“Dangerous area” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium

Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4732 N Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL 33614 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #128 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
San Jose, California
“Dangerous area”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is in a very bad part of town. The motel room stunk! I heard yelling at 1:00 a.m. in the morning. I would never stay there again. I would sleep in my car first. My wife being a blonde I was afraid for her walking around. It was difficult to use the computer, because the same teenager was on it all the time. Also while I was at the front desk there was a person that claimed he had lost his key to the room. The clerk had ask to see his identification and asked his name.
He did not submit either one. The clerk asked him to leave, then he did. Obviously trying to get into somebodies room that wasn't his.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Rowlett, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This motel consists of a sprawling complex of multiple, older (60's style) buildings along Dale Mabry highway, about 10 minutes from the Tampa Internatinoal Airport. It's not fancy, but it delivers decent value at a good price.

Although the buildings have that two story 60's look, the interior of my room was clean and reasonably upgraded. The climate control unit was a newer model and worked fine. The room had two double beds, which left little room for the small round cocktail table that was in the room, and which served as the only available work area. There was a small fridge, with a typical motel-style bathroom setup - sink in the guest room itself, with the toilet and tub/shower in a separate room. The shower delivered a strong stream of hot water, and the bathroom itself was clean.

I do not know about the safety of the nieighborhood, and while I didn't feel unsafe in the neighborhood or on the property, I did find myself being a bit extra cautious as I walked from my building to another building to purchase a soda from a vending machine. A bit of shouting from another room our outside (I don't know which) was heard at one point, but overall, my stay was adequately quiet.

Check-in and check-out were handled efficiently by a pleasant staff member.

I booked this motel because of its proximity to the Tampa International Airport and the rate and felt that I received proper value and comfort. As a top-tier member of the Choice Privileges frequent guest program, I stay at a lot of Comfort Inns, and those who stay frequently at Comfort Inn know that quality and value within the brand vary widely from one property to the next. I would rate this one as "average," and it was decent enough such that I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the rear buildings, farther away from the street, are probably more quiet than those near b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Woodbridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This motel is a bargain price with free breakfast, shuttle pick up from the airport and friendly, helpful staff. The hotel is old, and could use updating a lot, but was clean. There is a diner within walking distance and it was so reasonable with homemade food and open 24 hours a day. It is near the RJ Stadium and Steinbrenner field. The pool was spotless in a small area near the main check in area. The carpet was old so was the furniture, but sheets, and bathroom were clean. I was concerned at first, but checked it out as far as no critters anywhere and room linens were clean, so for the money it was OK. You wouldn't want to spend days there, but for an overnight for a game or to the cruise port, it would do for the price. Not a luxury hotel to spend a vacation at, just in and out for a stop and go to your next destination of choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here once before and had an ehh stay. We were here for Yankees Spring Training, and honestly, we weren't really worried about our hotel considering we weren't going to spend much time there. This year, it got 10 times worse. When we checked in a 5pm our room wasn't ready, 45 minutes later, they gave us a room in the back corner of the property, across from a dark staircase covered in caution tape. We go in the room, there's 4 or 5 cigarette burns in the comforters and the toilet's clogged. We go to the front desk to complain, at least 3 other people are there complaining of plumbing issues. We checked out immediately, went down the road 5 minutes to the Tampa Marriott Westshore and had a great experience. Never again would I even consider staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Apopka, Florida, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

& THOSE ARE KIND WORDS.....not much more i can say...scary to walk on the carpet, wouldn't eat there, stood on a towel in the shower.....changed rooms 3 times & each was omg! would have left, but was prepaid by choiceprivileges.com...& they will hear about it too! not a great part of town....they had airport shuttle & parking....which i needed.

Room Tip: Please don't stay there...dirty dirtier dirtiest!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chilliwack, British Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We arrived late and had little to no help from the desk clerk. We were travelling with my daughters who would be arriving in the small hours of the morning. She told us where our room was and left us to it. Across two courtyards with little lighting, to the last building on the property. No elevators so we had to lug our suitcases up to the second floor. We were two seniors going on a cruise so they weren't light. Then we found the room we were looking for was on the first floor. Not good directions. So we lugged them back downstairs. We had discussed that our daughters would be arriving late so they were aware of who should be in what room They still got it mixed up. Sent us to the room with two double beds and when my daughters arrived, they had to share a queen. They didn't want to trade back because of the late hour and we were ready for bed so they made do. The room had a cigarette burn on the side of the tub, crack in the ceiling, paint on the door handles and a shapoo bottle keeping the drain on the tub open. None of the ice machines in that part of the inn were working. My husband had to go to the hotel next to us to get ice and a drink. When my daughters booked they never said anything about booking a shuttle in advance so when we told them we needed a shuttle (told them when we checked in) we were told it wasn't possible. All the shuttles were full. The next morning we tried again to see if someone had dropped out and took a taxi. Still no shuttle for us. As I was at the desk another lady was telling them she had booked a shuttle and was now told there was no room for her. The desk clerk told her he would make sure she got on a shuttle somehow. So they had room for her but not for us. She was not on the list as I talked to her later and she was really upset that they did not have her down for a shuttle. All in all, this is not a hotel I would stay at again.

Room Tip: If you have to book here, get a room on the first floor and near the front of the property.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Although we reserved a non-smoking room, they only had a smoking room and it smelled worse than anywhere I have ever been (and I work in a dog kennel). It smelled so bad that my clothes (including those closed in my suitcase) were unwearable for the rest of my trip. I was forced to do laundry part way through the trip because it was so bad. The room was filthy, burn marks on the carpet. I was afraid to take a shower because it was so nasty. The front desk staff was unable to perform the simplest of tasks and was utterly unhelpful. Although they advertise a restaurant and lounge on the premises, this steakhouse has clearly been closed for years. And the other guests were scary. Don't go here. I wouldn't even give it one dot if that were an option.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium? Share your experiences!