“no coffee!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
memphis, United States
“no coffee!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

great hotel, but should have a plan in place incase the coffee maker goes down. the manager or someone on the staff should have went and bought a few gallons of coffee until the problem could be fixed. i guess i could have ran back to my room and used the coffee maker in there, but i was dressed and ready to walk out the door

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for your review and feedback. This was the perfect storm of a communication breakdown and now a training tool. Those large machines have circuit boards (I now know) and it chose 6:00am to fry a circuit board. The server in the morning sent a message to the incorrect person on staff who could do anything, upon arriving our morning supervisor and myself took steps to fix the problem and ordered coffee from a nearby business, this did not help you and for this I sincerely apologize. My staff is very well aware of the importance of having coffee ready and this situation put an explanation point on my care and concern that coffee is a staple of hotels and my staff now knows that coffee is almost as important to having a bed for our guests (in my eyes)!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Palm Bay, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

While a little pricey for someone like me who often travels solo, it's proximity to the amenities that Ybor City has to offer is quite nice. The bed was a little soft for my tastes but satisfactory and the AC, while loud worked very well. This is my second stay and I will likely be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for your review and taking the time to write some specifics, I was especially pleased to read that you would likely return! We look forward to it!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We actually live in Tampa and stayed here for a wedding. I loved how valise everything was; bars, restaurants, all within walking durance. Entire girl was clean and I felt totally safe. Good breakfast in the morning; well worth the money.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel and taking the time to talk about the area. I appreciated you mentioning that the breakfast was well worth it, I have to agree! For us to cook whatever breakfast item you want and you can have it your way! I had poached eggs earlier and they were fantastic! We hope to see you again in the near future!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We recently had a block of rooms for our family wedding. I cannot say enough about the great service at this hotel. The staff was more than accommodating. The rooms and common areas are all clean and up to date. Breakfast was hot and fresh. The fruity water in the lobby was a welcome touch. The street car stop is one block away and our guests could travel to downtown Tampa, the Florida Aquarium and just take a fun sightseeing ride.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Being a senior contributor to trip advisor I am sure you know the improtance of a great review and this was a great review! Thank you so much for mentioning our staff and service and I am so glad that the wedding was wonderful as described. We hope to see you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Very nice accomidations,Staff were friendly and helpfull when needed.Breakfeast food was good. Rooms were clean and comfortable. location was perfect for reasturants and shopping.Would highly reccomend this to all who stay in ybor city. But you must keep your rates below 100.00 dollars to be fair to the average traveler.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your comments and mentioning specifics about our staff and service. It is helpful to read your comments and heartwarming to know that your wedding stay was a good one. Thankyou for your observation about the rates, you visited us during our very high demand period and that is the cause for the rates even though you did have a wedding group rate.
Miami, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Location of the hotel is very close to the old town and many restaurants and clubs. Very nice area to visit however, on the weekends the area starts to liven up with visitors and the clubs music can be heard from the front of the hotel. Over-all nice hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your first review on trip advisor and taking the time to review our property. I am glad you received what you paid for and that we were a nice hotel in your eyes. Hope to see you again soon.
Cape Coral, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

I really wanted to give this hotel a Very Good rating because the hotel and the location are really great. But it's a bit pricey and our breakfast experience was not great. My family stayed one night at this hotel and was pleased they could allow early check in without notice. Lobby was very nice, rooms well appointed - grateful for the frig and microwave. The location in Ybor City was perfect and on-site parking (though a bit pricey at $9 for the area) was helpful. Front desk staff were pleasant though when I attempted to get water from the dispenser in the lobby, the clerk clearly could see it was out and there was no effort to refill it so I could get some. Not an overly big deal but just a bit disappointing (I like the fruited water!). However our breakfast experience was not the best. I knew they didn't have free breakfast but was hoping for another option other than the full hot buffet for $9.95. I would have preferred just the cereals, breads and fruit for half that - my family aren't big breakfast eaters. We ended up all ordering from the hot service and waited 25 minutes for our food while the other few patrons in the restaurant received their hot items. Our waitress came by once and said our food would be out in a few minutes but 10 minutes later, nothing. That wasn't great service. We were under a time crunch so it wasn't the best experience. I do have to say that they only charged us for 2 breakfasts instead of 3, not sure if that was on purpose or a mistake but that helped a bit. I'd stay at this hotel again, I would just skip the breakfast part and eat elsewhere in Ybor City (which was not an option for us as we were there on a holiday and little was open).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for being a top contributor to trip advisor and for taking the time to write about our property. The number one comlpaint for our brand is the charge breakfast. I have mentioned in previous posts that having worked at other brands that include breakfast and comparing our hotels breakfast offerings is not a fair fight! We will have most of the same options that they have on our cold buffet (and guava pastries!) however we will also cook to order anything that you want, poached eggs, eggs over easy, any kind of omelette that you want. The inclusive breakfast hotels just cannot do what we do and that is why we charge, it is a brand initiatiave and I am sure as a HHonors member you have stayed at the different brands. I am looking into the service failure and my restaurant supervisor will be on top of any issues or potential issues and I am sure that they picked up the one meal because of the failure. Please reach out to me in advance edward.carroll@hilton.com or my direct line 813-769-0130 the next time you are in the area.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District? Share your experiences!