“Good location -thats about all” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4732 N Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL 33614 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #129 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Millersburg Ohio
“Good location -thats about all”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Friendly staff and good location but rooms are worn and shoddy. Light bulbs out and only warm water at best. Parking area and stairways are very poorly lit. Probably would not stay there again with many other options nearby.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Anig S, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. It is regrettable that this stay was a disappointment on several aspects. I wish you let us know about your dissatisfaction for us to be given a chance to correct the issues or change your accommodation. Your feedback is helpful for us to consider what we can improve on to achieve complete guest satisfaction. Respectfully, Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ormond Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've stayed at this property for the past two years for a music festival. During the time of the festival the property gets pretty hectic! The front desk personal Michelle I believe was GREAT! She was so helpful and kept her attitude cool, calm, and collected during all the craziness! The hotel itself is average but I wouldnt want to stay anywhere else! Its location is super convienent if your headed to the stadium or airport! We did have a problem with not getting towels but I understood the hotel was swamped so making a trip to walgreens to buy my own was fine with me and they had on site laundry that helped a ton! The breakfast room/lobby is very nice and clean! Ill see you guys every year!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Haverhill, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I was very unhappy with my stay at Comfort Inn Tampa RJ Stadium. Got their @2:56pm 4/27/2014 and had to wait till after 4:15pm along with many other guests being told the rooms were not ready because they were Full the night before and they only had 1 washing Machine working and had no sheets and towels. The front desk guy was rude and lacked any empathy about this situation. He acted like it was all out faults. Because of this we almost left and went to another hotel but we were going to get charged for the room anyways so we decided to wait.

Then finally got to check in and was given a 2nd floor room in the far building and my wife is disabled which I requested a queen disability access room. Got to the room and couldn't get in. Walked back to the front desk he told me "yeah sorry I wrote the wrong room number for you". So then had to walk back to the room and open the door to new room, walk in and find a huge air dryer running. So called the front desk to ask why an air dryer was on the floor in the room and why were the floors WET(Soaked)!!! I was told Oh I wasn't suppose to give you that room come back to the front desk and I'll give you a another room. The final room was adequate but I will definitely never stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Brooksville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We chose this hotel as we could leave our car & be shuttled to & from airport which worked great. Front desk clerk had no clue hoe to handle this, I had to instruct her on what to do, asked for placard for front car window, form that w were leaving car etc. Upon our return she was again baffled & couldn't find reservation, she moved at a snails pace. When checking out we mentioned a steady stream from vanity sink & damp floor in front of vanity. She said the dampness was probably from the air conditioner< I stated no its was in front of the vanity, she asked what is a "vanity"? WE left our car April 8 & returned April 19th. We booked thru a park & go agency.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Anig S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Please let me sincerely apologize to you regarding your experience with us during your stay, , we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and do hope your next stay will live up to the standards you have come to expect when staying at one of our properties. Best regards, Management Comfort Inn
Reading, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The heater/air conditioner was broken -- and it dripped onto the carpet and left a large wet spot. The refrigerator also dripped, leaving a large wet spot near the sink. The lamps had no outlets in their bases for charging phones, etc. The tub and shower looked old and dirty, so we didn't even take a shower. What a waste of money!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We thank you for writing us a review and our apologies for the shortcomings.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Getting this hotel was a last minute decision to stay here on a busy weekend. But it was late and I needed a room. You think you are going to be in a decent area because you pass the huge Rays stadium and the Yankee stadium but don't be fooled... You WILL cross the tracks to the bad side of town. Upon arrival there are two men drinking and loitering outside of the door. This entire area is poorly lit and definitely scary. While retrieving my key the ladies at the front were extremely pleasant which gave me a sense of ease. She commended my military status but absurdly comfort inn DOES NOT offer a military discount. First red flag: A guest comes in and is visibly shaken saying her room door was open when she arrived to the room. She demanded her money back. Second red flag: After sitting in my locked car for 10 mins to wait until these other random guys disbursed..The door to my room would not budge even though the card unlocked it. The friendly staff gave me another room and it was decent! Nothing to rave about. As always I checked the bed and bathroom for no surprises. Everything seemed ok..the sink and floors were dirty and sticky. I was awakened in the middle of the night by screams, shouting, and arguments. I dared NOT to look out the window. Shortly there after I saw shadows standing outside my window. I had a ready dialed 911 and just waited to press send expecting the worst. Around 3am the area settled. I woke super early to gather my things and leave. I headed for the shower and turned on the light! Yep! You guessed it a scurry of roaches. After initially running, I went back to take pics as evidence. I had already paid nearly $100 for the room and all I wanted to be was done. I went to check out and they were setting up the breakfast... No way I was eating anything from this place after what I just saw. Just pay the 20-40 bucks extra for the Holiday Inn up the street.

• Stayed March 2014
Anig S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into and will be used to improve our performance. Sincerely, Management

Been to Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium? Share your experiences!