“Comfort Inn does better than this” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium

You added Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4732 N Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL 33614 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #128 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Comfort Inn does better than this”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The shuttle was a bit slow...more on FL time, I guess. When I stepped out at the hotel, a broken wire in the chair tore my pants. The people are very friendly and helpful. Our room was quiet-sort of. At 1:00 am the little cockroaches got hungry and began look for food in our stuff. So that ended the good sleep. The room was clean-ish, but should have been better. We were going to stay on the return side of our trip, but chose to go somewhere clean. My words to Comfort Inn that I often use for business and personal travel, "you can do better than this!"

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gina S, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review of our hotel.
Please let me start by sincerely apologizing for your experience during your stay with us.
I brought this up to the hotel so that they can avoid the same issue in the future. We strives to provide exemplary service, and I am sorry to learn that in this case, we fell short. I know they share our vision of providing the best guest experience possible.

Gina S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Macomb, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Waked in and was amazed at how dirty the room was. Toilet had not been cleaned for weeks or longer. Small Bugs all over sink coffee pot and glasses. Large bugs (possibly cockroaches) crawling on garbage pail and up walls. Stained and burned comforters (even though It was a non-smoking room Drawers with no tracks in dresser type cabinet. Need I say more? We did not stay, opted to sleep at airport instead rather than take a chance in this room!

Room Tip: We asked for a refund and did get it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Gina S, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding stay on your recent visit. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests; therefore we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. It dissatisfies me to know that you were inconvenienced with the condition and unacceptable cleanliness of the room you received. I wish you had informed my staff or me about your dissatisfaction and give us a chance to do some changes on your accommodation
Again, thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service and accommodations

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Just left this hotel this morning from staying one night for an event at the stadium and would not recommend not even for a night. where do I begin... when you open the door to room the smell was BAD! the beds are the size of a twin bed and uncomfortable, they put 6 pillow on each bed and even if you put them all together they barely make 1. The roof looked like it was flaking off and dirty and the best part I wake get out of bed and the rug is soaked!!!! the base of the toilet leaked all over the bathroom through the wall and onto the rug... will never stay here again. this place needs a renovation fast..... please beware!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Gina S, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Please let me sincerely apologize to you regarding your experience with us during your stay. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests; therefore we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. It dissatisfies me to know that you were inconvenienced with the condition and unacceptable cleanliness of the room you received. We appreciate your comments and rest assured that they will be shared with our team for improvements. Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and do hope your next stay will live up to the standards you have come to expect when staying at one of our properties.

Best Regards,
Lakeville, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

we stayed here one night..like everyone else said it is old and a little scary because it was so empty looking. the best thing was the location and price everything else was less than ideal.
the carpet while maybe clean was worn and uninviting to walk on with bare feet, the TV was old and not flat screen, the internet was SLOOOW it is hard to get to and from anywhere to eat with the traffic on Dale Mabry, the worst thing is the curtains did not close..just the sheers..I had to pull them together and fortunately the hangers in the room had clips on them for hanging pants so I was able to clip the curtains closed otherwise there would have been no way I could sleep with that much light coming in.

Room Tip: go next door to holiday inn
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

It took me about 40 minutes to drive 3 miles from the highway to the hotel due to the monster truck rally happening nearby. The lobby smelled faintly of urine. At first they refused to give me my confirmed non-smoking room. I eventually got to the non-smoking room that smelled badly of mildew and had unidentified stains on the remote control. I do not recommend staying in this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Please let me sincerely apologize to you regarding your experience with us during your stay, I can't tell you how valuable your comments are to me. I wish you had informed my front desk staff about your dissatisfaction and give us a chance to do some changes on your accommodation.
Please rest assured I take all guest comments very seriously, and use them as a tool to help us get better in every way. We cannot maintain or sustain our business if all our guests have experiences such as yours. Again, please accept my apologies and my deepest thanks for your time and feedback.

Reidsville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

On arrival, Frankie the front desk manager was most helpful and ensured we had what we wanted in a room. A pleasant surprise was the room was very spacious, and clean. Although the hotel is old it is in good repair and for the money its good value. We had a good nights sleep, sleep and the morning breakfast was very nice as well, bacon and eggs, waffles and what have you. again a pleasant surprise. and best of all free parking for up to 14 days and a shuttle service that costs a little extra to the port. Although we did not take advantage of a free shuttle service within 3 miles of the hotel daily.

Room Tip: Our room was located in the 700 block which is in the back away from the noise of the main street.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gina S, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Hello and thank you so much for mentioning Frankie in your review of your recent stay! Frankie recently joined our team, and he is a true example of what a hospitality professional should be all about. I am lucky to have him on my team. We all have been striving to exceed expectations of our guests, and we love seeing your comments when we do! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Gina Santiago-Saturno
Sheffield, Alabama, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We picked this hotel because it is close to Raymond James Stadium, which is where the Outback Bowl is played. The rooms are old and outdated, the carpet is threadbare, and the beds are in serious need of replacement. They ran out of towels on the second day of our stay, and we had to go the Holiday Inn Express adjacent to the Comfort Inn (Both hotels are owned by the same person, we were told). The clerk at the Holiday Inn told me that the Comfort Inn was about to be torn town and replaced with a Comfort Suites. I would not recommend staying at this property until the new building is up and open.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Gina S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Charles H.

Please let me sincerely apologize to you regarding your experience with us during your stay and Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review of our hotel. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests; therefore we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. It dissatisfies me to know that you were inconvenienced with the condition and unacceptable cleanliness of the room you received. We appreciate your comments and rest assured that they will be shared with our team for improvements.

We thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to provide you with a better accommodation.

Gina S

Been to Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium? Share your experiences!