“Only one complaint” 4 of 5 stars

Snooze & Cruise
Ranked #29 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
“Only one complaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The hotel was very clean, the bedding was VERY comfortable. The staff was WONDERFUL!! They were courteous and VERY accommodating! Breakfast was good, but only lukewarm. The air conditioning unit was very loud, making it difficult to sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for your review and taking the time out to mention to other travelers what to expect when they stay here. It is our goal to satisfy every guest every time and I am sorry that you had one complaint! Please reach out to me before your next visit and it will be my goal for your stay (as it is for every guest every day) to aim for zero complaints. Hope to have another chance very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
fort myers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This was my first time staying in Ybor Historic District so... I didn't know what to expect. The location of this Hilton Hotel was ideal. We were walking distance of several excellent restaurants including the "Famous" Columbia Restaurant. Since the Hotel is located away from night life, our sleep was never disturbed.
The staff was personable,knowledgeable and accommondating which added to our great experiance.
The breakfast selection was also very good. It included custom made omlets with all the sides for around $10. Since we are Hilton Gold Honors, our meal was complimentary. My husband commented this was the best breakfast of all our Hilton stays.
Our two rooms were very clean, and most importantly we slept very well. I wanted to take the bed home with me. Ha!
I would definately reccommend the Hilton Garden Inn at Ybor Historic District. We had a great stay and would not hesitate going back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review and taking the time to tell other travelers about your experience. I appreciated you mentioning the comfort of your sleep and also taking the time to mention our breakfast. I appreciated that you mentioned that you had it included but also that the value was there. Many thanks and we hope to see you again!
Ybor City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

If you are looking for a Great Place to stay in a very nice part of Tampa, the Hilton Garden Inn is a very nice place to stay, I recommend it highly! I always stay at this location when in the Tampa area - Close to everything; great places to eat and with things to do within walking distance in the evenings! I'll see you there on my next trip to Ybor City!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Wow! Thank you for the great review of our hotel and for the great area. We truly appreciate your comments and hope that you come back again very soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed here one night for a business trip. The location is very convenient to my company's local office. The area seems really lively and fun but unfortunately I didn't have a chance to enjoy the night life. The property is very attractive and well maintained. The room was well appointed and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. In the morning I had a really good omelet at breakfast. I hope I have an opportunity to return and enjoy more of the area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for being a "top contributor" to trip advisor and taking the time to review our property. I appreciate that you said we were "well maintained", those comments strike a particularly good chord with me and I am most appreciative. We hope that you come back to see us again to explore more of the nightlife.
Ybor City, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay. What a great central location. We went to a TBRays game and the next day we wnet the the Aquarium. The staff was very freidly and helpful. The hotel was very nice and clean

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review of our property and pointing out our cleanliness and service. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the Rays game and the aquarium, we hope that you come back to visit us again!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The staff at this Hilton really put the class and service back into hotels and travel. We booked two rooms for my family including my parents, sister, and husband. The hotel has an excellent breakfast, a great outdoor patio for drinks, and is close to the action of Ybor City and the famous Columbia restaurant - which is a must! We stayed here before embarking on a cruise and had the best service. They held our bags while we went shopping. The shuttle to the cruise line was prompt and efficient. During the night, I wanted some decaf coffee and they gave me extra Kurigs for my room. Overall, my family had a great time here. I think one of the staff members names was Hope, there was also another younger blonde girl, whose name I cannot recall, but they were all so friendly and helpful at the front desk. Thank you for helping us have a great start to our family vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for your excellent review of our property! I am truly glad that you had a wonderful experience and I completely agree with everything you said! I will share your comments with Hope and Alyssa who seem to have made your stay that much better. I share these comments at our stand up meetings every morning and it helps to make my point (to the staff) that they make a difference, which was the case with your stay, so thank you again and we hope to see you again.
Derry, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed here before our cruise out of Tampa. The hotel was in a very hip part of town. We are a family of 5 and they had a room that accommodated nicely. I chose for two reasons. 1) it was in walking distance of a touristy area and 2) They had a free shuttle to the cruise port. Some hotels I looked at wanted $15pp for a shuttle. I chose a package with Breakfast included and it was fine, nothing fancy, but conveniently got the job done on our departure day.

Our room was clean and very roomy and the staff could not have been friendlier.

Also for those with kids there is a great arcade one block away.

Room Tip: They have junior suites that have two full beds and a pull out couch.