“Location can't be beat!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Snooze & Cruise
Ranked #29 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
“Location can't be beat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is right in the middle of the action! Ybor city offers great nightlife and you are walking distance away from it. The rooms are clean and staff is friendly. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again...nice hotel

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Right in the heart of the historic distric. They charge for self parking but made a big deal about how they were not responsible for the car. That made me comfortable. Beds were hard. Nothing really outstanding for or against the hotel, i just expect more from hilton.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I enjoyed the location for a few nights, but there's only so much you can eat!!! Two blocks to the main drag in Ybor City.

Parking is expensive, $9/night - just know you can stay at hotels 10 minutes away without parking charges, but you will have to pay for parking downtown - just depends how much you want to spend down in the area.

I went running one morning - it was a ghosttown running down 8th - easy to check out the area.

Great shopping nearby - IKEA!!

Room Tip: Was very quiet hotel, very pleasant surprise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Had mixed feeling about booking this hotel based on past reviews but decided to give it ago.
When I arrived I was greeted by a friendly person behind the desk, checkin was quick and painless and off I went to my room. The room was clean with no issues.. Grounds were kept clean and tidy. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I don't think I posted last time we stayed, but this visit was a mirror image. Parking a little confusing and it wasn't pointed out upon check in that we would be paying $9 per night for it. It looked like their was a (maybe not as safe) parking place right behind their garage for $3.... We will check that out next time.

Check was super fast and friendly. For $99 per night, the room was awesome. However, this hotel, as with so many others really needs to invest in more frequent deep cleaning or replacement of furniture. While the bedding was sparkling, I did want to put my bags or even shoes on or near the couch or chairs. There is a very cheap portable deep cleaner out there that every single hotel should buy for each of their cleaning carts. Seriously, spend less than a few $100 for each cart, and you could score some 5 stars.

Location is awesome, we love visiting ybor, and the free hotel shuttle rocks. Will stay here again. If I was local, I would bring my portable deep cleaner for the next stay! :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The service was great, the room was nice, nice bartender, great breakfast, everyone was very friendly and helpful. We didnt even get in trouble when we were being a bit loud and obnoxous going in and out to smoke outside.
It is in walking distance to tons of nice bars and restaurants and not too far from airport or shopping. I would definitely stay here again if I was coming to Tampa, which I will be doing soon Im sure, I LOVED Tampa! Very friendly people everywhere we went. No complaints. Ybor City kicks a**!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I made a reservation on Expedia back in July for a stay in December. I soon realized that maybe the hotel might have a special for the event we are attending. I called the hotel and spoke to either a front desk person or reservation person (not sure which), and they were very happy to help me with my reservation. I got the room I wanted and even a small discount from what I had reserved on Expedia. They said they would send me a confirmation to my email. I cancelled my expedia reservation after our conversation. I went on with my life...It is 4 weeks away and I have started thinking of my trip. I realize that they never sent the confirmation email. I called the hotel and I am still shaking my head. I was told that they didn't have my reservation and that it was cancelled (the Expedia reservation). I agreed and said that I should have one that I made directly with the hotel. I was told, and let me quote the woman now--"no your reservation was cancelled". I said, "no - I did not cancel it". I reapeated two more times to this woman that they must have made an error because I did have a reservation. I was never apologized to and in fact she was completely rude to me. I told her that I was astonished and glad that I thought to call before arriving and finding out that we didn't have a place to stay! I asked her to make me the reservation that they must have cancelled themselves. Her response, " we are sold out"... Again, no apologies and no offer to help in any way!! Truly the worst service person I have ever dealt with (outside of some airline companies of course). I have never been so angry and upset over the obvious error that this hotel made with no offer to help in any way... I am scrambling to find a room now and have had to change all of my travel plans this evening. I will be writing a letter to Hilton complaining about the rude women who didn't care in the least that they lost my reservation. Still shaking my head in disbelief. Terrible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
John S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Chefskatemom;

I would like to apologize for the manner in which you were treated while trying to confirm your reservation. We strive to provide the best customer service to all our clients and customers at all times whether in person or over the phone. Unfortunately, this did not happen in your case and I am truly sorry. I reviewed the arrivals for the dates I believe you were coming in and I was able to pull up and expedia reservation that was cancelled and also another existing reservation with the same name made in July . I would like the opportunity to speak with you directly to find out more of the situation so I may address it with my staff or reservation center. If you would please e-mail me your telephone number to tpayc_gm@hilton.com or call the hotel directly at 813-769-9267. Again, please accept my sincerest apology and I look forward to hearing from you.