“Bed and bath near the stadium..that's all!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium

You added Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4732 N Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL 33614 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #124 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Jacksonville, Florida
“Bed and bath near the stadium..that's all!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We booked this at the last minute to attend a concert at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
We got the best rate booking with AAA, but was told that this hotel was not AAA approved. With a 4 hour drive, we wanted a hotel where we could eat prior to the concert. We made this decision based on the information that they had a restaurant. At check in, were told they did not have not had one for over a year. At this point we checked to see if we had other options, as we were so unhappy with the appearance of the motel. This is a 1-2 star motel at best!! Furniture was in poor condition, the bathroom needed major work, carpet and bedding was in okay condition.
A brand new Holiday Inn Express was next door, but booked due to Sunday football game.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Gina S, Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We apologize that your stay at Comfort Inn Tampa Stadium did not exceed your expectations. Your feedback is appreciated and will be considered when making future improvements at our property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

I usually stay at Comfort Inns because they are dependably clean and comfortable. This one is not. It is old and run-down. I have stayed in Super 8 motels that were in better shape. I suppose because it is close to the stadium they rent the rooms but this should not be a Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Gina S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I ended up staying four weeks. I found the people most helpful, gracious, and friendly. I also appreciated that they had a weekly rate that rivaled other hotels, and it included breakfast! I've already told the GM that I'll be coming back for breakfast after I move to an apartment! The hotel is also conveniently located near the airport, stadiums, several restaurants, and several places that offer services for business travelers. The cleaning staff were quick to clean my room and provide me with soap, towels, etc., when I needed them. There were also people who kept the parking lot clean and the grounds maintained.

Room Tip: I liked the first floor because I could open that door and walk out into the parking lot and be at m...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Gina S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for your outstanding and detailed review. Our team prides itself on the comfort and satisfaction of all our guests, and we are pleased to hear about your stay and the length of it! Each department on our property prides themselves on their efficiency and a nod from guests are always highly regarded.

We hope that you have comfortably found a new apartment since the time of this review, and expect to see you soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

It seems other reviewers really set their standards too high for the modest price they are paying. My husband and I stayed here a brief night earlier this month. It was a simple place to shower and sleep before heading to the airport for our flight back to Atlanta. Out-dated, but accommodating. The only issue we had was a pair of children that seemed to be everywhere from our check-in at the property, business center when we printed boarding passes, etc. I brought this up to the staff and was given a follow up by the manager that the incident would be dealt with accordingly and it was.

The location is good since it's near the RJ Stadium, Int'l airport, and malls. The response from management was very 5* for the 3* accommodations. Would consider coming back during a layover or if my husband wanted to view a game.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

On November 15, 2013 my wife and I checked in to the Comfort Inn Airport at RJ Stadium (FL724) in Tampa, FL. First of all let me say that the pictures presented when booking the hotel were a bit deceiving! At approximately 1:15 am while my wife and I were sound asleep, we heard a loud thump and realized that it was someone trying to get into our room. The most disturbing part was that the person had a key to the room. Luckily we had our security latch on the door so the person could not get all the way in. I told the person that they had the wrong room, but this situation could have been a lot worse if I was driving my own personal vehicle (if you know what I mean). Anyway, I waited about 5 to 10 minutes to see if the front desk would call me, but they didn't so I called them and the desk attendant told me that it was a mix up and that she would handle it.......???????
About 7:30am after staying up the rest of the morning I went to the front desk to speak with the Manager and was told that the manager was not there and I explained the situation to the person at the desk and she assured me that the manager would call me. At approximately 10:30am the morning of the 16th the Manager called me, and I again explained the situation to her and she told me that she was investigating the incident and stated that for my inconvenience she would give me a night for free. I told her that what she offered was an insult and that I would be speaking to someone else when I got back home and then she proceeded to tell me that she would give me both nights free and that was all that she could do. Her whole phone etiquette during our conversation seemed to be uninterested and disconcerted.
Well over the course of the remaining day and the next morning my room was entered 3 more times! After speaking with the manager, my wife and I left the room for some much needed relief and we left the do not disturb sign on the door. When we returned the sign was gone and our room had been entered and cleaned like housekeeping had been there. Already frustrated we decided not to make a big deal of it. Around 2:30pm we were lying in bed taking a nap when all of a sudden the door flies open again with the security latch catching it. I jumped out of bed and ran to the door and looked out and there were two carts sitting there; one that was full of what appeared to be dirty towels, and the other something else. There was no one manning the carts so I figured they walked away so that we wouldn’t see who they were. Again I contacted the front desk and got the usual unconcerned apology. The last and final straw was the morning of November the 17th about 8:30am with us still in the bed (which I was completely uncovered) without any acknowledgement beforehand (no knocking, this is housekeeping or nothing) housekeeping just burst in the door again with the security latch on and a chair posted under the handle of the door………..just laughed and closed the door back. This time we didn’t even get an apology from the front desk.
This entire stay was horrific and very demoralizing. Oh and I didn’t mention that the Wi-Fi registered the entire time as out of range. Most of my travel whether business or leisure always lands me in a Choice Privileges Hotel, but this by far was the worst stay ever!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Attleboro
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I just stayed here this past week. The room was terrible. It ranked right next to the worst place I have ever stayed in. When I first walked in the light switch turned the clock on and off, not the lights. I found a power strip hooked into the outlet for the lights. They had two lights and the clock hooked into the power strip. The noise both inside and outside the room was frustrating. The dorm size refrigerator ran all night with a hum. The hotel next door had it's Air Conditioning units humming away for most of the night. Inside the room they sounded like a leave blower in the parking lot. They should have been shielded by the Comfort Inn to cut out the sound. The TV channels were inconsistent, some clear, some fuzzy. The wireless internet did not work. When I flushed the toilet about half of the #!!! stayed in the toilet. I had to hold the handle down for the duration of the flush to flush it completely. I then noticed the bottom of the toilet was caulked around the base. No way this should be. When I went to take a shower and adjust the temperature the water was coming out the spout and shower head. I tried pulling the button on the spout to stop it from coming out the shower until the temp was adjusted, but the button was stuck in the half way position. So, took a shower at half pressure. The light fixtures that were suppose to have three way bulbs had simple sixty watt bulbs. I should have left the room, but was just too tired to move. It was clean, but the lack of maintenance was atrocious. Also, the security gates off the side road it faces were suppose to be closed at night. They were open at 4:30 AM when I left, so I don't think they were ever closed. I left so early because of the noise of the hotel AC units next door and room refrigerator made it impossible to sleep. I preferred to stay at the airport early than spend any more time in this room.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay there anyways, make sure you have a room on the left side of the front buil...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This is an old & very basic hotel, but the price reflects this. It is within walking distance of the Raymond James Stadium & we we're able to leave our car at the hotel while we we're at the game. I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews, but it was fine for one night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium? Share your experiences!