands (Hampton Inn, Embassy) feel that paying for breakfast is unfair at our hotel, our breakfast buffet has hot cooked to order items on there that cannot be had at other limited service hotels, you can have omelettes any way that you like them and even poached eggs. It sounds to me by your comments that you did not get that far as to experience these, contact me directly as I would like to talk with you further about your experience 813-769-0130 is my direct line or email edward.carroll@hilton.com. As far as the lizard situation we usually do not have them indoors, your profile states you are from Tampa so as you walk down any sidewalk you will see twenty lizards race away from your feet, so we were able to coral the lizard after you left and brought it back outside to its natural environment.
Atlanta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Funky neighborhood. Good restaurants, nice walking. Be prepared for pan-handlers and weird element after dark. Hotel security is good, but do not leave valuables in car. This is a diverse neighborhood with Tattoo Parlors and x-dressers.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your first review on trip advisor. I work in the YBOR area so I am here 50+ hours a week and if I encounter one panhandler a week that is a good deal, panhandling is a part of our economic climate and I am sure your Atlanta is not absolved of this either. Thank you for pointing out our good restaurants and the other places you visited when you were here. I would recommend not leaving valuables in your car in any city you visit.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District? Share your experiences!