“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 159 hotels in Tampa
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stopped here for 3 nights in jan.

Great location as it's a walk to the Main Street.

Standard hilton garden inn rooms & set up, but this place had the best staff, the 2 girls on reception where awesome & helped us sort out the GPS for the rental car we had, they went above & beyond in researching it & printing off the trouble shooting guide, along with the batman there who was also very at tentative

Really made a difference in a positive way

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for your kind words and stating that the ladies up front were awesome, for them to make that impact on a senior reviewer makes my day! I appreciate the feedback and hope that the rest of your stay went well. We hope to see you next time that you are in the states!

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Melbourne, FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Very comfortable bed, clean rooms, very friendly staff, close to all the great entertainment and restaurants in Ybor City. We stayed here to be close to Tropical Heatwave music festival that we have been coming to for 12 years.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for coming back to see us again this year. I appreciate you sharing your experience and specifically that you mentioned that you had a comfortable room. We hope to see you again next year!
Gulf Breeze, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Friendly and caring staff who will go out of their way to make you feel at home. Food recommendations were right on and cookies that come out at 5 pm in the lobby were amazing. Managers knew your name and really care about how your stay with them is, definitely will be coming back!
Thanks Ed and staff for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your review of our property. It was nice getting to know you while you were here. I appreciate the kind words and you following through on your word that you would visit trip advisor. It is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back as family again!
Brunswick, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My trip was a BFF getaway and the hotel was in the perfect location to the main street in Ybor City. An easy walk to everything. The hotel ammenities are great. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable about the area. Although the air conditioning was broken in the room and maintence tried to fix it, getting switched to another room was no issue. They delivered the keys to the room so we didn't have to go to the front desk. The stay was quite comfortable and I would stay there again. The lobby is decorated nicely and the pool courtyard looked inviting although we didn't use it. The beds also have a comf

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for specific comments on how our staff was able to resolve your problem. I make every attempt not to sound canned in my responses and reading your review made me feel good and it made our staff feel good about the job that they do when I read your comments to them at our stand up meeting.
memphis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

great hotel, but should have a plan in place incase the coffee maker goes down. the manager or someone on the staff should have went and bought a few gallons of coffee until the problem could be fixed. i guess i could have ran back to my room and used the coffee maker in there, but i was dressed and ready to walk out the door

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and feedback. This was the perfect storm of a communication breakdown and now a training tool. Those large machines have circuit boards (I now know) and it chose 6:00am to fry a circuit board. The server in the morning sent a message to the incorrect person on staff who could do anything, upon arriving our morning supervisor and myself took steps to fix the problem and ordered coffee from a nearby business, this did not help you and for this I sincerely apologize. My staff is very well aware of the importance of having coffee ready and this situation put an explanation point on my care and concern that coffee is a staple of hotels and my staff now knows that coffee is almost as important to having a bed for our guests (in my eyes)!!!!
Palm Bay, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

While a little pricey for someone like me who often travels solo, it's proximity to the amenities that Ybor City has to offer is quite nice. The bed was a little soft for my tastes but satisfactory and the AC, while loud worked very well. This is my second stay and I will likely be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your review and taking the time to write some specifics, I was especially pleased to read that you would likely return! We look forward to it!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We actually live in Tampa and stayed here for a wedding. I loved how valise everything was; bars, restaurants, all within walking durance. Entire girl was clean and I felt totally safe. Good breakfast in the morning; well worth the money.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel and taking the time to talk about the area. I appreciated you mentioning that the breakfast was well worth it, I have to agree! For us to cook whatever breakfast item you want and you can have it your way! I had poached eggs earlier and they were fantastic! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District? Share your experiences!