“Unclean and smelly” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium

You added Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4732 N Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL 33614 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #128 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Atlanta, Georgia
“Unclean and smelly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

It took me about 40 minutes to drive 3 miles from the highway to the hotel due to the monster truck rally happening nearby. The lobby smelled faintly of urine. At first they refused to give me my confirmed non-smoking room. I eventually got to the non-smoking room that smelled badly of mildew and had unidentified stains on the remote control. I do not recommend staying in this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Gina S, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Please let me sincerely apologize to you regarding your experience with us during your stay, I can't tell you how valuable your comments are to me. I wish you had informed my front desk staff about your dissatisfaction and give us a chance to do some changes on your accommodation.
Please rest assured I take all guest comments very seriously, and use them as a tool to help us get better in every way. We cannot maintain or sustain our business if all our guests have experiences such as yours. Again, please accept my apologies and my deepest thanks for your time and feedback.

Cordially,
Gina S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reidsville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

On arrival, Frankie the front desk manager was most helpful and ensured we had what we wanted in a room. A pleasant surprise was the room was very spacious, and clean. Although the hotel is old it is in good repair and for the money its good value. We had a good nights sleep, sleep and the morning breakfast was very nice as well, bacon and eggs, waffles and what have you. again a pleasant surprise. and best of all free parking for up to 14 days and a shuttle service that costs a little extra to the port. Although we did not take advantage of a free shuttle service within 3 miles of the hotel daily.

Room Tip: Our room was located in the 700 block which is in the back away from the noise of the main street.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gina S, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Hello and thank you so much for mentioning Frankie in your review of your recent stay! Frankie recently joined our team, and he is a true example of what a hospitality professional should be all about. I am lucky to have him on my team. We all have been striving to exceed expectations of our guests, and we love seeing your comments when we do! Please come back and stay with us again soon!

Gina Santiago-Saturno
Sheffield, Alabama, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We picked this hotel because it is close to Raymond James Stadium, which is where the Outback Bowl is played. The rooms are old and outdated, the carpet is threadbare, and the beds are in serious need of replacement. They ran out of towels on the second day of our stay, and we had to go the Holiday Inn Express adjacent to the Comfort Inn (Both hotels are owned by the same person, we were told). The clerk at the Holiday Inn told me that the Comfort Inn was about to be torn town and replaced with a Comfort Suites. I would not recommend staying at this property until the new building is up and open.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Gina S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Charles H.

Please let me sincerely apologize to you regarding your experience with us during your stay and Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review of our hotel. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests; therefore we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. It dissatisfies me to know that you were inconvenienced with the condition and unacceptable cleanliness of the room you received. We appreciate your comments and rest assured that they will be shared with our team for improvements.

We thank you again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to provide you with a better accommodation.

Gina S
Knoxville, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here because we were going to the outback bowl game. The room was in the last building, so farthest away from everything. The ice machine was broke so we had to go two building over. The room was old and very dirty and dark! The worst part was finding a used condom by the night stand!! There was little bugs everywhere! I do have to say that the staff was helpful, but I really think we should've got our money back and moved to a different hotel!!! There is a Holiday Inn Express right next to it that had to have been much nicer, as this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in!! There were no restaurants within walking distance. I do have one nice thing to say about this hotel, the shuttle driver was very accommodating!! He was very helpful in us finding a place to eat!! There are other hotels within walking distance to the stadium...do not stay here!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Gina S, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Please rest assured I take all guest comments very seriously, and use them as a tool to help us get better in every way. We cannot maintain or sustain our business if all our guests have experiences such as yours. Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us and do hope your next stay will live up to the standards you have come to expect when staying at one of our properties.

Cordially,
Gina S.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

At first time i was a little disconcerted cause the reviews but at the end we stayed on the hotel 26 to 27 and the stay was great. the front desk people were very nice and helpful. If you want to go to a concert near the Raymond James stadium trust me this is your hotel !!!, the nearest of the zone and walking distance. The only bad thing is that breakfast ends at 9:30 when it should end at least at 10 or 11 am,and they don't have a restaurant to have lunch or dinner, but there are a few places to eat at walking distance.If i go to Tampa again for sure ill stay there again.

Room Tip: If ur planing to go for a few days request one with refrigerator cause our didn't have it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Gina Santiago
Comfort Inn
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We booked this at the last minute to attend a concert at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
We got the best rate booking with AAA, but was told that this hotel was not AAA approved. With a 4 hour drive, we wanted a hotel where we could eat prior to the concert. We made this decision based on the information that they had a restaurant. At check in, were told they did not have not had one for over a year. At this point we checked to see if we had other options, as we were so unhappy with the appearance of the motel. This is a 1-2 star motel at best!! Furniture was in poor condition, the bathroom needed major work, carpet and bedding was in okay condition.
A brand new Holiday Inn Express was next door, but booked due to Sunday football game.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize that your stay at Comfort Inn Tampa Stadium did not exceed your expectations. Your feedback is appreciated and will be considered when making future improvements at our property.
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I usually stay at Comfort Inns because they are dependably clean and comfortable. This one is not. It is old and run-down. I have stayed in Super 8 motels that were in better shape. I suppose because it is close to the stadium they rent the rooms but this should not be a Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Gina S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, December 14, 2013

Been to Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium? Share your experiences!