“Cheap, Great Staff, Great Bed, Clean, Functional, Bad Internet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium

You added Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4732 N Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL 33614 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #124 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Paris, France
“Cheap, Great Staff, Great Bed, Clean, Functional, Bad Internet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was looking for a cheap place to stay in Tampa. Econo lodge was among the cheapest I've found. The staff (especially Felicity) was absolutely fantastic and told me how to save money at every turn in and around Tampa (cheap rental cars etc). The bed was the best bed I've had in 5 years - slept like a baby. The room was relatively clean and very functional with microwave and small refrigerator and TV with cable/satellite. The only thing I didn't like about it was the internet seldom worked.

Room Tip: The 700 building which I stayed has bad internet. The 600 building doesn't have this problem.
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2015

The hotel is horrible. Very scary because parking lot is not lit at night. The clerk gave us a room out in the "north 40". When we rounded the corner, 2 ladies were sitting in front of their room smoking crack. When we entered the room, the air conditioner had backed up all over the carpet. There was one towel and one wash cloth in the room even though the clerk knew that two people were occupying the room. Never, Never stay here. Spend the extra $20.00 and stay at the Holiday Inn next door.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Gina S, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, May 28, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is regrettable that your stay was a disappointment and I would like to extend my apologies. We hope your experience with us does not deter you from staying with Choice hotels in the future.
Warmest regards,
Econo Lodge
Management Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2015

I missed my flight this afternoon, so I booked this hotel without viewing any of the reviews. This place is OLD, obviously. However, I never seen a single bug, or a broken facility in my room. Although this place is more like a motel, it's clean enough and have everything that you might need. It's true that the rooms are a little bit far away from the lobby and it's scary to walk outside at night. But it is NOT disgusting as what the review says. We got here and was waiting in the airport for 40 mins, but then we found out that we were waiting at the wrong place and the driver was still waiting for us. The front desk was very nice, patient, and helpful. I have traveled to all different places, but this is the first time I met a staff nice like her. You get FREE airport shuttle(the shuttle actually took us to the mall for FREE, too), WIFI, and breakfast, and microwave, refrigerator, TV, etc. in your room. Also, it's very close to the airport and the football stadium. What else do you expect from a $69/night inn? You can always pay more if you want to stay at a better place. I mean, it's absolutely not the best hotel in Tampa, but definitely worthy to stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same price, so really not much different.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
North Fort Myers, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2015

I'm so glad I found this motel..They have a shuttle to the cruise port and pick up drop off for the airport..large clean,quiet rooms with refrigerator and microwave also a hot breakfast..beautiful pool, free WiFi.and 14 days of free parking..Great staff friendly and helpful ..This is the perfect motel if traveling in or out of Tampa ..and the rates are great..

Room Tip: Ask for easy access room ...They also have non smoking rooms..
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2015

I can understand how this place still open, my husband booked this place to go to his son graduation, he went a day early with his mother, by the time we got there, my daughter had read some of the reviews, so we decided just to get out of the van and check the room first.
Walking to the property to get to our room it was dirty, the water from the air conditioner weres all over the floor, it really look like one of the motels that you see on the movies, the drug dealing and prostitution going on..
OMG, so soon as my husband open the door "they were waiting for us" yes the roaches, I was with my daughter, my son and his girlfriend, so we just looked at each other and said "we are out of here" the beds look like they are from the 1950's, the carpet disgusting, the smell...
We got back in the car and went next door to the Holiday Inn by that time was already 11pm so we were praying they had a room for us otherwise we were going to sleep in the van, seriously, as soon as we wake in to this place you see the difference so clean, they have a security guard right next to the front desk (probably for all what's going on next door) . We were able to book a room there thank God and we had great night...No roaches, no bed bugs. ...
Please please believe me DO NOT STAY HERE....even if they give it to me for free....

Room Tip: Don't book a room here, they should closed this place down, this is really disgusting I wish the...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2015

I needed to just....get away and focus on work on a reasonably priced place. Seeing the customers who initially entered made me leery, but Felicity set me in a room close to the front office and I felt made many allowances in going out of her way to ensure my stay was a pleasant one. Her demeanor was always pleasant and engaging. I would as a suggestion pay closer attention to the cleanliness of the facility's exterior but other than that, I was very happy!

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
SARASOTA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2015 via mobile

Just needed a room within walking distance to bucs stadium. The check in was easy ,as I had already booked and paid online. As soon as we walked in my son realized it smelled like dirt..we were late for an event so dropped off stuff and left.. came back to roaches in sink and on walls! It was 1130pm and my son was sound asleep.I called and they offered to change rooms. I didn't want to wake him up so they someone to spray...it was so toxic! I was scared about how caustic it was.....what it would do to my sons lungs.I threw pillows on top of his head....I had the creeps all night that things were crawling on me. Don't stay here

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium? Share your experiences!