“Reunion Weekend” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Fort Myers, Florida
“Reunion Weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

The staff was very helpful with setting up accommodations for a group of friends getting together from around the southeast. They gave us special rates and codes to make it easy to reserve rooms on line or by phone.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for your review and taking the time to mention our helpful staff. We hope to see you for your next renunion!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

After visiting the local restaurant & clubs of Ybor City for my 61st birthday...a good night's sleep was in order.
Not so: the mattress was horrendous!
Me & my husband both tossed & turned until 2AM.
Uncomfortable as hell.
We finally decided to leave and drive home to Kissimmee...it was that bad.
We told that front desk guy...and all he said was sorry.
Well...so much for being a Hilton Honors member.
I'm 'sorry' too; Hilton has seen the last of me.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that you had an uncomfortable night stay and I truly wish you would have contacted me first before taking your issue to trip advisor. Our king mattresses are select comfort and have a dial on each side allowing two people to choose their own comfort level. We have signage in each rooms and at the front desk about this feature. It is also part of our check in protocol to inform guests checking in about the adjustable comfort so if we did miss telling you for that also I do apologize. Our night clerk said that you were pretty final about leaving and said there was not a discussion opportunity to change rooms as I would have offered. My engineer checked the functionality of the bed n the room you left and it was fully operational. I mentioned to you in a direct email that we would like to have you back to give us another try and I hope that you do.
Tampa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I'm used to other Hilton Honors hotels coming with complimentary breakfast but this one cost $10. Okay cool, I'll pay $10 for breakfast, but this breakfast was below quality. The food was warm. I felt like I could have spent the $10 elsewhere. Also, I had a lizard in my room

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
I am sorry to learn about your bad breakfast experience. Many people who come from our other brands (Hampton Inn, Embassy) feel that paying for breakfast is unfair at our hotel, our breakfast buffet has hot cooked to order items on there that cannot be had at other limited service hotels, you can have omelettes any way that you like them and even poached eggs. It sounds to me by your comments that you did not get that far as to experience these, contact me directly as I would like to talk with you further about your experience 813-769-0130 is my direct line or email edward.carroll@hilton.com. As far as the lizard situation we usually do not have them indoors, your profile states you are from Tampa so as you walk down any sidewalk you will see twenty lizards race away from your feet, so we were able to coral the lizard after you left and brought it back outside to its natural environment.
Atlanta, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Funky neighborhood. Good restaurants, nice walking. Be prepared for pan-handlers and weird element after dark. Hotel security is good, but do not leave valuables in car. This is a diverse neighborhood with Tattoo Parlors and x-dressers.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your first review on trip advisor. I work in the YBOR area so I am here 50+ hours a week and if I encounter one panhandler a week that is a good deal, panhandling is a part of our economic climate and I am sure your Atlanta is not absolved of this either. Thank you for pointing out our good restaurants and the other places you visited when you were here. I would recommend not leaving valuables in your car in any city you visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My friends and I spent one night here so we could catch the nightlife. If you are familiar with Y'bor, then you automatically realize that the scene is a great mixture of eccentric, offbeat fun loving personalities. The location is just two short blocks away from the main street which has lots of great bars, clubs and restaurants. The staff was simply amazing. We arrived a bit drunk and were close to highly annoying Gabriel at the front desk. He treated all of us with great ease and friendliness. It is not the first time we stayed here, and I suspect it not to be the last :)

Room Tip: All the rooms seem the same to me, then again, we only stayed one night so we weren't very picky...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for being a senior reviewer to trip advisor and taking the time out to mention specifics about the area and our hotel and staff. We hope to see you and your friends again soon!
Lakeland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The visit to historic Ybor City in Tampa, Florida was excellent. My wife and I had a great time in the restaurants, shops, entertainment establishments, and on the street. There was something for everyone. The hotel was very accommodating to our needs in the restaurant and bar. The staff was very helpful, pleasant, and eager to assist us. Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City is the place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for your second review of our property. Return guests are so important to us as it shows us that we are doing our jobs correctly. You felt the need not only to stay with us again (thank you), but to visit trip advisor again to give us a second thumbs up. We look forward to seeing you again.
Parrish, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Room was very clean, new sheets both days. Breakfast was great, staff was very helpful, lobby was decorated very nicely with complimentary refreshing beverages (water w/ some fruit in it). Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

If I could sum up in one paragragh a successful guest stay, I would copy and paste your comments! Thank you, it makes me feel very good to read through your trip advisor review and I can give kudos to my staff which I will at our daily stand up meeting. We look forward to your return trip.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District? Share your experiences!