“NOT SO GREAT” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4732 N Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL 33614 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #128 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Brooksville
“NOT SO GREAT”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We chose this hotel as we could leave our car & be shuttled to & from airport which worked great. Front desk clerk had no clue hoe to handle this, I had to instruct her on what to do, asked for placard for front car window, form that w were leaving car etc. Upon our return she was again baffled & couldn't find reservation, she moved at a snails pace. When checking out we mentioned a steady stream from vanity sink & damp floor in front of vanity. She said the dampness was probably from the air conditioner< I stated no its was in front of the vanity, she asked what is a "vanity"? WE left our car April 8 & returned April 19th. We booked thru a park & go agency.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Anig S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Please let me sincerely apologize to you regarding your experience with us during your stay, , we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and do hope your next stay will live up to the standards you have come to expect when staying at one of our properties. Best regards, Management Comfort Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reading, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The heater/air conditioner was broken -- and it dripped onto the carpet and left a large wet spot. The refrigerator also dripped, leaving a large wet spot near the sink. The lamps had no outlets in their bases for charging phones, etc. The tub and shower looked old and dirty, so we didn't even take a shower. What a waste of money!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We thank you for writing us a review and our apologies for the shortcomings.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Getting this hotel was a last minute decision to stay here on a busy weekend. But it was late and I needed a room. You think you are going to be in a decent area because you pass the huge Rays stadium and the Yankee stadium but don't be fooled... You WILL cross the tracks to the bad side of town. Upon arrival there are two men drinking and loitering outside of the door. This entire area is poorly lit and definitely scary. While retrieving my key the ladies at the front were extremely pleasant which gave me a sense of ease. She commended my military status but absurdly comfort inn DOES NOT offer a military discount. First red flag: A guest comes in and is visibly shaken saying her room door was open when she arrived to the room. She demanded her money back. Second red flag: After sitting in my locked car for 10 mins to wait until these other random guys disbursed..The door to my room would not budge even though the card unlocked it. The friendly staff gave me another room and it was decent! Nothing to rave about. As always I checked the bed and bathroom for no surprises. Everything seemed ok..the sink and floors were dirty and sticky. I was awakened in the middle of the night by screams, shouting, and arguments. I dared NOT to look out the window. Shortly there after I saw shadows standing outside my window. I had a ready dialed 911 and just waited to press send expecting the worst. Around 3am the area settled. I woke super early to gather my things and leave. I headed for the shower and turned on the light! Yep! You guessed it a scurry of roaches. After initially running, I went back to take pics as evidence. I had already paid nearly $100 for the room and all I wanted to be was done. I went to check out and they were setting up the breakfast... No way I was eating anything from this place after what I just saw. Just pay the 20-40 bucks extra for the Holiday Inn up the street.

• Stayed March 2014
Anig S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into and will be used to improve our performance. Sincerely, Management
Cumming, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We have stayed here in years past for the Yankees spring training when our children were younger, and it's close to the stadium. Since then, we've stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn, which is further, but so much nicer. I thought it'd be good to be close, but must have forgotten that no frills means no comfort. The room is basic and relatively clean. We got a handicapped room, so it's a little different. No fridge, no microwave. I requested them at the front desk, but they never showed up. The most maddening thing was that the wifi never once worked. I must have called 10 times and visited the front desk twice. Basically, they just didn't care. I am probably naive, but I just have never experienced wifi not working before anywhere. Much of our activities would have depended on being able to google maps and use TripAdvisor to check on things. The breakfast is pretty decent, but at the low price, it just gets too crowded to not feel like you're a cattle stampede fighting over a trough of food. So, there is a diner maybe 500 yards north on Dale Mabry called Pops Diner, which is really good food, good service and decent prices. I would usually take advantage of the 'free' breakfast, but I just had enough of feeling second rate after the wifi situation. Although it is basically clean, the cleaning staff kept taking our towels and not replacing them. By the end of our stay, we were using the little ones to shower. Two of the lights were out, and just like at home, it was one of those things we kept meaning to get to, but never did. I mean, it's a vacation...I didn't want to check off a to-do list. The best reasons to stay here are that it is in your budget and you don't have a car to get to the stadium.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are so glad you liked the convenient location of our hotel within the area. Please accept our sincerest apology for the issues you had with your room accommodations and the service you received did not live up to your expectations. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience. Sincerely, Management
Lecatno, Fl
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We had stayed there along with a number of people who were going to Hawaii on a group tour. We all paid for extended parking as we had an early morning flight.
Check in was quite slow as the clerk was on the phone, and could care less. When we finally got our room, the furniture was old and well worn. The free wifi and the alarm clock was not working and the front desk offered no satisfaction or replacement of the clock. Others in our group also had similar experience. They did take us to the airport on time for us to check in, unlike what we experienced when we returned.
After a long 12+ hour flight from Maui, we arrived at Tampa Airport and a member of the group called after we landed and the person who answered the phone said to call after we had our luggage. We picked up our luggage and then called and were told to go to the blue side and we would be picked up in a few minutes. We waited about 30 minutes before calling back inquiring about where the van was. We watched other vans making multiple trips and still no van. The desk clerk would put the caller on hold until we gave up and called back. After two hours of waiting, the van finally arrived. The van driver was quite apologetic and said that he was never notified of a group pickup and had indicated that they also hung up on him too.
The bottom line is that they just don't care.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Anig S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding stay on your recent visit. I have shared your feedback with my Staff to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future Best regards, Management
Canton, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed here for a night last week. There were much cheaper hotels nearby, but based on the reputation I booked into here. Big mistake. the room was very damp, had multiple cigarette burns on the bedspread, had obvious issues with water damage in the bathroom, and the air conditioner barely worked, and made a lot of noise.

The bed was mush and was one of the worst ones I've ever slept on.

The breakfast room was crowded, so there was no place to sit. It did have a good shuttle service that went to it as well as 3 other hotels.
Next time I'll go for something else.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Please be assured that your concerns will not go unnoticed. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed here 1 night on business. An old hotel just up the street from the Yankees ballpark.

Check in-out was smooth, Katherine was a great help.

There is a pc and printer available off the lobby.
Continental breakfast was just that.

Rooms are dated, but clean. If you are a light sleeper, the a/c may keep you up.

Room Tip: Something in the back, away from Dale Mabry.