“Very nice hotel in Ybor City” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Snooze & Cruise
Ranked #28 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Oviedo, Florida
“Very nice hotel in Ybor City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend getaway and found it to be a very nice hotel. It's clean, comfortable and we felt safe there. The staff were all pleasant and accomodating. The hotel breakfast was great but I advise getting breakfast included in your stay as we did, otherwise it's kinda pricey to pay for it seperate. The air conditioning system was a bit of a problem. I reported it to the front desk and the hotel was very responsive but an hour later it failed to work again. I just said the heck with it, since we were leaving the next morning. I rated the room average on "sleep quality" and "Room" because of the a/c problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for your review and specifics about our hotel. I noticed that you contribute often to trip advisor and taking the time out of your day to rate our hotel is appreciated. Thank you for helping us see through your experience how you enjoyed the hotel. Thank you for informing other guests what to expect especially about the breakfast and have heard great feedback about some of our new features, we always have cooked to order as well as buffet options, thanks again and we hope to see you again soon/

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The common areas are well kept and very pleasant. Outdoor patio area to enjoy Ybor City cigars. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. The one bedroom suite was very clean, spacious, and well appointed. The location is just an easy short walk away from all of the Ybor City restaurants, museums, shops. Definitely coming back again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for your first review on trip advisor your comments were a very good start to my day. To hear that you will be back was especially delightful! To have you state that you will be back shows that my staff made the proper impact on you and I will make sure to read your comments aloud to our staff in our next stand up meeting. We certainly look forward to your next visit.
Palm Coast, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

I am a fan of HGI, and this one was up to par as far as the room was concerned. Comfy beds, pillows, great work space and good bathroom lighting.
This HGI is a bit loud. There was a loud 'glugging' noise from the sink, even when I was not using it. The walls are thin, and you could hear other people in their rooms and police sirens on the street throughout the night. I suppose that is to be expected in a downtown area.
The worst thing was the veggie burger I ordered. It took 45 minutes... even the bartender kept asking if it was ready. Perhaps they burned the first one? If so, they should have let me know there would be a delay. It was also more like a black bean burger. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Room Tip: Room 306 had loud noise coming from bathroom sink pipes.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for being a senior contributor and thank you for reviewing our hotel. I will certainly have our maintenance team look into your issues, I will talk with our food and beverage team about your specific feedback and use it as a training tool.
Leesburg, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

My wife and I visited this hotel on a weekend trip to Tampa for the Andrea Bocelli concert at the Tampa Bay Times Forum. Not only was the concert great, this hotel truly took care of our needs as first time visitors to Tampa.

The hotel is located just about in the center of the Ybor City historic district. This provided us with walking access to entertainment and many good restaurants. Additionally, the hotel provided a "free" shuttle to the Tampa Bay Times Forum as well as just being one block from the trolley which brought us back from the forum later that evening. The trolley runs until 1:00 am. My wife and I are both retiree's and we felt safe walking in this portion of the city.

During our visit, we took a walking tour of Ybor City (2 hrs) and if we had had the time, we would have taken the Ghost Tour as well. There are several good restaurants within walking distance and in the evening, the bars are jumping.

Outside of the great location, the hotel service was very friendly and attentive. The buffet breakfast ($10) in the morning was very good. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel had a nice sitting area outside which was just right to enjoy the fall weather in Tampa.

On the negative side, although it was nice to only park the car once during our trip, the cost of parking ($9 per day) at the hotel should really be included in the hotel room cost …. not as an extra. The HVAC ran all night in our room and provided a consistent "white" noise. Although it did not disturb my sleeping, others may not care for it. Maybe the T-stats could be replaced with an automatic fan feature so as the fan only turns "on" when the AC is required to run.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being a top contributor for trip advisor and for taking the time to review our hotel. You really took the time with your review and I will review with my staff your comments specifically about the HVAC, I have worked in the hotel industry since 1995 and in different states, HVAC rules in terms of feedback from guests and our hotel being in FL receives much feedback in this arena. Due to the warmer temps this fall and winter our HVAC systems have been working OT for sure and with no relief from the warmer temps the units run more frequently. I appreciate you stating that you enjoyed the breakfast and that it was a good value at $9.95. I just spoke to a guest at breakfast who had three eggs sunny side up, bacon and was on his second round of pancakes, that would have cost way over $10 at any other breakfast place anywhere! So thank you again!
Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

One of the few Tampa area hotels that still reserves a few smoking rooms. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Hotel staff is friendly and very accommodating. Breakfast is fantastic!! Just 2 blocks away from the very entertaining Ybor strip so the location is perfect yet the hotel is very quiet. If my company books me a room anywhere else, I change to this hotel. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review and taking the time to point out specifics about our hotel. I truly appreciate you using the word LOVE in all capitals! I LOVED your review! It made our day and be assured that I congratulated the staff on a job well done based on your review.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

A very good hotel which is ideally situated to explore Ybor City and beyond. Right from our initial check-in all of the staff have been very friendly and efficient. The bedroom was very well appointed and quiet and the excellent cook to order breakfast started the day perfectly. The hotel is very close to the street car which goes from Ybor City to downtown Tampa and gives you the opportunity to see things like the Aquarium or take a game or concert in the Times Forum stadium

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing our property and being a senior contributor to Trip Advisor. I appreciate you pointing out specifics about the area and about the hotel. I especially appreciate you complimenting the food and stating that it was the perfect way to start your day, as not only a hotel operator we are also restaurant operators and we take pride in putting together a nice cooked to order buffet. I spoke to our guests eating just this morning and they were echoing your comments so thank you!
Walnut Creek, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Rather than stay in downtown Tampa, I stay here in Ybor where there's more to do within walking distance and interesting crowds. This hotel is well-staffed, clean, safe and has good business amenities. Desk staff is first rate for this level of hotel. Parking is easy;drive into downtown is very easy. Good value breakfast and a welcoming bar. No full service restaurant for dinner.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Edward C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for your second review on trip advisor and choosing our hotel for your travels to downtown Tampa. Thank you for the specifics about our property and I was happy to see your positive comments about our cleanliness and restaurant. For dinner we have scaled down our menu a bit (but we do still offer dinner and room service) as competing with all of the great restaurants in the area is a tall order, so again we offer a limited dinner menu. Thanks again and we hope to see you again.