“a bargain” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium

You added Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4732 N Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL 33614 (Formerly Comfort Inn Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #128 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Woodbridge
“a bargain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This motel is a bargain price with free breakfast, shuttle pick up from the airport and friendly, helpful staff. The hotel is old, and could use updating a lot, but was clean. There is a diner within walking distance and it was so reasonable with homemade food and open 24 hours a day. It is near the RJ Stadium and Steinbrenner field. The pool was spotless in a small area near the main check in area. The carpet was old so was the furniture, but sheets, and bathroom were clean. I was concerned at first, but checked it out as far as no critters anywhere and room linens were clean, so for the money it was OK. You wouldn't want to spend days there, but for an overnight for a game or to the cruise port, it would do for the price. Not a luxury hotel to spend a vacation at, just in and out for a stop and go to your next destination of choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed here once before and had an ehh stay. We were here for Yankees Spring Training, and honestly, we weren't really worried about our hotel considering we weren't going to spend much time there. This year, it got 10 times worse. When we checked in a 5pm our room wasn't ready, 45 minutes later, they gave us a room in the back corner of the property, across from a dark staircase covered in caution tape. We go in the room, there's 4 or 5 cigarette burns in the comforters and the toilet's clogged. We go to the front desk to complain, at least 3 other people are there complaining of plumbing issues. We checked out immediately, went down the road 5 minutes to the Tampa Marriott Westshore and had a great experience. Never again would I even consider staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Apopka, Florida, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

& THOSE ARE KIND WORDS.....not much more i can say...scary to walk on the carpet, wouldn't eat there, stood on a towel in the shower.....changed rooms 3 times & each was omg! would have left, but was prepaid by choiceprivileges.com...& they will hear about it too! not a great part of town....they had airport shuttle & parking....which i needed.

Room Tip: Please don't stay there...dirty dirtier dirtiest!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chilliwack, British Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We arrived late and had little to no help from the desk clerk. We were travelling with my daughters who would be arriving in the small hours of the morning. She told us where our room was and left us to it. Across two courtyards with little lighting, to the last building on the property. No elevators so we had to lug our suitcases up to the second floor. We were two seniors going on a cruise so they weren't light. Then we found the room we were looking for was on the first floor. Not good directions. So we lugged them back downstairs. We had discussed that our daughters would be arriving late so they were aware of who should be in what room They still got it mixed up. Sent us to the room with two double beds and when my daughters arrived, they had to share a queen. They didn't want to trade back because of the late hour and we were ready for bed so they made do. The room had a cigarette burn on the side of the tub, crack in the ceiling, paint on the door handles and a shapoo bottle keeping the drain on the tub open. None of the ice machines in that part of the inn were working. My husband had to go to the hotel next to us to get ice and a drink. When my daughters booked they never said anything about booking a shuttle in advance so when we told them we needed a shuttle (told them when we checked in) we were told it wasn't possible. All the shuttles were full. The next morning we tried again to see if someone had dropped out and took a taxi. Still no shuttle for us. As I was at the desk another lady was telling them she had booked a shuttle and was now told there was no room for her. The desk clerk told her he would make sure she got on a shuttle somehow. So they had room for her but not for us. She was not on the list as I talked to her later and she was really upset that they did not have her down for a shuttle. All in all, this is not a hotel I would stay at again.

Room Tip: If you have to book here, get a room on the first floor and near the front of the property.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Although we reserved a non-smoking room, they only had a smoking room and it smelled worse than anywhere I have ever been (and I work in a dog kennel). It smelled so bad that my clothes (including those closed in my suitcase) were unwearable for the rest of my trip. I was forced to do laundry part way through the trip because it was so bad. The room was filthy, burn marks on the carpet. I was afraid to take a shower because it was so nasty. The front desk staff was unable to perform the simplest of tasks and was utterly unhelpful. Although they advertise a restaurant and lounge on the premises, this steakhouse has clearly been closed for years. And the other guests were scary. Don't go here. I wouldn't even give it one dot if that were an option.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

The sink area and bathroom in the first room we were given was infested with small ants. We were moved to another room about ten doors away, but it also had evidence of ants in the bathroom. The rooms showed a lot of wear and had not been thoroughly cleaned, let alone updated, in a long time. I didn't want to sit down on anything or touch anything. We checked out and went to another hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Somerville, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

On a recent business trip I needed an affordable hotel near the Tampa airport for one night. The problem is that affordable is $120.00. While this property is near the airport, it is very rundown and is downright filthy. The first impression is of a fairly non-descript lobby and breakfast area and you get to see it all because there was never more than one employee working and the wait time was amazingly long for anything. Surprisingly, all three people I encountered were pleasant, despite answering the phone and dealing with lines of four and five parties.

From the outside, the different buildings look like they've seen better days. That feeling is only reinforced when you get inside your room. The carpets were disgusting. I need to do 45 minutes of back exercises on the floor--I skipped them.

I'd say that you're better off paying a bit more to get something clean and with better service, though you can't blame the overworked staff. They clearly did their best.

Room Tip: I don't know that I could recommend any room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Airport at Raymond James Stadium? Share your experiences!